The rich get richer and the poor get screwed - again

May 2018
Chicago
Nice accumulations of strawmen. Who in any of that was advocating taking profit out of business. Obscene profit for business and individuals is another thing.

I can't be bothered right now but there is a great analysis done by the IMF which very clearly states that the best outcomes are achieved by very progressive tax systems.

And in this case progressive isn't a synonym for liberal, it describes a tax system that much more aggressively taxes entities that are more wealthy.

Which has nothing to do with preventing profits.
That's what kills me, no one is talking about killing profits. It's about what's fair compensation for employees in balance with corporate profits. Those two things are very out of balance right now. CEOs are running away with golden parachutes for failing at their jobs. That's not OK because those failures result in job losses for others.

A Short History of Golden Parachutes

Anyone who argues these deals are OK, is a damn moron.

May 2018
Chicago
Just wait till the government takes over health care. They keep saying that they will drive the costs down.

Hell yes they will, just ask the veterans at the VA how they keep costs down. They save lots of money, don't they.
Ask any other developed, first world country how they do it. And then get it done. It's clearly not that hard, everyone else does it.

How Other Countries Achieve Universal Coverage

Just a recent example in my life: I had an appendectomy last year, no big deal, right? Wrong. I would consider myself solid middle to upper middle class. Even with insurance, I still had to pay $2000 out of pocket for an appendectomy. I also had to have oral surgery right after. Out of pocket was $4000 after insurance and believe me, this was an essential procedure. Now, I'm not sure what planet you live on, but that is far from affordable for most people. If you think those are reasonable out of pocket costs for things someone actually needs, you're insane. Our system is beyond messed up. An appendectomy is a minor procedure. I spent one night in the hospital. The total cost was over $40,000. Thank god I have insurance through my employer, and I have a decent salary.

But you think our health care system is great. Huh? What if I had cancer? How many $40,000 a night stays would that be? If my out of pocket stayed $2000 a night, I'd be bankrupt to the tune of over $60,000 in a month. Now, that would cost my insurance 1.2 million. How is that even remotely OK? Two months would double that cost. With that kind of money, you can send a kid to Harvard, just with the out of pocket alone.

Our system is unsustainable.

Last edited:
Apr 2013
La La Land North
And here is a clue for you, money that goes to the government often disappears. Take Social Security, for example. The money they take in they redistribute, but what is left over, they just take. That's called a Ponzi scheme. Where does it all go? And why are those roads and schools not getting built? Where is all of those trillions of dollars going? Are they going to wars over seas? Are they going to promote such things as abortion internationally? And why do politicians all live like multi-millionaires while making about a hundred thousand a year? Even AOC is rich now after making a deal with a corporation to make a movie about her life story. In the same breath, she rants against the rich corporate types? Really?

And where did all that stimulus money go that Obama spent? Did it all go where it was needed? If so, I would love to see a balance sheet, but no such sheet exists, does it.

No, we must simply trust them.

I think not.
The rich buy yachts from other countries, expensive cars from other countries and anything left over, they hide in offshore accounts. That money truly disappears.

The poor spend theirs in grocery stores, orif you're a cynic booze stores and so that money circulates.

Easy-peasy.

Apr 2013
La La Land North
Naturally, as with any corporation, the IMF seeks to empower themselves. So they spew propaganda about how they need to be empowered to "fix" everything.

No doubt, they want the personal job of collecting international taxes to create some sort of one world economic government.

You do realize, they are essentially a monopoly, much like the Fed.
So you also know nothing about the IMF I see.

Apr 2013
La La Land North
Ask any other developed, first world country how they do it. And then get it done. It's clearly not that hard, everyone else does it.

How Other Countries Achieve Universal Coverage

Just a recent example in my life: I had an appendectomy last year, no big deal, right? Wrong. I would consider myself solid middle to upper middle class. Even with insurance, I still had to pay $2000 out of pocket for an appendectomy. I also had to have oral surgery right after. Out of pocket was $4000 after insurance and believe me, this was an essential procedure. Now, I'm not sure what planet you live on, but that is far from affordable for most people. If you think those are reasonable out of pocket costs for things someone actually needs, you're insane. Our system is beyond messed up. An appendectomy is a minor procedure. I spent one night in the hospital. The total cost was over $40,000. Thank god I have insurance through my employer, and I have a decent salary.

But you think our health care system is great. Huh? What if I had cancer? How many $40,000 a night stays would that be? If my out of pocket stayed $2000 a night, I'd be bankrupt to the tune of over $60,000 in a month. Now, that would cost my insurance 1.2 million. How is that even remotely OK? Two months would double that cost. With that kind of money, you can send a kid to Harvard, just with the out of pocket alone.

Our system is unsustainable.
UNVACCINATED OREGON BOY CONTRACTS TETANUS, SPENDS TWO MONTHS IN HOSPITAL FOR OVER $800K IN MEDICAL TREATMENTS

Unvaccinated Oregon boy contracts tetanus, spends two months in hospital for over $800K in medical treatments

May 2018
Chicago
The rich buy yachts from other countries, expensive cars from other countries and anything left over, they hide in offshore accounts. That money truly disappears.

The poor spend theirs in grocery stores, orif you're a cynic booze stores and so that money circulates.

Easy-peasy.
Exactly. Money spent by poor folks stays in the economy. Tax money stays in the economy.

May 2018
Chicago
UNVACCINATED OREGON BOY CONTRACTS TETANUS, SPENDS TWO MONTHS IN HOSPITAL FOR OVER $800K IN MEDICAL TREATMENTS

Unvaccinated Oregon boy contracts tetanus, spends two months in hospital for over $800K in medical treatments
Yep, our system is broken. How can anyone afford that? That was clearly not his fault. Do we fault the parents? OK, but then what does that do for this boy? It makes his parents broke. So he is in a bad situation not of his making, but still in a terrible situation. We can blame the parents all we want, but for this kid, nothing changes. His parents have to file bankruptcy and we all pay for that. Healthcare in this country is a damn pyramid scheme, and its damn time we stopped it.

Capitalism and health care simply don't mix. Anyone who thinks it does, has not been paying attention.

And I will reiterate this one more time. I work in advertising. Capitalism is my bread and butter, literally. But it quite simply does not work for everything.

Last edited:
May 2018
Chicago

Yep, our system is broken. How can anyone afford that? That was clearly not his fault. Do we fault the parents? OK, but then what does that do for this boy? It makes his parents broke. So he is in a bad situation not of his making, but still in a terrible situation. We can blame the parents all we want, but for this kid, nothing changes. His parents have to file bankruptcy and we all pay for that. Healthcare in this country is a damn pyramid scheme, and its damn time we stopped it.

Capitalism and health care simply don't mix. Anyone who thinks it does, has not been paying attention.

And I will reiterate this one more time. I work in advertising. Capitalism is my bread and butter, literally. But it quite simply does not work for everything.

Trust me, I adore capitalism. I'd be broke otherwise. HOWEVER, it does not work with healthcare. People don't get more healthy as they age, they get sicker and eventually die. Health insurance is losing proposition from the get go. It makes no sense.

Any business wants to grow, yes? The way we do that is sell more product and sustain it. For example, I have a car that is quite brilliant. It stands the test of time. While it may not be the prettiest thing on the road, people buy it because it lasts. My car lives up to its expectations and becomes a long running brand. People buy it because it's good and stands the test of time. Insurance loves to cover your car because it's low risk.

Fantastic! You've built a good business.

People do not work the same way, obviously. There is not a company you can go to that makes the best people. People, unlike cars, are unpredictable. Any one of them could get diabetes, cancer or hell like me, appendicitis.

People are very risky. Actually, there is no way to predict want might happen with people. So, in my mind as a business person, the last thing I would ever want to do is think of people as a product. They're just going to let you down right?

So why would a business want to deal with people? Innovation. You get creativity and innovation from people. Massive value. Actually, you can't do without it. It's what got you here in the first place. But people break down, get sick and die. And that's expensive. You, as a business owner in the USA, have no option but to pay for these breakdowns, because no one else will.

Now, no other country you compete with has these costs, because they are covered in other countries by their governments. So your product is automatically more expensive just because of this. What do you do? Well, in order to be competitive, you are forced to move jobs into countries where you pay no health insurance.

But, that hurts your own country and their buying power because now, you have fewer people in your own country who can buy your product. Because jobs have left.

Now, if you're a smart country, you decide to play by everyone else's rules. Get universal health care for your country so your businesses can compete.

If you're stupid, you resist change. And right now, this country is stupid.

Or we can keep losing. GM just shut down a whole plant. Their excuse? People don't want cars anymore. They want SUVs. Well that strikes me as odd, because several car companies offer massive amounts of sedans, or cars and they sell. What is really happening is that people don't want GM sedans, because quite frankly, they suck. Why? Most likely because the company just can't deal with the human cost of health insurance and is forced to cut corners. As a result, the cars suck. And they do. Look at Consumer Reports. US cars are very low in their ratings. I was a Chrysler guy forever, but Audi lured me away. Why? Better cars! My Audi has had no issues for 5 years!

Folks, sticking to capitalist healthcare is killing us. Healthcare needs to be a shared tax based thing like the police and fire departments. We can no longer afford to do things like we have in the past.

If we want to stay competitive, then we need to adapt. Business needs to be business and not worried about health insurance.

Last edited:
Dec 2013
Beware of watermelons
Here's a clue for you- what happens to money that goes to the government? It goes straight back into the economy. It goes to pay salaries for government employees, and there are quite a few of them. It pays for infrastructure, the military and all kinds of other things. Those things benefit everyone. Even money provided for welfare goes straight back to the economy. Because what do welfare recipients do with that money? They spend it. No matter how you slice it, tax money goes back to the economy.

Let's contrast this with what happens when we give tax cuts to the upper 10%:

Kansas's ravaged economy a cautionary tale as Trump plans huge tax cuts for rich

BIg fuckin' OOPS. Job losses, service cuts, schools closing. Rich people are super happy and hoard their cash. They don't spend it. That's been true since Reagan started this garbage in the 80s and its getting worse. Kansas was supposed to be the right wing dream come true for tax cuts. Instead, its a nightmare.

Holy crap!!!!

Thank you so much for posting this. It explains a lot about leftists. I could have never imagined that something like this was actually a concept that people believed in so much that they could repeat it in a non mocking way.

I am going to save this and use it as an example of leftist economic theory.

Fantastic job.

Nov 2012
nirvana
Reminds me of a joke.

So three men apply for a job, a mathematician, an accountant, and an economist.

The interviewer's first question to the mathematician was, what is 2 + 2? The mathematician then pulls out a slide ruler and a chalk board and shows proof that it is equal to 4.

The accountant was next and asked the same question. He whips out a calculator and show the man that it is equal to 4. Easy peasy!

Then the economist enters and is asked the same question. The economist then looks around the room, under the desk, and draws the curtain and closes the window. He cozies up to the interviewer and whispers in his ear, "What would you like it to equal?"
The only joke is the Republican tax scam. Soon to be repealed. Then the rich and corporations can continue being rich. With nobody hating except the rich and corporations.

Amazing isn’t it? Live a life of luxury and hate.