the wall

May 2018
Chicago
Dusty!!! Glad to see you are well!

No...he won't run out of money for the wall. It won't "just" be a wall, either. High-tech surveillance is going in along with it. That's all going to listen for tunnelling...use drones from the air...and, adding many more agents...and, border posts.

Do not underestimate this man, either. Mexico will end up paying for it, as well.
There will be no wall. This is not post war Germany, no matter how much you would like it to be.

Nov 2018
Montana
No what is wrong is you trying to make a discussion about demographics into a discussion of it being racist. Its just demographics no matter how hard you guys try to make it something else. Its all on you guys.
"Denial is not a river in Egypt..."

Dec 2015
Arizona
So here's where we stand: Pelosi and Schumer pushed a bill to reopen parts of the government. McConnell blocked it.

"In a testy back-and-forth exchange on the Senate floor, Senate Democrats, including Senate Minority Leader Chuck Schumer, called for the Senate to take up legislation advanced by House Democrats to reopen shuttered parts of the federal government and argued that parts of the federal government not related to the border wall should be reopened immediately as negotiations continue over the border wall.
McConnell objected to the move, saying that "political stunts are not going to get us anywhere."

Remind me: Who has the best interest of the American people at heart?

Jul 2015
chicago
So here's where we stand: Pelosi and Schumer pushed a bill to reopen parts of the government. McConnell blocked it.

"In a testy back-and-forth exchange on the Senate floor, Senate Democrats, including Senate Minority Leader Chuck Schumer, called for the Senate to take up legislation advanced by House Democrats to reopen shuttered parts of the federal government and argued that parts of the federal government not related to the border wall should be reopened immediately as negotiations continue over the border wall.
McConnell objected to the move, saying that "political stunts are not going to get us anywhere."

Remind me: Who has the best interest of the American people at heart?
Trump has the best interest of the American people at heart. Pelosi and Schumer are only interested in playing political word games. Saying they want a "digital wall" and saying they want it at the ports of entry. Its a joke scam they are trying to pull off. They longer this goes on, the more disingenuous they look. They have no integrity and it is being revealed.
I am impressed with Trump and even with the Republicans in Congress. If they stick to their point I think they will end up with a deal on the wall.

Dec 2015
Arizona
Trump has the best interest of the American people at heart. Pelosi and Schumer are only interested in playing political word games. Saying they want a "digital wall" and saying they want it at the ports of entry. Its a joke scam they are trying to pull off. They longer this goes on, the more disingenuous they look. They have no integrity and it is being revealed.
I am impressed with Trump and even with the Republicans in Congress. If they stick to their point I think they will end up with a deal on the wall.

Yeah. Right. Why don't you hold your breath on that deal? We'll tell you when to stop.

Nov 2018
Montana
Trumpists have been proven incapable of objective rational reasoning as they invariably cannot answer very basic questions about the Donnie Wall:

(edited) You conservative guys really love to talk around the issue and never can answer the central questions:
Why didn't Trump become hysterical when he had a House majority over the last two years?
How many transgressors are going to be blocked from remote areas of the border?
Why were there far more border issues during Obama and no demand by conservatives for a wall at that time?
How is a wall going to address existing residing aliens who do not have documents?
Where and how long exactly is the wall and what will it cost?
Why is Mexico NOT paying for this wall, as promised?
Why is there a "border emergency" now, when transgressions/apprehensions are actually at a twenty year low?
see: The Stats on Border Apprehensions - FactCheck.org
Odds are, no Trumpist will be able to offer any persuasive answer to even a single one of these questions...

Feb 2007
New York
Yes thanks for that. So the Federal workforce is 4% higher in black population than the % in US population Thank you for bolstering my point.
Here is the exact wording of your point:

Since the population of the USA is about 14% black it is clear that these federal offices are way beyond reflective of national average

4% is way beyond? Really?

A quick check of the census quick facts page shows that America is approximately 60% non-Hispanic Caucasian. The percentage of Federal workers that are white is 64.7. Does that mean that white people in federal government are way beyond the national average?

Nov 2018
Montana
Here is the exact wording of your point:

Since the population of the USA is about 14% black it is clear that these federal offices are way beyond reflective of national average

4% is way beyond? Really?

A quick check of the census quick facts page shows that America is approximately 60% non-Hispanic Caucasian. The percentage of Federal workers that are white is 64.7. Does that mean that white people in federal government are way beyond the national average?
justoneman denies he brought up or contributed to a racial composition in hiring discussion in this thread dealing with the wall.....

Nov 2012
Rhondda
The extraordinary fact about this whole discussion is that so vast a sum of money (think what it could do for poor people) should be wasted on the election hopes of such a grotesque buffoon.