The Story of Abraham sacrificing Isaac

imaginethat

Forum Staff
Oct 2010
Colorado
Causality exists only when there is time, which would mean that for all non-massive (force) particles causality doesn't exist because they move at the speed of light.
Yeah, sure, it's settled science. We've just a few more puzzle pieces left before we understand it all......

The full-on arrogance of a race with a little more than 200 years of starting to figure things out is astounding. It makes Galileo's inquisitors look like less than rank amateurs. :)

Dear friends, we've just barely parted the curtain on the secrets of the universe. We're still powering our civilization with the same technology that cave people used to keep warm.

o9ri34iskz.jpg

Mar 2019
New Hampshire
So the universe has to have a cause?
Where does that come from?
And if you want to say "The Universe was caused by God", what caused God?
We humans have a mental condition similar to old folks physical condition called "limited mobility." We don't know what caused God or where he came from. All we can do in out limitations is go by what we DO know, what we see, and what we DO understand.

God, the big guy, doesn't have a cause BECAUSE He is outside of space and time, no beginning and no end. So it's unreasonable for humans to reason the origin of God because that suggest God at some time came from somewhere. In our limitations as HUMANS, it's a question that's flawed because we are a product of the creator with limited powers and understanding, whereas the creator is NOT in the category of limitations, time, or space. That means that before there was anything as WE know it, there was something and God was there. John 1 says,

"In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God."

I disagree with most Christians who say the word "WORD" in John 1:1 is Jesus Christ. The WORD is "spoken word" or SPEECH, and SPEECH may be all there was in the beginning. SPEECH brought everything into existence.

"All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made."

"Before the mountains were brought forth, or ever thou hadst formed the earth and the world, even from everlasting to everlasting, thou art God."

He is without cause, uncreated, has no beginning and no end. So it's impossible for limited humans to understand. God creates, man discovers.

Nay but, O man, who art thou that repliest against God? Shall the thing formed say to him that formed it, Why hast thou made me thus?

Amazing - Hubble - Image - of - Spiral - Galaxy - NGC - 7331 - 777-581
Amazing-Hubble-Image-of-Spiral-Galaxy-NGC-7331-777x581.jpg

Jul 2014
massachusetts
We humans have a mental condition similar to old folks physical condition called "limited mobility." We don't know what caused God or where he came from. All we can do in out limitations is go by what we DO know, what we see, and what we DO understand.

God, the big guy, doesn't have a cause BECAUSE He is outside of space and time, no beginning and no end. So it's unreasonable for humans to reason the origin of God because that suggest God at some time came from somewhere. In our limitations as HUMANS, it's a question that's flawed because we are a product of the creator with limited powers and understanding, whereas the creator is NOT in the category of limitations, time, or space. That means that before there was anything as WE know it, there was something and God was there. John 1 says,

"In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God."

I disagree with most Christians who say the word "WORD" in John 1:1 is Jesus Christ. The WORD is "spoken word" or SPEECH, and SPEECH may be all there was in the beginning. SPEECH brought everything into existence.

"All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made."

"Before the mountains were brought forth, or ever thou hadst formed the earth and the world, even from everlasting to everlasting, thou art God."

He is without cause, uncreated, has no beginning and no end. So it's impossible for limited humans to understand. God creates, man discovers.

Nay but, O man, who art thou that repliest against God? Shall the thing formed say to him that formed it, Why hast thou made me thus?

View attachment 3244
What I am trying to say is that if the Universe has a cause it is a natural cause.
I do not feel the need to look to the supernatural for explanations of natural phenomena.

So "outside of space and time" is like Hogwarts, it's a nice story, but it really doesn't mean anything.

Nov 2012
Lebanon, TN
What I am trying to say is that if the Universe has a cause it is a natural cause.
I do not feel the need to look to the supernatural for explanations of natural phenomena.

So "outside of space and time" is like Hogwarts, it's a nice story, but it really doesn't mean anything.

So you are saying you have faith that the universe was a random event... not proof it was

Sounds like a religion to me, and your Messiah is Spenoza

Apr 2013
La La Land North

View attachment 3244
Exactly the same argument could be applied to the big bang.