the wall

Nov 2018
Montana
The extraordinary fact about this whole discussion is that so vast a sum of money (think what it could do for poor people) should be wasted on the election hopes of such a grotesque buffoon.
No one ever went broke underestimating the intelligence of the Republican voter (apologies to H.L. Mencken).

Dec 2015
Arizona
Sad news. It turns out the veteran Brian Kolfage's GO FUND ME WALL account is kaput. Toast. Defunct. :(

GoFundMe said on Friday it will refund over $20 million in donations to a campaign started by veteran Brian Kolfage last year after he changed course on where the money would be donated. The campaign earned a massive amount of attention -- and just as many donations.

Kolfage started the campaign on Dec. 16 and touted it as a way to raise money to build a wall along the southern border as Trump struggled to secure the necessary $5 billion he was targeting in a spending bill. The government has now been shut down for a record 22 days over the impasse between the president and the Democrat-controlled House of Representatives.

"Eight days before Christmas I started this GoFundMe campaign because I was tired of watching the U.S. government’s inability to secure our southern border," Kolfage wrote on the campaign's page Friday. "Like most Americans, I see the porous southern border as a national security threat and I refuse to allow our broken political system to leave my family and my country vulnerable to attack."

The switch broke GoFundMe's donation rules and prompted the refund offer.

"There was a change in the use of funds," Bobby Whithorne, director of North America Communications for GoFundMe, told ABC News in a statement. "When the campaign was created, the campaign organizer specifically stated on the campaign page, 'If we don't reach our goal or come significantly close we will refund every single penny.' He also stated on the campaign page, '100% of your donations will go to the Trump Wall. If for ANY reason we don't reach our goal we will refund your donation.'

However, that did not happen," the statement continued. "This means all donors will receive a refund. If a donor does not want a refund, and they want their donation to go to the new organization, they must proactively elect to redirect their donation to that organization. If they do not take that step, they will automatically receive a full refund."

Veteran's border wall fundraiser falls apart as GoFundMe says $20M will be refunded

Nov 2018
Montana
You hold your breath on blocking border security. We are getting constant news on illegals murdering people while you stand on the side of illegal border crossing.
"constant news"... really? You have not bothered to learn about the source of crime in the US. If you did, you would learn that native Americans are far more likely to commit crimes than either legal OR undocumented immigrants. Perhaps the "constant news" is being beamed directly into your head through your dental fillings?? Time for that tin-foil hat!!

Jul 2015
chicago
The extraordinary fact about this whole discussion is that so vast a sum of money (think what it could do for poor people) should be wasted on the election hopes of such a grotesque buffoon.
The extraordinary fact is that the wall is such a small sum to pay for border security. When the wall is built it will stop 100s of thousands of illegals from coming into the country at all so they cannot hide in the shadows here causing economic strife here. Think of the billions it could save for Americans.

Jul 2015
chicago
"constant news"... really? You have not bothered to learn about the source of crime in the US. If you did, you would learn that native Americans are far more likely to commit crimes than either legal OR undocumented immigrants. Perhaps the "constant news" is being beamed directly into your head through your dental fillings?? Time for that tin-foil hat!!
Yes really.. We do not need to ADD illegal immigrants crimes into the mix here.

Nov 2018
Montana
You should be concerned with the far greater crime by native-born Americans if you are really concerned with crime. Of course, if you are more concerned with reinforcing your xenophobia and irrational fears, then you should definitely concentrate on one of the least criminal groups.

Jul 2015
chicago
You should be concerned with the far greater crime by native-born Americans if you are really concerned with crime. Of course, if you are more concerned with reinforcing your xenophobia and irrational fears, then you should definitely concentrate on one of the least criminal groups.
Xenophobia. Again with this crap..

native born people belong here.. Illegal aliens don't.. We do not need to support illegal aliens with our tax dollars to the tune of billions and billions of dollars every year and we do not need their violent crimes..

Jul 2018
Trump World! Where the circus is always in town.
Xenophobia. Again with this crap..

native born people belong here.. Illegal aliens don't.. We do not need to support illegal aliens with our tax dollars to the tune of billions and billions of dollars every year and we do not need their violent crimes..
since most illegals are vista say overs, like Trump's wife was, why don't we go after them? How does a wall stop them?
And, why are we so afraid of hem?