The truth about Trump's claimed victory over Mexico

Jul 2014
massachusetts
What do you mean "fine"? Its not fine that people are streaming over the border.
To fix that problem, something has to be done in the countries that these people are fleeing.
Trump reduced aid to those countries, that just makes things worse.

Nov 2012
Lebanon, TN
No, They agreed to take action, and were not keeping the Agreement.

NOW THEY ARE ACTING UPON THAT AGREEMENT.

OOPs, noonereal cannot see the Forest because there at Trees in the way

Kind of like the NATO nations that agreed to pay X% of their GDP toward defense in the NATO treaty..

They were not doing it. Until, Wait Trump go them to HONOR the agreement and take action and pay their agreed funding.

Jul 2015
chicago
laws are fine but...
What do you mean "fine"? Its not fine that people are streaming over the border.
To fix that problem, something has to be done in the countries that these people are fleeing.
I do not think we need to be giving aid to any countries. If we do or don't either way the USA is not responsible for a country that has a terrible government.

Last edited:

imaginethat

Forum Staff
Oct 2010
Colorado
It does make things worse, but it shouldn't. I mean, the countries with unlivable conditions for peace-loving people, Guatemala, Honduras, and El Salvador, the so-called Northern Triangle, are the root of the refugee influx. Each is run by governments with Uncle Sam's bloody fingerprints all over 'em.

Each exists at our pleasure. We should have more focus on nearby events. Cut your aid? We'll cut you loose from the cool little job you have of managing, and doin' it in style, the affairs of a third world country. We'll cut your throats if necessary.

Jul 2014
massachusetts
I do not think we need to be giving aid to any countries. If we do or don't either way the USA is not responsible for a country that has a terrible government.
Not even if the United States overthrew the elected government and replaced it with a dictatorship?

Jul 2018
Trump World! Where the circus is always in town.
No, They agreed to take action, and were not keeping the Agreement.

NOW THEY ARE ACTING UPON THAT AGREEMENT.

OOPs, noonereal cannot see the Forest because there at Trees in the way

Kind of like the NATO nations that agreed to pay X% of their GDP toward defense in the NATO treaty..

They were not doing it. Until, Wait Trump go them to HONOR the agreement and take action and pay their agreed funding.
Let me explain something to you.

WE, the USA, is constantly adjusting and changing agreements. All countries constantly are.

What is different today is that Trump makes a Hollywood production of everything he does.

He is so ignorant and so full of himself he may well believe he is doing a lot and that they are all great things,.

Every 10 year old I have even know has thought the same things.

Dec 2015
Arizona
From Bloomberg Close today:
If countries keep calling Trump's bluff, as Mexico has done, there's a chance he may start burning things down just to prove a point, Timothy L. O'Brien writes in Bloomberg Opinion. The only thing he got from the tariff stunt was another round of abundant attention. Trump isn't playing chess, he's playing with fire. "Trying to govern by threat and blunt force isn't really governing at all."