There Ain't No Galdurned Climate Change! Dagnabit!

Nov 2012
Lebanon, TN
Completely false, many republicans do not believe in climate change at all. Including Donald Trump.
View attachment 4493

That is false.. l why do you remove MAN MADE from the their discussion on Climate Change.

You do know the Current Global Warming Cycle began ~10-11,000 years ago.... 90% of the Warming was Before 1881, (the hoax mongers are trying to tell you that the warming was due to man and the industrial revolution and use of Fossil Fuels. I don't think that UG the Cave man drove a SUV.

Plus they fail to tell you that the 4 previous warming period were WARMER 400,000 eyars ago 300,000 years ago, 200,000 years ago, and 100,000 years ago..

(Notice a pattern in the warming? ~every 100,000 years there is a major Warming period..

Do they also forget to tell you that 7 of the last 10 warming periods (over the last 800,000 years) were warmer than the current warming period?

This warming period is Natural and due to the ~100,000 year frequency cycle. So if mankind has done anything with the cycle it would be cooling the earth, not warming. Since this warming period is the coolest in 600,000 years.

Reactions: webguy4
Feb 2019
nunya
That is false.. l why do you remove MAN MADE from the their discussion on Climate Change.

You do know the Current Global Warming Cycle began ~10-11,000 years ago.... 90% of the Warming was Before 1881, (the hoax mongers are trying to tell you that the warming was due to man and the industrial revolution and use of Fossil Fuels. I don't think that UG the Cave man drove a SUV.

Plus they fail to tell you that the 4 previous warming period were WARMER 400,000 eyars ago 300,000 years ago, 200,000 years ago, and 100,000 years ago..

(Notice a pattern in the warming? ~every 100,000 years there is a major Warming period..

Do they also forget to tell you that 7 of the last 10 warming periods (over the last 800,000 years) were warmer than the current warming period?

This warming period is Natural and due to the ~100,000 year frequency cycle. So if mankind has done anything with the cycle it would be cooling the earth, not warming. Since this warming period is the coolest in 600,000 years.
Your "90% of the warming" is completely false. You are most likely referring to this chart.

As you can see, the earth was warm, yes, before us. But it is spiking like never before.

The "warming periods" you speak of were also around the time of major mass extinctions. So I don't know what you mean by that.

Currently, this is the highest carbon level that has ever happened on earth. So there is no way that we have seen any other periods of warming quite as severe as this one. That point you made was completely false.

I don't know how we could be "cooling" the earth when we have the highest co2 levels than ever before now. This spike is unnatural, manmade, and not what nature intended.

Dec 2015
Arizona

REPUBLICANS HAVE NO PLAN TO ACT ON CLIMATE CHANGE BECAUSE THEY REFUSE TO ADMIT CLIMATE CHANGE IS REAL.

Then-Candidate Donald Trump: “I’m not a believer in global warming. And I’m not a believer in man-made global warming. It could be warming, and it’s going to start to cool at some point.” [Hugh Hewitt, 9/21/15]

Donald Trump: “Well, it’s a hoax. I think the scientists are having a lot of fun.” [Fox News, 1/6/14]

Republican Leader Mitch McConnell (R-KY): “While lamenting how the Environmental Protection Agency has threatened the coal industry, McConnell on Friday said he doesn't believe in man-made climate change. He said in the 1970s, people feared an ice age was imminent. ‘For everybody who thinks it's warming, I can find somebody who thinks it isn't,’.” [Cincinnati Enquirer, 3/7/14]

Republican Leader Mitch McConnell (R-KY): “And he refused to say whether he believes humans are causing global warming, instead bashing the Obama policies to control carbon pollution from power plants. ‘Each side has their scientists, and they can all go in and argue,’ he said.” [Politico, 8/20/14]

Environment and Public Works Committee Chairman John Barrasso (R-WY): “The climate is constantly changing. The role human activity plays is not known.” [The Hill, 6/5/14]

Former Environment and Public Works Committee Chairman Sen. Jim Inhofe (R-OK): “Wake up, America. With all the hysteria, all the fear, all the phony science, could it be that manmade global warming is the greatest hoax ever perpetrated on the American people? I believe it is.” [Floor Remarks, 7/28/03]

Commerce, Science, and Transportation Committee Chairman Roger Wicker (R-MS): “First, there is a weak scientific basis for the cap and trade approach. Science shows that there is an increase of carbon dioxide in Earth’s atmosphere. But it has not been compellingly proven that mankind is responsible for the rise in atmospheric CO2, nor is it clear what impact CO2 has on Earth’s temperatures.” [Press Release, 12/14/09]

Then-Rep. Roy Blunt (R-MO): “There isn’t any real science to say we are altering the climate path of the earth.” [Human Events, 4/29/09]

Then-Rep. John Boozman (R-AR): “question is what’s causing it. Is man causing it, or, you know, is this a cycle that happens throughout the years, throughout the ages. And you can look back some of the previous times when there was no industrialization, you had these different ages, ice ages, and things warming and things. That’s the question.” [KTHV via ThinkProgress, 3/10/10]

Then-Candidate Kevin Cramer (R-ND): “We know the globe is cooling. Number one, we know that. So the idea that CO2 is somehow causing global warming is on its face fraudulent.” [KNOX via Hill Heat, 2/4/12]

Then-Candidate Joni Ernst (R-IA): “I don’t know the science behind climate change. I can’t say one way or another what is the direct impact, whether it’s man-made or not.” [KCCI, 9/28/14]

Then-Candidate Deb Fischer (R-NE): “Asked about man-made climate change, Fischer immediately said, ‘I certainly don't support cap-and-trade.’ She said she believes in weather change, but she said she does not believe man has a huge impact on the climate.” [Grand Island Independent, 8/25/12]

Then-Rep. Cory Gardner (R-CO): “I believe climate is changing, but I disagree to the extent that’s been in the news that man is changing—.” [MSNBC, 10/8/14]

You want more, TN??

Feb 2007
USA

...and, as I have asked over and over and over, the supposed "natural" mechanism or mechanisms driving the current warming is/are...?

But alas, I suppose you will just move on once again, and over and over and over, as if nothing ever happened.

:rolleyes:

Jul 2008
Virginia Beach, VA
...and, as I have asked over and over and over, the supposed "natural" mechanism or mechanisms driving the current warming is/are...?

But alas, I suppose you will just move on once again, and over and over and over, as if nothing ever happened.

:rolleyes:
There are natural warming cycles. This is part of the equilibrium that is our climate. The production of green house gases by nature and the removal of green house gases by nature have been in this cycle for thousands of years. Green house gases increase creating climate that grows more plants that remove green house gases (that’s why they are called green house gases, the climate acts like a green house where you grow plants) until green house gases grown less killing plants that remove green house gases until the climate warms etc. etc. etc.

What has changed is that humans are now putting MORE green house gases into the atmosphere and REDUCING the natural green house gas removers through deforestation. The amount of GHG we are adding may be small compared to natural sources but it is enough to throw the equilibrium that has been in place for hundreds of thousands of years out of whack.

TN has been shown this at least 30 times. So he is is either too stupid to understand, too arrogant to admit he was wrong or too partisan to disagree with the GOP.

Reactions: leekohler2
Feb 2007
USA
There are natural warming cycles. This is part of the equilibrium that is our climate. The production of green house gases by nature and the removal of green house gases by nature have been in this cycle for thousands of years. Green house gases increase creating climate that grows more plants that remove green house gases (that’s why they are called green house gases, the climate acts like a green house where you grow plants) until green house gases grown less killing plants that remove green house gases until the climate warms etc. etc. etc.

What has changed is that humans are now putting MORE green house gases into the atmosphere and REDUCING the natural green house gas removers through deforestation. The amount of GHG we are adding may be small compared to natural sources but it is enough to throw the equilibrium that has been in place for hundreds of thousands of years out of whack.

TN has been shown this at least 30 times. So he is is either too stupid to understand, too arrogant to admit he was wrong or too partisan to disagree with the GOP.
TN appears to be like a scratched vinyl record which endlessly repeats the same statements, over and over and over, when said record is played.

And, in the case of his claim I replied to, he seems to believe that Earth's climate somehow acts like a weight in motion that is attached to a spring...but without pointing out any forcing which drives that weight's motion.

And, if one discounts any sort of belief in a deity being somehow that forcing, there is always some mechanism or mechanisms driving that weight's motion...as well as the Earth's climate.

Always.

Last edited:

imaginethat

Forum Staff
Oct 2010
Colorado
Your "90% of the warming" is completely false. You are most likely referring to this chart.

As you can see, the earth was warm, yes, before us. But it is spiking like never before.

The "warming periods" you speak of were also around the time of major mass extinctions. So I don't know what you mean by that.

Currently, this is the highest carbon level that has ever happened on earth. So there is no way that we have seen any other periods of warming quite as severe as this one. That point you made was completely false.

I don't know how we could be "cooling" the earth when we have the highest co2 levels than ever before now. This spike is unnatural, manmade, and not what nature intended.
Accuracy is important in the climate debate, mainly because the AGW deniers' arguments have virtually none of it.

CO2 levels on earth have been substantially higher in earth's past. Please take take a look here:

https://skepticalscience.com/print.php?r=77t

Phanerozoic_CO2.jpg

Do past CO2 levels of 5000-8000 ppm blow a hole in the argument that the current warming is being driven by human-released fossil carbon? Absolutely not. That fact underscores the reality that many factors interplay to determine the earth's climate. During some of the past peaks of atmospheric CO2 the earth experienced widespread glaciation .... because solar output was lower than it is today.

However, during some of the past CO2 peaks, life earth's tropical zone was hostile to life.

The current CO2 levels are the highest they've been in several millions of years. Many of the factors that influence the climate, like the sun's current slight drop in output, point to a cooling climate, but that's not being observed. A sharp rise in CO2 is being observed, and global temperatures are rising, especially in the Arctic.

And humans releasing fossil carbon are responsible.