There is No Defending Late-term Abortion

Nov 2018
Montana
I disagree. I, as someone who is pro-choice, believe men has a say in the matter (maybe not as much a say as women).

Let's look at an example. Let's say my wife and I are trying to have a kid. After 3 years of trying, we finally get pregnant. Then three months into the pregnancy, she comes home and tells me she had an abortion without telling me. Now she certainly had the right to do so. But should I have had a say in the matter?
No. Her body, her decision.

Apr 2013
Left coast
Then we disagree. Just for context, in this scenario do you believe I would have the right to be upset?
I'm not talking as a legal expert or constitutional expert but my belief is that you have the full right to be upset. Just as you have the full right to say you are upset.

However you do not have the right to enforce your beliefs on others. Quite simple really.

And always keep in mind that as in all cases, there can be consequences caused by what you said.

Nov 2005
California
Some people are against abortion because they think that women will be "saved" by having rug-rats.
1 Timothy 2:15 (CEV) = But women will be saved by having children, if they stay faithful, loving, holy, and modest.
Verse out of context..
People CLAIMING something is out of context but then failing to explain what that context actually is shows a sleazy cop-out.

one positive thing about the March for Life.. it was a massive youth movement... I have said many times in a decade or 2 maybe 3, Abortion will be viewed in the same light as slavery is viewed today.
March for Life started its annual recurrence in 1974.
The 2018 attendance was estimated at ~ 200,000.
There are about 127 million people under the age of 30. 82 million under the age of 20.
You are reading an AWFUL LOT into the presence of a very small percentage presence...

Among adults under age 30, 63% say abortion should be legal in all or most cases, as do a majority of adults in their 30s and 40s (59%). More than half of those in their 50s and early 60s (56%) and those ages 65 and older (57%) say the same.​
Public Opinion on Abortion
https://news.gallup.com/poll/235652/young-adults-remain-supportive-abortion-rights.aspx

Mar 2013
Middle Tennessee
People CLAIMING something is out of context but then failing to explain what that context actually is shows a sleazy cop-out.

March for Life started its annual recurrence in 1974.
The 2018 attendance was estimated at ~ 200,000.
There are about 127 million people under the age of 30. 82 million under the age of 20.
You are reading an AWFUL LOT into the presence of a very small percentage presence...

Among adults under age 30, 63% say abortion should be legal in all or most cases, as do a majority of adults in their 30s and 40s (59%). More than half of those in their 50s and early 60s (56%) and those ages 65 and older (57%) say the same.​
Public Opinion on Abortion
Young Adults Remain Most Supportive of Abortion Rights

THE most important line in the poll is the one where it asks if it should be "illegal in all situations". It's less than 20%. It has been less than 20% almost every year since the ruling. There were a couple of years where it rose into the low 20% range.

Bottom line, 80% of the people in this nation do not want abortion outlawed. So why are so many of our politicians so hell bent and determined to do something the vast majority of us DO NOT WANT DONE ????

Dec 2018
Wisconsin
I'm not talking as a legal expert or constitutional expert but my belief is that you have the full right to be upset. Just as you have the full right to say you are upset.

However you do not have the right to enforce your beliefs on others. Quite simple really.

And always keep in mind that as in all cases, there can be consequences caused by what you said.
Of course. We don’t agree but I don’t think we’re about to throw stone at one another. Keeping civil. Trying to at least.

Nov 2018
Montana
Then we disagree. Just for context, in this scenario do you believe I would have the right to be upset?
I don't really know what you mean by "right"? Are you entitled to some ownership interest in the body of another person, even your wife? NO

A person in a woman's life has no legal, or even cultural, entitlement to sex, children, housework, childcare, food preparation, back rubs or front rubs in Western societies. All of this performance expectation reflects the ancient concepts of a woman as a property to serve the male in just so many ways that promote the species or his well-being. Would you love your wife less if she could not perform reproduction, did not know how to cook, or could not perform all the other tasks?
On the other hand, if failure to perform does reduce your love, then my point is proven-- she has failed to achieve her expected output.

If you understand that a female is not a tool, then you would not expect her to carry out tasks solely to serve your expectations.