The uniqueness of Christ

Jul 2008
Virginia Beach, VA
Of course they're first hand accounts. You just refuse to acknowledge them. Do you think everybody lied about him? There's plenty of evidence that Pilate existed. Do you think the account of Jesus being interrogated in front of Pilate was a hoax?
NO ONE acknowledges them as first hand accounts, except for those that don’t know any better. The names associated with the gospels are just tradition, we have no idea who wrote them.
There’s is plenty of evidence that Queen Victoria existed, just because she is mentioned in the Sherlock Holmes stories doesn’t make Holmes a real person.

And even IF Jesus were a real person we have no evidence that his life was as it is portrayed in the Bible and no evidence of any of the supernatural claims about him.

Dec 2018
Wisconsin
NO ONE acknowledges them as first hand accounts, except for those that don’t know any better. The names associated with the gospels are just tradition, we have no idea who wrote them.
There’s is plenty of evidence that Queen Victoria existed, just because she is mentioned in the Sherlock Holmes stories doesn’t make Holmes a real person.

And even IF Jesus were a real person we have no evidence that his life was as it is portrayed in the Bible and no evidence of any of the supernatural claims about him.
Spider-Man takes place in New York City. NYC is a real place. Therefore Spider-Man is real.
#logic

Sep 2015
Brown Township, Ohio
So what evidence do you have that Jesus was not a fictional character? As I have already pointed out none of the writings we have about Jesus are first hand accounts.

We have writings about Odysseus does that make him a real person? We have writings about King Arthur, does that make him a real person? We have writings about Gilgamesh, does that make him real?
A stone with Arthur on it has been found and dates to 5th Century when Rome left in a hurry.

Jul 2014
massachusetts
Of course they're first hand accounts. You just refuse to acknowledge them. Do you think everybody lied about him? There's plenty of evidence that Pilate existed. Do you think the account of Jesus being interrogated in front of Pilate was a hoax?
I don't everybody lied, I think Jesus may have been real, he may have been crucified.
Somebody told that story, to somebody who told that story, to someone who told that story, somewhere along the line, some added the coming back from the dead, and that was a big seller, people liked that version better than the humble who got killed by the Romans. In the telling and the retelling story tellers puffed up story, adding raising people from the dead, curing the blind, cleansing the lepers, a little at time.
Until after a hundred years or so, someone wrote it down.
Someone who had never seen Jesus, or met an apostle, or saw a miracle, he was just writing down what he was told.

Sep 2015
Brown Township, Ohio
I don't everybody lied, I think Jesus may have been real, he may have been crucified.
Somebody told that story, to somebody who told that story, to someone who told that story, somewhere along the line, some added the coming back from the dead, and that was a big seller, people liked that version better than the humble who got killed by the Romans. In the telling and the retelling story tellers puffed up story, adding raising people from the dead, curing the blind, cleansing the lepers, a little at time.
Until after a hundred years or so, someone wrote it down.
Someone who had never seen Jesus, or met an apostle, or saw a miracle, he was just writing down what he was told.
Passed down by word of mouth is not evidence but put it in writing is evidence. Hammurabi's Code is evidence because it was carved in stone and still exists today, however in cuneiform.