There are no exceptions for cases of rape or incest

Oct 2010
Colorado
Docs can get 99 years in prison.

Alabama Lawmakers Pass Bill
Banning Nearly All Abortions
The Alabama Senate passed a bill Tuesday evening to ban nearly all abortions. The state House had already overwhelmingly approved the legislation. It's part of a broader anti-abortion strategy to prompt the U.S. Supreme Court to reconsider the right to abortion.​
It would be one of the most restrictive abortion bans in the United States. The bill would make it a crime for doctors to perform abortions at any stage of a pregnancy, unless a woman's life is threatened or in case of a lethal fetal anomaly.​
The vote was 25-6, with one abstention.​
Doctors in the state would face felony jail time up to 99 years if convicted. But a woman would not be held criminally liable for having an abortion.​

More: Alabama Lawmakers Pass Bill Banning Nearly All Abortions

May 2018
Chicago
Not sure why you posted this. You would certainly never do anything about it if you had to. Maybe if we're just nicer to the right wing, they'll stop. Right?

Let's see, how far has being "nice" got us? So far, it's gotten trans folks ejected from the military, religious people being able to deny virtually anyone they don't like medical treatment, and now this too.

But you are fine with all of it, just to keep the peace, yes or no? I'm wondering just how far the right has to go . Do you have line in the sand, do you at some point stand up and say No More? Or is there no line they can cross? It seems to me to be the latter.

I took a break the last few days from this place, but nothing changes.

I NEVER thought I would see women put in this position. Never. This is disgusting and vile. It's not in any way acceptable. But this post has been up for several hours, and not one person has said a damn thing until me.

That says to me a few things:

First of all, no one really seems concerned about civil rights in this forum.

Second of all, no one cares about our female membership in this forum.

That makes me sick.

It's all well and good to say you give a shit about minorities and such, but BS walks. And the lack of response to this thread speaks volumes.

Fucking pathetic.

And no, I'm not talking about violence. How many of you are willing to get off your asses and protest? How many of you can take a few minutes out of your day to write your congressperson? How many of you are willing to confront family members?

Trust me, I talk about shit like this with my family, and they're almost all conservative.

Last edited:
Oct 2010
Colorado
This is a shot at Roe vs. Wade, make no mistake.

Could abortion become illegal in America?
All signs point to yes
On Tuesday night, the Republican-controlled state senate in Alabama voted to effectively ban abortion at every stage of a pregnancy, including in cases of rape or incest. The legislation would ensure that doctors who perform abortions could face up to 99 years in prison.​
...Rather than pursuing the sort of incremental strategy that anti-abortion activists have favored in the past – such as banning abortions late in pregnancy, or attempting to gradually regulate abortion clinics out of existence with increasingly burdensome regulations – these newer laws are written to prohibit virtually all abortions in the state.​
Fetal cardiac activity can be detected beginning at about six weeks of pregnancy, before many women know they’re pregnant. By banning all abortions after that point, “heartbeat” bans, if they take effect, would stop all but a very small percentage of abortions.​
... these laws put pro-choice advocates in a dilemma. They have no choice but to sue if they want to protect abortion access, even early in abortion. And they are likely to win, at least initially. But anti-abortion lawyers will continue to press their cases on appeal and hope to end up before a US supreme court friendly to their cause, with the result that Roe v Wade is overruled.​
Is this a realistic possibility? All signs point to “yes.”​

More: Could abortion become illegal in America? All signs point to yes | B Jessie Hill

Dec 2015
Arizona

All signs point to yes
On Tuesday night, the Republican-controlled state senate in Alabama voted to effectively ban abortion at every stage of a pregnancy, including in cases of rape or incest. The legislation would ensure that doctors who perform abortions could face up to 99 years in prison.​
...Rather than pursuing the sort of incremental strategy that anti-abortion activists have favored in the past – such as banning abortions late in pregnancy, or attempting to gradually regulate abortion clinics out of existence with increasingly burdensome regulations – these newer laws are written to prohibit virtually all abortions in the state.​
Fetal cardiac activity can be detected beginning at about six weeks of pregnancy, before many women know they’re pregnant. By banning all abortions after that point, “heartbeat” bans, if they take effect, would stop all but a very small percentage of abortions.​
... these laws put pro-choice advocates in a dilemma. They have no choice but to sue if they want to protect abortion access, even early in abortion. And they are likely to win, at least initially. But anti-abortion lawyers will continue to press their cases on appeal and hope to end up before a US supreme court friendly to their cause, with the result that Roe v Wade is overruled.​

More: Could abortion become illegal in America? All signs point to yes | B Jessie Hill

I'll refer you to the thread called "Well it has started. The Dark Ages of America...."

Mar 2019
Texas
Let's see, how far has being "nice" got us? So far, it's gotten trans folks ejected from the military, religious people being able to deny virtually anyone they don't like medical treatment, and now this too.
Yea that is not making much sense. The dsm labeled gender dysphoria as a mental illness. That is why such can not openly serve. It had little to do with republicans but more to do with doctors. I am not aware of them being ejected but givin a choice to receive care. Religious people can not deny anyone they want for medical treatment but laws already on the books are now being enforced to allow some doctors with a conscious objection to refrain from just a few things like abortion. Nothing at all about someone not being healed if possible. This here is just an attempt to move the bar when such is taken to the scotus. We all know it is unconstitutional but the problem is that we have lowered that bar too in favor of gun control and weed.

Nov 2013
NM

All signs point to yes
...​

I don't see the SC overruling Roe. The court has allowed the states a lot of interference lately with the spirit of Roe, requiring doctors to have admitting privileges @ nearby hospitals, physical layout requirements that are expensive &/or difficult, requirements above & beyond other free-standing surgical centers, & on & on. The SC may tire of having to deal with all those cases (or ignore them, always a possibility), & definitively rule one way or the other what conditions states can impose upon surgical centers, including abortion.

The Roe holding is based upon previous holdings on privacy & family issues of conception, contraception & related. If the GOP is so much for freedom from government intrusion, Why do they want to intrude in the most intimate of human relationships? To overturn Roe, the SC would have to find excellent reasons in US law - which is where the original holding came from & is based upon.

I don't think it's going to happen.

May 2018
Chicago
I don't see the SC overruling Roe. The court has allowed the states a lot of interference lately with the spirit of Roe, requiring doctors to have admitting privileges @ nearby hospitals, physical layout requirements that are expensive &/or difficult, requirements above & beyond other free-standing surgical centers, & on & on. The SC may tire of having to deal with all those cases (or ignore them, always a possibility), & definitively rule one way or the other what conditions states can impose upon surgical centers, including abortion.

The Roe holding is based upon previous holdings on privacy & family issues of conception, contraception & related. If the GOP is so much for freedom from government intrusion, Why do they want to intrude in the most intimate of human relationships? To overturn Roe, the SC would have to find excellent reasons in US law - which is where the original holding came from & is based upon.

I don't think it's going to happen.
Then you’re missing why right wingers voted for Trump. Look who he’s put on the courts.

Nov 2012
Lebanon, TN
Docs can get 99 years in prison.

Alabama Lawmakers Pass Bill
Banning Nearly All Abortions
The Alabama Senate passed a bill Tuesday evening to ban nearly all abortions. The state House had already overwhelmingly approved the legislation. It's part of a broader anti-abortion strategy to prompt the U.S. Supreme Court to reconsider the right to abortion.​
It would be one of the most restrictive abortion bans in the United States. The bill would make it a crime for doctors to perform abortions at any stage of a pregnancy, unless a woman's life is threatened or in case of a lethal fetal anomaly.​
The vote was 25-6, with one abstention.​
Doctors in the state would face felony jail time up to 99 years if convicted. But a woman would not be held criminally liable for having an abortion.​

More: Alabama Lawmakers Pass Bill Banning Nearly All Abortions

so if your father or mother robbed a bank YOU should go to prison right.

so so the gospel according to IT is kill the child for the actions of the mother or father?