The Story of Abraham sacrificing Isaac

Apr 2013
Left coast
It takes very little intelligence to make a burrito. It takes a little more to make the ingredients to make that burrito.
It takes supernatural intelligence to create a galaxy.
No, all it takes is the material that came from the big bang and the laws of physics.

Mar 2019
New Hampshire
You will never convince me that any gods exist.
Worse yet, you will never convince yourself...that is why you rely on faith.
It doesn't take much faith for me to believe that life is a product of a creator who brought all life into being. It take a mind to make a cotter pin. It took a mind to make the wheel. It takes a mind to make a burrito. It takes a mind to make critters invisible to the human eye like a paramecium. It takes a mind to make an ocean with millions of species in fish etc. It takes a mind to make a galaxy. When God made man, some of them became fools.

Paul said, "Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools."

Solomon said,

The fear of the LORD is the beginning of knowledge: but fools despise wisdom and instruction.

The wise shall inherit glory: but shame shall be the promotion of fools.

A prudent man concealeth knowledge: but the heart of fools proclaimeth foolishness.

Last edited:
Apr 2013
Left coast
The question is flawed. God has no beginning so that means He was not made. As opposed to most Christians, I reject trinity and believe Jesus had a beginning.
That's the beauty of invoking a supernatural being. You can then ascribe any and all characteristics needed to support your positions without evidence.

Oct 2010
Colorado
You will never convince me that any gods exist.
Worse yet, you will never convince yourself...that is why you rely on faith.
That's the point I've been making.

Then may we do away with the claim that you would believe in a god if you were shown compelling evidence?

Mar 2019
New Hampshire
That's the beauty of invoking a supernatural being. You can then ascribe any and all characteristics needed to support your positions without evidence.
The evidence is all around you but you reject it. Do you think those two eye balls in your head are the result of bird shit landing on a pile of rotten apples? Do you think that brain in your head just acquired consciousness from all the weed you smoked as a brain dead teenager?

Jul 2008
Virginia Beach, VA
That's the point I've been making.

Then may we do away with the claim that you would believe in a god if you were shown compelling evidence?
Read very closely what I said.

DUDLEY will never convince me that a god exists...that is a far cry from saying I will never be convinced.