The Theory of Evolution

Oct 2010
Colorado
It may be that even the probability ideas that make quantum physics work are still not completely correct. We make the assumptions of movement possibility through solid objects could happen based on the probabilities implied by quantum mechanics, but maybe that whole concept is not yet quite right and the incorrectness just is more obvious at the macro level. With my feet on the coffee table I am having a hard time believing that the table is mostly space right now... and then there is the whole issue of time... trying to visualize all the stuff with my mind which cannot grasp simple things like curved space or expanding universes is almost futile.
Indeed, the probability ideas that make quantum physics work are without doubt not completely correct. As I'm sure you're aware, two of our most fabulous theories - quantum theory and relativity - resist all attempts at reconciliation. And, the deeper we get into the nature of the spacetime beast, the less testable the theories become, some theories essentially needing or at least benefitting from having a point of reference that's outside of our universe

That's a trip, huh? Outside the universe.

Oct 2010
Colorado
You may understand your statement, I don't. I know the units that speed is expressed in. Time is one part of that. And that really complicates things.
If time ceases to progress normally, from right now into the future, aging our bodies in the process, once our bodies, and minds, reach the speed of light, then we must have "caught up" with the speed of the passage of time.

Hell I know it's esoteric. How about this: Time is like a river flowing at the speed of light. We are like rocks in the river. The water passes us by at the speed of light. However, if we get in our kayaks, and head down the river at the speed of light, the water no longer passes us by. We're moving with it.

When we're going the speed of light, time no longer passes us by.

Apr 2014
Heart of America
How's this?

The speed of the passage of time is the speed of light.
There's a relation to the speed of light and time, but all are part of our Universe's natural laws. Once we go outside of those parameters, there's no reason to think the rules remain the same.