The seven deadly sins

Mar 2019
USA
You are such a typical religious nutjob. You've been indoctrinated in the cult of Christianity. Forever filling you need for answers by flipping the next page of the gospels instead of looking for answers in science and facts.
That restless conscience always gets you guys angry, doesn't it? Tsk, tsk... But I'd probably be cranky, too, with nothing but hell to look forward to. You can run, but you can't hide.

Feb 2019
nunya
Detailed, fulfilled prophecy, hundreds of stunning, detailed prophecies fulfilled by the Lord Jesus at His first coming, alone, proves the God of the Bible, that there is One omniscient that knows the future that no man can possibly know. God demonstrated so and plainly said so, of this very proof,

Isaiah 46:9-10 Remember the former things of old: for I am God, and there is none else; I am God, and there is none like me, Declaring the end from the beginning, and from ancient times the things that are not yet done, saying, My counsel shall stand, and I will do all my pleasure:

That prophecy is, hands down, supernatural scripture proof in black and white. There is, in fact, a lot of proof, in other ways you would not dispute of somebody proving science, guilt or innocence in a court of law. It is a fact that you WILL reject any proof you are provided, immediately. You won't really even look at it. It's all over the web, and all you'll do is cover your eyes, cover your ears and make loud noises, should any truth leak into your brain that violates the unbelief you choose and insist upon. You love your evil, more than God, and He will not let you see. You're spritually dead, as a matter of fact.

The point is, nothing can be proven to you, as you can't come to God, other than by faith, that you may see. You're asking me to waste my time on you, an evil scoffer, the bottom line, but this is your problem. Again, you are one of these, 'If they do not hear Moses and the prophets, neither will they be persuaded though one rise from the dead.'
If there are so many prophecies then give me some that came true. God has NOT demonstrated that he exists in any shape or form. For proof you have a false book and a man wearing a turban and fake prophecies.

Go ask a scientist if that's proof of anything.

Feb 2019
nunya
That restless conscience always gets you guys angry, doesn't it? Tsk, tsk... But I'd probably be cranky, too, with nothing but hell to look forward to. You can run, but you can't hide.
If god is supposed to love all. Then why would he send people who are skeptical about him to burn for all eternity? Makes sense right?

Honestly, Christianity was designed to control people. The promises of salvation was appealing to middle age peasants, but now we are in the age of innovation. Not salvation. We are educated, gifted with a fortunate life in a peaceful world and we look to science instead of the scriptures.

When I hear people say that a horrible tragedy is "all part of gods plan" it makes me sick. What about the starving children in Yemen? Where is THEIR god?? What about the Holocaust? Isn't god supposed to love ALL???

Jul 2008
Virginia Beach, VA
The seven deadly sins

No matter if you are a religious person or not one must recognize that wisdom has been passed down thru the ages in the by religion. Take the ten commandments many of them are just good rules for a civilized society. The seven deadly sins are another great example of this.

The movie seven had an interesting take on realizing them.

Lets take a look at them.

People have always been immoral, shiftless, and self-gratifying. For ages, humankind struggled to find a conceptual system to operationalize their spiritual shortcomings.

Pride is excessive belief in one's own abilities, that interferes with the individual's recognition of the grace of God. It has been called the sin from which all others arise. Pride is also known as Vanity.

Envy is the desire for others' traits, status, abilities, or situation.

Gluttony is an inordinate desire to consume more than that which one requires.

Lust is an inordinate craving for the pleasures of the body.

Anger is manifested in the individual who spurns love and opts instead for fury. It is also known as Wrath.

Greed is the desire for material wealth or gain, ignoring the realm of the spiritual. It is also called Avarice or Covetousness.

Sloth is the avoidance of physical or spiritual work.

Seven Deadly Sins
Are you even cognizant of the fact that Trump is guilty of ALL of them? Not just guilty of them but embodies them?

Jul 2008
Virginia Beach, VA
If you require proof the bridge is washed-out up ahead, go ahead, tell me I'm full of it and mash on the accelerator. Guess it's simply bye bye. Actually, there is proof, but you will refuse the proof, man's spiritual blindness and believing what he wants to believe fatal to finding truth, nothing I can do to help you, either.

What follows is your condition, and you will refuse to believe, no matter what, hence God will not open your eyes. Bottom line, your problem is that you don't love God, you prefer your evil, cling to your evil, cling to the ways of death,

Luke 16:19-31 "There was a certain rich man who was clothed in purple and fine linen and fared sumptuously every day. But there was a certain beggar named Lazarus, full of sores, who was laid at his gate, desiring to be fed with the crumbs which fell from the rich man's table. Moreover the dogs came and licked his sores. So it was that the beggar died, and was carried by the angels to Abraham's bosom. The rich man also died and was buried. And being in torments in Hades, he lifted up his eyes and saw Abraham afar off, and Lazarus in his bosom.

"Then he cried and said, 'Father Abraham, have mercy on me, and send Lazarus that he may dip the tip of his finger in water and cool my tongue; for I am tormented in this flame.' But Abraham said, 'Son, remember that in your lifetime you received your good things, and likewise Lazarus evil things; but now he is comforted and you are tormented. And besides all this, between us and you there is a great gulf fixed, so that those who want to pass from here to you cannot, nor can those from there pass to us.'

"Then he said, 'I beg you therefore, father, that you would send him to my father's house, for I have five brothers, that he may testify to them, lest they also come to this place of torment.' Abraham said to him, 'They have Moses and the prophets; let them hear them.' And he said, 'No, father Abraham; but if one goes to them from the dead, they will repent.' But he said to him, 'If they do not hear Moses and the prophets, neither will they be persuaded though one rise from the dead.' "
Nope, there is no proof.
It's why it's called Christian FAITH.

If you have proof then you don't need faith.
If you rely on faith then you don't have proof.

Reactions: 47grapes
Mar 2019
USA
If there are so many prophecies then give me some that came true. God has NOT demonstrated that he exists in any shape or form. For proof you have a false book and a man wearing a turban and fake prophecies.

Go ask a scientist if that's proof of anything.
Yawn. Just give it a rest: you're only making a fool of yourself, to anybody that knows anything about the Bible, as to fulfilled prophecy, so in everybody's face, for thousands of years, now. Even a lot of Satanists wouldn't dispute that, rather believe the devil is going to win. (Lots of luck with that...) But you have forced me to provide such proof, here some links for you to ignore, then, that you're quite incapable of even studying:

Fulfilled Prophecy as Evidence for the Bible's Divine Origin: An Outline - Faith Facts

Prohecies of the Old Testament fulfilled in Jesus Christ

Odds of Christ Fulfilling Prophecy | Good News Dispatch

Messianic Prophecies Fulfilled by Jesus Christ

There. Now we're done, alright? No offense meant, but this is just as much a useless conversation, perhaps moreso, to me. Since you have no existential knowledge there is no God, that there is no hell, it's seems idiotic, in the extreme, for any mortal being to throw the dice on something like eternal hell, something guys like you won't really even investigate. That would seem what's nuts, to say the least. If I'm a nutjob, at least I'm sane enough not to be an enemy of my eternal Creator and Creator of the entire universe. (The Lord Jesus also prophesied what guys like you would say to us. Did you know that, you're being just what He prophesied you'd be?) But you never know, somebody else may study these links. Hope springs eternal.

Dec 2018
Wisconsin
Quick note to @47grapes @Nwolfe35 and @OrangeOrb

I don't want this thread to get sidetracked into another debate over the existence of a god, and yes I know I had a hand in that. The thread is about the 7 Deadly Sins and while I disagree with the principle of these sins, I think it's worth discussing.

Reactions: Sabcat
Mar 2019
USA
Nope, there is no proof.
It's why it's called Christian FAITH.

If you have proof then you don't need faith.
If you rely on faith then you don't have proof.
Hey, Nimrod. Long time, no see. You're wrong about faith, from the standpoint of blind faith. Christianity is far from blind faith. The Lord Jesus, Himself, proved quite openly His power, obviously knew that just lip service would get His mission nowhere. And even His enemies testified to His supernatural works, couldn't deny them, had to, quite pitifully, say He did His works by the power of the devil, then, and had to admit the tomb was, indeed, empty, payoff the soldiers with big money to tell a very silly lie, that the body was stolen. Much, much, at God's hand also occurred in the Old Testament. You have a planet riddled with evidence of a global flood, for instance. If we didn't have an empty tomb, I'd not be warning you of putting in a permanent change of address to the infernal regions.

Feb 2019
nunya
Yawn. Just give it a rest: you're only making a fool of yourself, to anybody that knows anything about the Bible, as to fulfilled prophecy, so in everybody's face, for thousands of years, now. Even a lot of Satanists wouldn't dispute that, rather believe the devil is going to win. (Lots of luck with that...) But you have forced me to provide such proof, here some links for you to ignore, then, that you're quite incapable of even studying:

Fulfilled Prophecy as Evidence for the Bible's Divine Origin: An Outline - Faith Facts

Prohecies of the Old Testament fulfilled in Jesus Christ

Odds of Christ Fulfilling Prophecy | Good News Dispatch

Messianic Prophecies Fulfilled by Jesus Christ

There. Now we're done, alright? No offense meant, but this is just as much a useless conversation, perhaps moreso, to me. Since you have no existential knowledge there is no God, that there is no hell, it's seems idiotic, in the extreme, for any mortal being to throw the dice on something like eternal hell, something guys like you won't really even investigate. That would seem what's nuts, to say the least. If I'm a nutjob, at least I'm sane enough not to be an enemy of my eternal Creator and Creator of the entire universe. (The Lord Jesus also prophesied what guys like you would say to us. Did you know that, you're being just what He prophesied you'd be?) But you never know, somebody else may study these links. Hope springs eternal.
How is it useless? This is a conversation about morals and science. It's only useless because you don't want to believe the truth.

There is no proof for your religion because it is based on FAITH. Not facts. If it was based on facts then everyone would believe it because that would be the truth. This is not facts. The so called prophecies you have provided are not fulfilled. they are merely made by more religious nut jobs made to make idiots like you feel better. Science has repeatedly proven the falsities of the bible.

Reactions: GluteusMaximus