the wall

Nov 2012
Lebanon, TN
I'll tell you what I'm in favor of. Prosecuting employers who use illegal immigrants for work. They are the reason people cross the border anyway. If people can't get work, they won't cross the border.

So, prosecute employers or not? Its a simple yes or no question. But you won't ever say that, will you?

I am in favor of prosecuting both, the illegal immigrant for violation of Federal Law Immigration law, and the Employer for Violation of Federal immigration law. Both Violated sections of the same law.

Feb 2007
New York
When I think of every post office and every immigration office and every other federal office I have ever been in I see a very high percentage of black workers in them. Since the population of the USA is about 14% black it is clear that these federal offices are way beyond reflective of national average. I also know that the black population by great majority votes Democrat. It is only logical that the federal offices are therefore majority Democrat.
THAT is a pretty impressive level of ignorant.

Allow me to enlighten you:

The percentage of minorities in the Federal Workforce increased by 0.4 percent to 35.3 percent in FY 2014 from 34.9 percent in FY 2013, which is notably greater than the percentage of the Civilian Labor Force that is comprised by minorities (32.5 percent). The Federal Workforce is 18.1 percent Black, 8.4 percent Hispanic, 5.6 percent Asian, 0.4 percent Native Hawaiian/Pacific Islander, 1.7 percent American Indian/Alaska Native, 1.2 percent Non-Hispanic/Multi-Racial, and 64.7 percent White. Minorities as a whole constituted 35.3 percent of the Federal Workforce.

Read the rest:
Demographics of Federal Workforce Summarized

Nov 2018
Montana
Every time Trump discusses the wall, the characteristics, funding, length, and value anticipated changes making it essentially impossible to sort out the rational basis for his request, what he has planned, and what benefit it might provide.

Furthermore, I would like to hear from Trumpists why this wall funding issue was not resolved when Republicans had control of the House.

Apr 2013
Left coast
THAT is a pretty impressive level of ignorant.

Allow me to enlighten you:

The percentage of minorities in the Federal Workforce increased by 0.4 percent to 35.3 percent in FY 2014 from 34.9 percent in FY 2013, which is notably greater than the percentage of the Civilian Labor Force that is comprised by minorities (32.5 percent). The Federal Workforce is 18.1 percent Black, 8.4 percent Hispanic, 5.6 percent Asian, 0.4 percent Native Hawaiian/Pacific Islander, 1.7 percent American Indian/Alaska Native, 1.2 percent Non-Hispanic/Multi-Racial, and 64.7 percent White. Minorities as a whole constituted 35.3 percent of the Federal Workforce.

Read the rest:
Demographics of Federal Workforce Summarized
Presenting facts to a Trumpanzee? May as well try teaching your cat to sing.

Apr 2013
Left coast
Every time Trump discusses the wall, the characteristics, funding, length, and value anticipated changes making it essentially impossible to sort out the rational basis for his request, what he has planned, and what benefit it might provide.

Furthermore, I would like to hear from Trumpists why this wall funding issue was not resolved when Republicans had control of the House.
The last estimate from Trump is that the cost of not having the wall is $500 Billion a year. At this rate, but next week it will be a Trillion. May as well wait a few more months and the country will be saving itself a Gazillion and a half at least.

Jun 2018
South Dakota
The last estimate from Trump is that the cost of not having the wall is $500 Billion a year. At this rate, but next week it will be a Trillion. May as well wait a few more months and the country will be saving itself a Gazillion and a half at least.
If we keep letting illegals into the country those inflations you posited might just be true.
BUILD THE WALL

Nov 2018
Montana
If we keep letting illegals into the country those inflations you posited might just be true.
BUILD THE WALL
Surely you have some evidence for what the wall as proposed by the Equivocating Clown would actually accomplish in specific numbers. Please share with us.
Or, do you just support whatever Trump says and do not have any independent thought on the matter?

If the wall is not build, do you support a moat with alligators or flaming oil as a reasonable substitute? How about a minefield?
How do you plan to resolve the objections by landowners along the border who will lose land or access to their land?
Finally, you do know that the Rio Grande meanders and the southern border is somewhat ambiguous in places, right?
Any thoughts you have about the effect on wildlife migration in the desert lands along the border?

Nov 2018
Montana
Yes thanks for that. So the Federal workforce is 4% higher in black population than the % in US population Thank you for bolstering my point.
How do you define fairness in economic and employment opportunities?
If one focuses too much on some particular "percent", that will never really bring fairness to the American system. Discrimination is not eliminated by targeting a specific fractional representation every day, every year, in every profession. If racism is ever eliminated there will be times and occupations when this or that racial group has a representation that is sometimes in the majority or sometimes in the minority.

As an example, in my public professional school when I trained there were only about 20 % women; now there are 70% women. Next year, it might be 40% women.
Fairness is not about equality of representation so much as equal opportunity. Until there are times when new students or employees include HIGH fractions of black or brown or whatever race, we will not be assured that racism has been reduced. It cannot be eliminated by a snapshot of one point in time.