This Country Is Tearing Apart At The Very Seams

RNG

Forum Staff
Apr 2013
La La Land North
My fixes would be to intensify the libel laws, greatly inhibit lobbying and overturn Citizens United. That would make issuing lies hurt and decrease the power money has on government.

Dec 2015
Arizona
You cannot argue that things would be the same were Clinton elected. Come on, Clara.
Oh you are so cute....you don't think I can drum up an argument on just about anything?? Silly!

If Clinton had won, the GOP would have impeached her by now---the zealous Christians would be burning crosses--the Tea Party would be in Boston Harbor again and Bill would probably have another 22 yr old mistress and lots of purple pills.
I've rarely seen hatred like the hatred for the Clintons and that's been going on for decades.

May 2018
none
Oh you are so cute....you don't think I can drum up an argument on just about anything?? Silly!

If Clinton had won, the GOP would have impeached her by now---the zealous Christians would be burning crosses--the Tea Party would be in Boston Harbor again and Bill would probably have another 22 yr old mistress and lots of purple pills.
I've rarely seen hatred like the hatred for the Clintons and that's been going on for decades.
This would not have happened. You cannot argue that it would have:

Tell me that would have happened under Clinton. You can't. Things would not have been the same at all. I realize this does not affect you, so maybe you don't see it the same way I do.

Dec 2015
Arizona
This would not have happened. You cannot argue that it would have:

Tell me that would have happened under Clinton. You can't. Things would not have been the same at all. I realize this does not affect you, so maybe you don't see it the same way I do.
Of course this affects me. Are you under the impression that I don't have LGBTQ members in my family? Come on, Lee. I know you aren't that self-involved. I have two gay cousins, a transgender niece, any number of friends and students who I dearly love who are gay. I worked in theater, performing arts and visual arts for decades--so YES! This affects me deeply.
It affects every family and it probably would NOT have happened on Clinton's watch, but I was speaking generally---not specifically about "THE COUNTRY"---not groups within the country.
There wouldn't be enough bandwidth to address each one.

May 2018
none
Of course this affects me. Are you under the impression that I don't have LGBTQ members in my family? Come on, Lee. I know you aren't that self-involved. I have two gay cousins, a transgender niece, any number of friends and students who I dearly love who are gay. I worked in theater, performing arts and visual arts for decades--so YES! This affects me deeply.
It affects every family and it probably would NOT have happened on Clinton's watch, but I was speaking generally---not specifically about "THE COUNTRY"---not groups within the country.
There wouldn't be enough bandwidth to address each one.
No, I actually didn't know all that. Thanks for the info. I see what you're saying, but I also maintain that the whole country would have been on an entirely different path had Clinton been elected.

Reactions: Clara007
Nov 2005
California
More than any other factor, IMO, it's the intellectual intolerance of the left. Their ability to agreeably disagree atrophied long, long ago.
I can do that with the people who are intellectually honest.
In my experience, specifically on forums there is a big problem with the right lacking intellectual honesty. Instead, they rely on their emotions and project opinions onto others while refusing to actually acknowledge when people don't have that opinion.

I heard it said recently that the difference between the political poles is now this: conservatives think liberals are people with bad ideas; liberals think conservatives are bad people with ideas. This gets truer by the day, IMO.
Here you go again trying to put words in people's mouths.

All anybody has to do to refute your assessment is to look at Trump's insults towards those who disagree with him politically. Or read Clicker II's posts.
Or listen to the blatant lie talking points on the right. Supposedly, liberalism is "mourning" the Iran general terrorist. I live in the Bay area and I know of nobody who is mourning the Iran general. But I guess that just is part of conservatives thinking liberals are "good people" who mourn terrorists, right? :rolleyes:
There's another thread that talks about the top Republican on the House Judiciary Committee who has accused Democrats of being "in love with terrorists."

But then again, it can easily be said that Trump is not a real conservative in the first place. It boggles my mind that you actually try to proclaim that "conservatives think liberals are people with bad ideas" with Trump, the defacto head of Republicans, in office.

Conservatives I talk to in real life are good people. They are capable of having an honest discussion.
There is a sub-class of people who refuse to acknowledge Trump's faults.
Or worse, their efforts would lead to absolutely nothing being done about Trump's problems. This is the "okay, maybe Trump shouldn't have kicked that blind man's dog but did you hear about what Biden's son might have done..." whataboutism approach. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Dec 2018
New England
When one side is so hateful, dumb and delusional like this, there is no coming together with people who are basically the Taliban. Just need to get people to vote and nobody would pander to these people and we can shut them up so the intelligent people can work on solutions
If nothing else, Lloyd, you're very handy when it comes to proving a point.

Reactions: justoneman
Jul 2014
massachusetts
More than any other factor, IMO, it's the intellectual intolerance of the left. Their ability to agreeably disagree atrophied long, long ago.

I heard it said recently that the difference between the political poles is now this: conservatives think liberals are people with bad ideas; liberals think conservatives are bad people with ideas. This gets truer by the day, IMO.
Either that or it's the program put in place by Newt Gingrich, to create the division which is the only way the right can acquire power.