Then Along Came Ron Johnson

Dec 2015
Arizona
Wild-eyed Senator Ron Johnson is desperate to help the president. Instead, he’s confirmed a lot of what the whistle-blower said—and made Biden look good.
Let me refresh your memory.
Ron Johnson: GOP Senator from Wisconsin, Chair of Homeland and Governmental Affairs Committee. YES! That's the one. Just keep that in mind when you read what RON had to say yesterday on Meet the Press, which became Melt Down City & Chuck Todd playing clean-up.

In August, a US diplomat told Johnson, the chairman of the Senate Committee on Homeland Security and Governmental Affairs, that the Trump administration was blocking $400 million in military aid to Ukraine as part of a scheme to pressure Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelensky to launch the political investigations that the US president was demanding.
“At that suggestion, I winced,” Johnson told The Wall Street Journal. “My reaction was: Oh, God. I don’t want to see those two things combined.” After he was done wincing, Johnson called Trump.
“He said, ‘Expletive deleted—No way. I would never do that. Who told you that?’”
(Heh Heh)
Enter the text messages--The ones that provided a link between Mr. Trump’s July decision to hold up the aid to Ukraine and his interest in Kyiv’s launching new probes.
As the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel noted in its report on Johnson’s comments, “Johnson made clear that he was aware of allegations Trump was withholding aid to Ukraine for political reasons weeks before the public knew of the accusation." UGH.

But Johnson played the "MUTE" and OOPS---here came the whistleblower. DANG
So then.........
Todd confronted Johnson on whether or not he believes former Trump campaign chief Paul Manafort was framed and if the Russians interfered in the 2016 election to benefit Trump. After saying he doesn’t think Manafort was framed and the Russian “absolutely” meddled in the election, Johnson pivoted back to supposed Ukrainian involvement during the 2016 campaign.
“There are a lot of unanswered questions,” the senator exclaimed. “Chuck, I just want the truth. The American people want the truth.”

“So do you not trust the FBI? Do you not trust the CIA?” Todd wondered, causing Johnson to yell back: “No, no, I don’t. Absolutely not. After Peter Strzok and Lisa Page, after James Comey?!”

After Johnson said he didn’t trust anyone from the Obama administration, Todd asked him if he trusted the organizations now.
“No, I didn’t trust them back then,” Johnson replied before listing off a series of former officials who have become favorite targets of the president's supporters.

Reminder: Johnson is the CHAIR *CHAIR* of Homeland Security and Governmental Affairs. Key word: Security.

GOP Sen. Ron Johnson Loses It on ‘Meet the Press’: I Do Not Trust the FBI or CIA
The Wisconsin Senator Who Keeps Making Things Worse for Trump

Jul 2019
Georgia
well now I understand why Ron Johnson's acting the way he is

he was part of the "irregular" channel to Ukraine, including Perry, Volker, Sondland and Giuliani

from Taylor's opening statement.

taylor 3.PNG

Dec 2015
Arizona
What a bunch of dirtbags.
AND here's another update from one week ago:

Mr. Johnson said he learned of the potential arrangement involving military aid through a phone call with Mr. [Gordon] Sondland that occurred the day before Mr. Johnson spoke to Mr. Trump. Under the arrangement, Mr. Johnson said Mr. Sondland told him, Ukraine would appoint a strong prosecutor general and move to “get to the bottom of what happened in 2016 — if President Trump has that confidence, then he’ll release the military spending,” recounted Mr. Johnson.
“At that suggestion, I winced,” Mr. Johnson said. “My reaction was: Oh, God. I don’t want to see those two things combined.”
Mulvaney seems to be drawing a line between the money being withheld for that reason and there actually being an explicit request in which the money would be released in exchange for x.
But that first part, whether you define it as a quid pro quo or not, does not seem to be in doubt. Mulvaney admitted it, Johnson admitted it, and apparently, Sondland has also confirmed it to Johnson.

Mulvaney, Johnson and SONDLAND.

Dec 2018
Indiana
Not only is Johnson a Trump suck up, but rumor has it he worships money. If this is his last term, good riddance to bad rubbish.

Reactions: Clara007 and se7en
Nov 2012
nirvana
Wild-eyed Senator Ron Johnson is desperate to help the president. Instead, he’s confirmed a lot of what the whistle-blower said—and made Biden look good.
Let me refresh your memory.

Ron Johnson: GOP Senator from Wisconsin, Chair of Homeland and Governmental Affairs Committee. YES! That's the one. Just keep that in mind when you read what RON had to say yesterday on Meet the Press, which became Melt Down City & Chuck Todd playing clean-up.

In August, a US diplomat told Johnson, the chairman of the Senate Committee on Homeland Security and Governmental Affairs, that the Trump administration was blocking $400 million in military aid to Ukraine as part of a scheme to pressure Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelensky to launch the political investigations that the US president was demanding.
“At that suggestion, I winced,” Johnson told The Wall Street Journal. “My reaction was: Oh, God. I don’t want to see those two things combined.” After he was done wincing, Johnson called Trump.
“He said, ‘Expletive deleted—No way. I would never do that. Who told you that?’”
(Heh Heh)
Enter the text messages--The ones that provided a link between Mr. Trump’s July decision to hold up the aid to Ukraine and his interest in Kyiv’s launching new probes.
As the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel noted in its report on Johnson’s comments, “Johnson made clear that he was aware of allegations Trump was withholding aid to Ukraine for political reasons weeks before the public knew of the accusation." UGH.

But Johnson played the "MUTE" and OOPS---here came the whistleblower. DANG
So then.........
Todd confronted Johnson on whether or not he believes former Trump campaign chief Paul Manafort was framed and if the Russians interfered in the 2016 election to benefit Trump. After saying he doesn’t think Manafort was framed and the Russian “absolutely” meddled in the election, Johnson pivoted back to supposed Ukrainian involvement during the 2016 campaign.
“There are a lot of unanswered questions,” the senator exclaimed. “Chuck, I just want the truth. The American people want the truth.”

“So do you not trust the FBI? Do you not trust the CIA?” Todd wondered, causing Johnson to yell back: “No, no, I don’t. Absolutely not. After Peter Strzok and Lisa Page, after James Comey?!”After Johnson said he didn’t trust anyone from the Obama administration, Todd asked him if he trusted the organizations now.
“No, I didn’t trust them back then,” Johnson replied before listing off a series of former officials who have become favorite targets of the president's supporters.

Reminder: Johnson is the CHAIR *CHAIR* of Homeland Security and Governmental Affairs. Key word: Security.

GOP Sen. Ron Johnson Loses It on ‘Meet the Press’: I Do Not Trust the FBI or CIA
The Wisconsin Senator Who Keeps Making Things Worse for Trump
Amazing isn't it. He's asking the country he claims to be corrupt, to start an investigation on corruption.

And if he doesn't go to jail for corruption, along with Rick Perry, who was over there making a nice 50 year oil drilling deal on land owned by the Ukraine government, who just happened to resign when the impeachment inquiry started.

A good guess would be so both of them can go get lobbying jobs on K Street.

Oh, and one last thing. Remember why they wanted to indict Hillary?

Well it just so happens that phone call that was overheard, in a public restaurant, on an unsecured phone, by Ambassador Sondland, that will be testifying this week?

The cell companies over there are owned by Russian interests. I'm sure they didn't hear a word of it.

Reactions: Clara007 and se7en