This is insanity

Oct 2010
Colorado
Utter insanity....

HOW THIS TRANS ATHLETE IS FIGHTING BACK AFTER BEING BANNED BY USA POWERLIFTING
Screen Shot 2019-05-12 at 7.11.54 PM.png
JayCee Cooper has been an athlete for most of her life. As a teenager, she made it to the World Junior Curling Championships in 2007. Later, after she came out as transgender, she joined a roller derby team. Now, she’s a powerlifter who trains five days a week in her basement gym.​
But despite her experience and training regimen, USA Powerlifiting, the country’s leading organization, doesn’t want her to compete in the women’s category. It says that would be unfair because people assigned male at birth, according to the federation, have a physiological advantage over cis women, even if transfeminine athletes lower their testosterone levels.​
USA Powerlifting is a member of the International Powerlifting Federation, which observes International Olympics Committee rules that have allowed trans athletes to compete since 2004. Up until January, USA Powerlifting had no transgender policy of its own. So when Cooper applied late last year to compete in a meet, she thought that if she submitted routine paperwork, including a medical exemption for a transition-related drug she takes, she’d be allowed to compete....​
In an email sent to Cooper in December, a representative from the organization wrote that her request for a medical exemption had been denied and that “male-to-female transgenders are not allowed to compete as females in our static strength sport, as it is a direct competitive advantage.”​
I followed all the rules leading up to competing, and, like, my own beliefs aside, that should be enough,” Cooper told VICE News. “This is what happens, right? When trans people meet all the rules, they'll just establish more rules to govern our bodies and our participation in society, and in sport.”​

More insanity: How This Trans Athlete Is Fighting Back After Being Banned by USA Powerlifting

Apr 2013
La La Land North
There is some justification for this. The Olympic powers that be just had a case that appears to be similar. The problem is that for transgenders, they still often have higher testosterone levels than females and that does give them a physical advantage. Many argue an unfair advantage.

The Olympic case was a little different, that was a person born with ill-defined sexual organs. But her (from birth her parents treated her as female and she maintained that) testosterone levels are still much higher than normal females.

I struggled to find a way of expressing "normal" without implying a judgement but couldn't come up with one.

Jul 2018
Trump World! Where the circus is always in town.
There is some justification for this. The Olympic powers that be just had a case that appears to be similar. The problem is that for transgenders, they still often have higher testosterone levels than females and that does give them a physical advantage. Many argue an unfair advantage.

The Olympic case was a little different, that was a person born with ill-defined sexual organs. But her (from birth her parents treated her as female and she maintained that) testosterone levels are still much higher than normal females.

I struggled to find a way of expressing "normal" without implying a judgement but couldn't come up with one.
It's more than just testosterone levels. They tend to have bigger bones and muscles, greater height. All kinds of born advantages that lowering testosterone does not neutralize.

There is no place for trans women in women sports. Sorry.

Oct 2010
Colorado

Let them compete against other transgenders, and let "normal females" compete against normal females.

Apr 2013
La La Land North
Let them compete again other transgenders, and let "normal females" compete against normal females.
That is an equitable solution, but would it work? Competitions have a cost, and with a very limited entry list, it might not be at all economically feasible.

Dec 2018
Wisconsin
If it’s a sport like power lifting where your just competing against yourself, I think there should be restrictions. It’s simply not fair to allow born male to compete against females.

However if it’s a sport that requires you to compete directly against another athlete, if all parties involved agree then why not. So if a transgender woman wants to compete in tennis and all the other competitors agree to it, why not?

My first interaction with this was with Fallon Fox, a transgender woman competing in MMA. She went 2-0 in her early career, but the problem was she didn’t tell anyone she was transgender. That to me is a problem. She was a biological male beating the shit out of women without notifying anyone involved.

Feb 2019
here and there
Utter insanity....

HOW THIS TRANS ATHLETE IS FIGHTING BACK AFTER BEING BANNED BY USA POWERLIFTING
JayCee Cooper has been an athlete for most of her life. As a teenager, she made it to the World Junior Curling Championships in 2007. Later, after she came out as transgender, she joined a roller derby team. Now, she’s a powerlifter who trains five days a week in her basement gym.​
But despite her experience and training regimen, USA Powerlifiting, the country’s leading organization, doesn’t want her to compete in the women’s category. It says that would be unfair because people assigned male at birth, according to the federation, have a physiological advantage over cis women, even if transfeminine athletes lower their testosterone levels.​
USA Powerlifting is a member of the International Powerlifting Federation, which observes International Olympics Committee rules that have allowed trans athletes to compete since 2004. Up until January, USA Powerlifting had no transgender policy of its own. So when Cooper applied late last year to compete in a meet, she thought that if she submitted routine paperwork, including a medical exemption for a transition-related drug she takes, she’d be allowed to compete....​
In an email sent to Cooper in December, a representative from the organization wrote that her request for a medical exemption had been denied and that “male-to-female transgenders are not allowed to compete as females in our static strength sport, as it is a direct competitive advantage.”​
I followed all the rules leading up to competing, and, like, my own beliefs aside, that should be enough,” Cooper told VICE News. “This is what happens, right? When trans people meet all the rules, they'll just establish more rules to govern our bodies and our participation in society, and in sport.”​

More insanity: How This Trans Athlete Is Fighting Back After Being Banned by USA Powerlifting
So let me get this straight, a male became a woman and therefore has a different overall body physiology than a female born a female, but the insanity is only not allowing the transgender to compete against females?

Feb 2019
here and there
If it’s a sport like power lifting where your just competing against yourself, I think there should be restrictions. It’s simply not fair to allow born male to compete against females.

However if it’s a sport that requires you to compete directly against another athlete, if all parties involved agree then why not. So if a transgender woman wants to compete in tennis and all the other competitors agree to it, why not?

My first interaction with this was with Fallon Fox, a transgender woman competing in MMA. She went 2-0 in her early career, but the problem was she didn’t tell anyone she was transgender. That to me is a problem. She was a biological male beating the shit out of women without notifying anyone involved.
But the Left gets irate over admitting that there are two sexes and that you can't simply switch at will to the other sex without there being any real differences.

Oct 2010
Colorado
So let me get this straight, a male became a woman and therefore has a different overall body physiology than a female born a female, but the insanity is only not allowing the transgender to compete against females?
I'm not sure who you are addressing here, but whoever it is it's not me. Iow, you couldn't be less straight.