The uniqueness of Christ

Jul 2018
Earth
He denied him, something he swore he would never do.

And yes, that was a betrayal, granted, not on the scale of Judas.
Judas's betrayal illustrates Matthew 10:36 (TLB) = "36 a man’s worst enemies will be right in his own home!"

Who was Jesus's greatest enemy? Whose actions cost Jesus his life? It was Judas. Jesus' brother Simon was Judas's father. Jesus was Judas's uncle.

Peter's denial was an illustration of Matthew 5:33-37 (NKJV) =
"Jesus Forbids Oaths
33 “Again you have heard that it was said to those of[a]old, ‘You shall not swear falsely, but shall perform your oaths to the Lord.’34 But I say to you,do not swear at all: neither by heaven, for it is God’s throne; 35 nor by the earth, for it is His footstool; nor by Jerusalem, for it is the city of the great King. 36 Nor shall you swear by your head, because you cannot make one hair white or black. 37 But let[b]your ‘Yes’ be ‘Yes,’ and your ‘No,’ ‘No.’ For whatever is more than these is from the evil one."

Jul 2018
Earth
Sure he did, you just were not listening.

John 14:6
Jesus answered, "I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.
In John 18:38 when Pilate asked Jesus what the truth was Jesus refused to answer.

John 18:38 (NLV) = "Pilate said to Jesus, “What is truth?” After Pilate said this, he went out again to the Jews. He said, “I do not find Him guilty."

Mar 2019
New Hampshire
In John 18:38 when Pilate asked Jesus what the truth was Jesus refused to answer.

John 18:38 (NLV) = "Pilate said to Jesus, “What is truth?” After Pilate said this, he went out again to the Jews. He said, “I do not find Him guilty."
In verse 37 Pilate said, "Art thou a king then?" Jesus replied, "Thou sayest that I am a king." To this end was I born, and for this cause came I into the world, that I should bear witness unto the truth. Every one that is of the truth heareth my voice."

In verse 38, the reason Jesus didn't answer Pilate is because Pilate was walking out while he said it. He saw that Jesus wasn't a threat to him so he just broke off the conversation and dismissed what Jesus previously said and went to the Jews and said, "I find in him no fault at all."

It's not that Jesus didn't answer, it was that Pilate wasn't even interested.

Sep 2015
Stage Left
i think about Jesus often. for real. i was brought up Catholic, but it always amazed me that people who believed in Jesus and his teachings would then just use his name to do unspeakable things to other people.

the very opposite of what Jesus would do, if you believe the Bible.

so yeah, i think about Jesus and wonder how tf supposed followers of his can hurt so many other people in this country.

Mar 2019
New Hampshire
i think about Jesus often. for real. i was brought up Catholic, but it always amazed me that people who believed in Jesus and his teachings would then just use his name to do unspeakable things to other people.

so yeah, i think about Jesus and wonder how tf supposed followers of his can hurt so many other people in this country.
I can admit the followers of Jesus can suck. The difference between Christians that suck and people who aren't Christians that suck is we believe in forgiveness by him who never condemned those of us who suck.

Jesus answered and said unto them, This is the work of God, that ye believe on him whom he hath sent.

Last edited:
Nov 2012
Lebanon, TN
You do realize that there are no eyewitness accounts of Jesus.

If that is the case why did the Governor of Roman Provence Palestine write this letter (same Governor that executed Christ.)

http://theancientbridge.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/12/his_letter.pdf

...Among the various rumors that came to my ears there was one in particular that attracted my attention. A young man, it was said, appeared in Galiee preaching with a noble unction a new law in the name of God who had sent him. At first I was apprehensive that his design was to stir up the people against the Romans, but my fears were soon dispelled. Jesus of Nazareth spoke rather as a friend of the Romans than of the Jews. One day in passing by the place of Siloe, where
there was a great concourse of people, I observed in the midst of the group a young man who was leaning against a tree, calmly addressing the multitude. I was told it was Jesus. This I could easily have suspected, so great was the difference between him and those listening to him. His golden-colored hair and beard gave him the appearance of a celestial aspect. He appeared to be about thirty years old. Never have I seen a sweeter or more serene countenance. What a Contrast between him and his hearers, with their black beards and tawny completion!
Unwilling to interrupt him by my presence, I continued to walk, but signified to my secretary to join the group and listen. My secretary's name is Manlius. He is the grandson of the chief of the conspirators who encamped in Eturia waiting for Cataline. Manlius had been for a long time an inhabitant of Judea, and is well acquainted with the Hebrew language. He was devoted to me, and worthy of my confidence. On entering the Praetorium I found Manlius, who related to me the words Jesus had pronounced at Siloe. Never have I read in the works of the philosophers anything that can compare to the maxims of Jesus. One of the rebellious Jews, so numerous in Jerusalem, having asked Jesus if it was lawful to give tribute to Caesar, he replied: "Render unto Caesar the things that belong to Caesar, and unto God the things that are God's."... ... ...

It seemed to me that if the Jewish theory be true, these conclusions are correct, for they are in accord with this man's life, as is known and testified by both friends and foes, for the elements were no more in his hands than the clay in the hands of the potter. He could convert water into wine; he could change death into life, disease into health; he could calm the seas, still the storms, call up fish with a silver coin in its mouth. Now, I say if he could do all these things, which he did and many more, as the Jews all testify, and it was doing these things that created this enmity against him-- he was not charged with criminal offenses, nor was he charged with violating any law, nor of wronging any individual in person, and all these facts are known to thousands, as well by his foes as by his friends--I am almost ready to say, as did Manlius at the cross: "Truly this was the Son of God."
Now noble Sovereign, this is as near the facts in the case as I can arrive at, and I have taken pains to make the statement very full, so that you may judge of my conduct upon the whole, as I hear Antipater has said many hard things of me in this matter. With the promise of faithfulness and good wishes to my noble Sovereign.
I am your obedient servant.
Pontius Pilate

This Governor later became a Christian and lived the rest of his days in Provence of Gaul

there is your eye witness

Oct 2010
Colorado

Yes.

The truth is: "another Gospel" has driven the the Catholic, Orthodox, and daughter churches since 325 CE.

Council of Nicaea, also called First Council of Nicaea, (325), the first ecumenical council of the Christian church, meeting in ancient Nicaea (now İznik, Turkey). It was called by the emperor Constantine I, an unbaptized catechumen, who presided over the opening session and took part in the discussions. He hoped a general council of the church would solve the problem created in the Eastern church by Arianism, a heresy first proposed by Arius of Alexandria that affirmed that Christ is not divine but a created being. Pope Sylvester I did not attend the council but was represented by legates.​

Council of Nicaea | Definition & Facts

A non-christian Roman warrior/emperor midwifed the birth of Catholicism/Orthodoxy. Let that sink in....

Rather than preach and hold themselves, governments and people accountable to this teaching, the churches provide "rationales" for ignoring it. The words are as radical today as they were more than 2,000 years ago:

“You have heard that it was said, ‘An eye for an eye and a tooth for a tooth.’ But I tell you not to resist an evil person. But whoever slaps you on your right cheek, turn the other to him also. If anyone wants to sue you and take away your tunic, let him have your cloak also....
“You have heard that it was said, ‘You shall love your neighbor and hate your enemy.’ But I say to you, love your enemies, bless those who curse you, do good to those who hate you, and pray for those who spitefully use you and persecute you, that you may be sons of your Father in heaven; for He makes His sun rise on the evil and on the good, and sends rain on the just and on the unjust...."

Right there in those words is the uniqueness of Christ, the uniqueness that is summarily dismissed by the majority of the Christian churches and by the majority of Christians. I have no doubt whatsoever that if Jesus were to walk the earth today, bitterly criticizing the churches that have taken his name and which have allied themselves with Mammon and temporal government, he would again be crucified.

He was too radical for the majority back then, and he's too radical for the majority right now.