The Real Reason Trump Holds So Many Rallies Is Deeply Disturbing

Nov 2012
nirvana
Donald Trump’s digital advantage may be freaking out Democratic strategists, but what should worry everyone is the technology itself. What makes Trump’s operation so formidable is not so much his investment in digital or any particular architecture that he’s built. It’s more that he’s able to take advantage of monitoring people through their cell phones.
To be clear, the Democrats can and will do the exact same thing. The problem isn’t the candidate, but the capability.

Dec 2015
Arizona
Donald Trump’s digital advantage may be freaking out Democratic strategists, but what should worry everyone is the technology itself. What makes Trump’s operation so formidable is not so much his investment in digital or any particular architecture that he’s built. It’s more that he’s able to take advantage of monitoring people through their cell phones.
To be clear, the Democrats can and will do the exact same thing. The problem isn’t the candidate, but the capability.

There's no doubt that we are being tracked and analyzed. That's not big news. What I don't understand is why people don't manage their privacy settings or TURN your phone off--completely. We can tweak of location settings. We can limit ad tracking. We can turn off the tracking system. We can use private web browsers.

But here's what really gets me from the campaign manager:
Out of more than 20,000 identified voters who came to a recent Trump rally in Milwaukee, Wisconsin, 57.9 percent did not have a history of voting for Republicans. Remarkably, 4,413 attendees didn’t even vote in the last election — a clear indication that President Trump is energizing Americans who were previously not engaged in politics…

… Nearly 22 percent of identified supporters at President Trump’s rally in Toledo, Ohio, were Democrats, and another 21 percent were independents.

What a crock! Trump rallies are circus side shows. People are curious. They are fascinated. They can tell all their friends about the "experience". To claim that these people are going to vote for Trump, is just plain dumb. Whosits is talking out of his behind.

Nov 2012
nirvana
There's no doubt that we are being tracked and analyzed. That's not big news. What I don't understand is why people don't manage their privacy settings or TURN your phone off--completely. We can tweak of location settings. We can limit ad tracking. We can turn off the tracking system. We can use private web browsers.

But here's what really gets me from the campaign manager:
Out of more than 20,000 identified voters who came to a recent Trump rally in Milwaukee, Wisconsin, 57.9 percent did not have a history of voting for Republicans. Remarkably, 4,413 attendees didn’t even vote in the last election — a clear indication that President Trump is energizing Americans who were previously not engaged in politics…

… Nearly 22 percent of identified supporters at President Trump’s rally in Toledo, Ohio, were Democrats, and another 21 percent were independents.

What a crock! Trump rallies are circus side shows. People are curious. They are fascinated. They can tell all their friends about the "experience". To claim that these people are going to vote for Trump, is just plain dumb. Whosits is talking out of his behind.
Ive been aware of electronic tracking, but I was caught off guard by that article. There’s no doubt in my mind those rallies are being held for that reason. It explains why his word salads and slurred speech isn’t a consideration by his people as far as attention to it. It is only to use as much as time as possible, to collect as much data as possible.

Reactions: Clara007