The uniqueness of Christ

Jul 2008
Virginia Beach, VA
Thanks. ( questioned it when it said Jesus) Jesus' real name was Joshua Bar Joseph, or known as Joshua of Nazareth) Jesus would be the Latan/Greek name for him.
And yet you went ahead and posted it even though you had some doubts about it’s authenticity.

Mar 2019
New Hampshire
So we are back to my original statement, we have no eyewitness accounts of Jesus.
_____________-
And yet you went ahead and posted it even though you had some doubts about it’s authenticity.
If there were no eyewitness testimony to Jesus' ministry, his miracles, his crucifixion, OR his resurrection, then we wouldn't have records that documented his existence! So it's NOT that there are no eyewitnesses, it's that you refuse to accept them.

Luke 1:1-4 says,
"Many have undertaken to draw up an account of the things that have been fulfilled among us, just as they were handed down to us by those who from the first were eyewitnesses and servants of the word. Therefore, since I myself have carefully investigated everything from the beginning, it seemed good also to me to write an orderly account for you, most excellent Theophilus, so that you may know the certainty of the things you have been taught."

Peter said, "We did not follow cleverly invented stories when we told you about the power and coming of our Lord Jesus Christ, but we were eyewitnesses of his majesty."

John said,

That which was from the beginning, which we have heard, which we have seen with our eyes, which we have looked at and our hands have touched—this we proclaim concerning the Word of life. The life appeared; we have seen it and testify to it, and we proclaim to you the eternal life, which was with the Father and has appeared to us. We proclaim to you what we have seen and heard, so that you also may have fellowship with us. And our fellowship is with the Father and with his Son, Jesus Christ (1 John 1:1-4 ).

But, my guess is you're looking for NON BIBLICAL/NON-CHRISTIAN SOURCES.

Jul 2008
Virginia Beach, VA
If there were no eyewitness testimony to Jesus' ministry, his miracles, his crucifixion, OR his resurrection, then we wouldn't have records that documented his existence! So it's NOT that there are no eyewitnesses, it's that you refuse to accept them.

Luke 1:1-4 says,
"Many have undertaken to draw up an account of the things that have been fulfilled among us, just as they were handed down to us by those who from the first were eyewitnesses and servants of the word. Therefore, since I myself have carefully investigated everything from the beginning, it seemed good also to me to write an orderly account for you, most excellent Theophilus, so that you may know the certainty of the things you have been taught."

Peter said, "We did not follow cleverly invented stories when we told you about the power and coming of our Lord Jesus Christ, but we were eyewitnesses of his majesty."

John said,

That which was from the beginning, which we have heard, which we have seen with our eyes, which we have looked at and our hands have touched—this we proclaim concerning the Word of life. The life appeared; we have seen it and testify to it, and we proclaim to you the eternal life, which was with the Father and has appeared to us. We proclaim to you what we have seen and heard, so that you also may have fellowship with us. And our fellowship is with the Father and with his Son, Jesus Christ (1 John 1:1-4 ).

But, my guess is you're looking for NON BIBLICAL/NON-CHRISTIAN SOURCES.
We have stories about Sherlock Holmes but no eyewitness accounts since he didn't exist.

Apr 2013
La La Land North
Sherlock Holmes is a fictional private detective created by British author Sir Arthur Conan Doyle. I bet you've got social issues.
Jesus is a fictional messiah created by person or persons unknown a long, long time ago. But I have more class than to end my post by insulting you, like you did to Nwolfe.

Sep 2015
Brown Township, Ohio
Jesus is a fictional messiah created by person or persons unknown a long, long time ago. But I have more class than to end my post by insulting you, like you did to Nwolfe.
King David has been proved because a stone with his name on it was found in a pile of ancient rubble. Jesus descended from the House of David so written in The Bible.

Jul 2008
Virginia Beach, VA
Sherlock Holmes is a fictional private detective created by British author Sir Arthur Conan Doyle. I bet you've got social issues.
So what evidence do you have that Jesus was not a fictional character? As I have already pointed out none of the writings we have about Jesus are first hand accounts.

We have writings about Odysseus does that make him a real person? We have writings about King Arthur, does that make him a real person? We have writings about Gilgamesh, does that make him real?

Mar 2019
New Hampshire
So what evidence do you have that Jesus was not a fictional character? As I have already pointed out none of the writings we have about Jesus are first hand accounts.

We have writings about Odysseus does that make him a real person? We have writings about King Arthur, does that make him a real person? We have writings about Gilgamesh, does that make him real?
Of course they're first hand accounts. You just refuse to acknowledge them. Do you think everybody lied about him? There's plenty of evidence that Pilate existed. Do you think the account of Jesus being interrogated in front of Pilate was a hoax?

Mar 2013
Middle Tennessee

I have long said the Romans were down right fanatical about keeping records. We know this because we have so many of them. We know Pilate was governor of Judea at the time because there's a record of him. IF Jesus had in fact been executed, it would have been for political reasons. Surely someone, some where, would have mentioned such an execution in a report to Rome ??

The oldest know biblical texts weren't written until 60 to 80 years after Jesus supposedly walked the planet. Meaning any "eye witness" that might have been interviewed would have been at their youngest in their 70s and oldest in their 90s at a time when the average life expectancy was less than 50 years ?