This is Probably a Dumb Question, But Where is All This Money Coming From?

Mar 2020
Woodlands, Texas
Ok I get it.
Thanks but my issue with Bubba was my fault not his and I apologized but he probably put me on ignore and I don't blame him.
I don't know his politics I just got mad when he said "girlie man" but I didn't get mad at you for saying "my girl," so it was just me being irritable.
And don't say it.

Feb 2018
Oregon
For the Stimulus I mean are they really just going to print it because that is what people are telling me.
Can they just do that like ok here's money, here's money, here's money?
Why couldn't anyone just do that to pay for their stuff also if the money looked the same?
I know its against the law I know what counterfeiting is but what I mean is how would that hurt anything if the counterfeiter got away with it?
If it were allowed, EVERYONE would do it in a race to be richer than the other, and guess where that would lead.

Mar 2020
Woodlands, Texas
If it were allowed, EVERYONE would do it in a race to be richer than the other, and guess where that would lead.
Yeah I understand that I just brought it up because my uncle and cousins keep saying "thats what the govment is doing!"
So what about what I said about borrowing all the money?
Are those other countries really going to be able to bail us out us like that?

Reactions: Lyzza
Feb 2018
Oregon
Yeah I understand that I just brought it up because my uncle and cousins keep saying "thats what the govment is doing!"
So what about what I said about borrowing all the money?
Are those other countries really going to be able to bail us out us like that?
Well, although the Dems and the Repubs seem to take turns attacking each other for adding to "an unpayable mountain of debt", I recently heard a pretty reliable source (I can't recall who it was) say the debt is really not a problem, and he explained how it could all be handled and cause no problems. I was busy with something and didn't catch the whole thing very well, but that was the gist of it. So what that means is that there are differing opinions out there and some pretty high-level people aren't worried.

Sorry I can't cite specifics and detail out the whole thing.

Mar 2020
Land of Freedom
Well, although the Dems and the Repubs seem to take turns attacking each other for adding to "an unpayable mountain of debt", I recently heard a pretty reliable source (I can't recall who it was) say the debt is really not a problem, and he explained how it could all be handled and cause no problems. I was busy with something and didn't catch the whole thing very well, but that was the gist of it. So what that means is that there are differing opinions out there and some pretty high-level people aren't worried.

HAHAHA!

Was is Hans Christian Andersen?

Now you see why I had to warn you, Princess?

Mar 2020
Woodlands, Texas

Not a problem at all if it came from a reliable source. I'm a journalism student so I know the full import of that phrase.
If a reliable sources said it there must be a basis. I wonder if anyone knows?
I could google it but fuck that's just reading and I do plenty of that being cooped up like I know we all are.
I come here to talk.

I hate when the people who love to argue every little point try to pin you down about how do you know when it is something that is common knowledge or you just don't remember where you found out.
It's like "prove that water is wet before I address your point."
I call them the MASTER DEBATERS of DTT. ;)

Now that I think about it though even the phrase I'm going to pin you down is kind of rapey.
No wonder some of them like to try it.

Reactions: Lyzza and Kode
Jul 2014
massachusetts
For the Stimulus I mean are they really just going to print it because that is what people are telling me.
Can they just do that like ok here's money, here's money, here's money?
Why couldn't anyone just do that to pay for their stuff also if the money looked the same?
I know its against the law I know what counterfeiting is but what I mean is how would that hurt anything if the counterfeiter got away with it?
Actually they don't print it, it's just a number they punch into a computer.
It's not real, what's real is food, clothing and shelter, people need food clothing and shelter, so they punch in the number, and people eat.

Reactions: Neil and SkyChief
Mar 2020
Woodlands, Texas
HAHAHA!

Was is Hans Christian Andersen?

Now you see why I had to warn you, Princess?
Hey, I'm trying to learn here at least, Free.
If you know the answer tell us what it is, or if your getting on letting other people tell me so you can swoop in later and explain it the "real" way, fine.

I listen to all sides before I make up my mind.

Mar 2020
Land of Freedom
It's not real, what's real is food, clothing and shelter, people need food clothing and shelter, so they punch in the number, and people eat.
LOLLLLL!

So I guess when they upgrade the server, you don't eat for a few days! Bad example goober and you should at least be able to feed yourself if you don't know how to and not depend on them strangers punching numbers.

How is she going to learn with this kind of answer? lollll

Where is the computer located, by the way? Can I hack in and punch some bigger numbers?

Mar 2020
Woodlands, Texas
So are you saying that my RW cousins who learned it from my RW uncle are right that the government is just making it out of thin air?
That does sound like legalized counterfeiting doesn't it?
I hope their not right because they are basically only one step above trailer trash unlike Princess Meghan or whatever she's called now.
I"m sorry, goober, I'm probably missing something but could you tell me what.

Actually now that I think about it I say he's right wing, but my uncle always plays that "no I'm a libertarian card."
Help me goober I can't stand to lose an argument with those hillbillies.

Reactions: right to left