This is why I support hate speech laws

Sep 2018
cleveland ohio
There are limits to free speak, death threats against politicians good example of a limit on free speech Alabama Newspaper Editor Calls On KKK For Mass Lynchings To ‘Clean Out D.C.’
Montgomery Advertiser reports:

The editor of a small-town Alabama newspaper published an editorial calling for “the Ku Klux Klan to night ride again” against “Democrats in the Republican Party and Democrats [who] are plotting to raise taxes in Alabama.”
Goodloe Sutton — who is the publisher of the Democrat-Reporter newspaper in Linden, Alabama — confirmed to the Montgomery Advertiser on Monday that he authored the Feb. 14 editorial calling for the return of a white supremacist hate group.​
Alabama Newspaper Editor Calls On KKK For Mass Lynchings To ‘Clean Out D.C.’

Nov 2012
Lebanon, TN
We don't need hate speech laws, we need enforcement of the laws.

Those that committed the lynchings should receive a trial and sentenced to hang if they are proven guilty.

Sep 2018
cleveland ohio
We don't need hate speech laws, we need enforcement of the laws.

Those that committed the lynchings should receive a trial and sentenced to hang if they are proven guilty.

• Murphy

Stone

Roberts

Black

Reed

Frankfurter

Douglas

Byrnes

Jackson
Writing for a unanimous Court, Justice Frank Murphy upheld Chaplinksy’s conviction. The Court identified certain categorical exceptions to First Amendment protections, including obscenities, certain profane and slanderous speech, and "fighting words." He found that Chaplinsky's insults were “fighting words” since they caused a direct harm to their target and could be construed to advocate an immediate breach of the peace. Thus, they lacked the social value of disseminating ideas to the public that lay behind the rights granted by the First Amendment. A state can use its police power, the Court reasoned, to curb their expression in the interests of maintaining order and morality. {{meta.pageTitle}}

Sep 2018
cleveland ohio
Who? And what office?
he is an eidtor of a magazine i would not arrest hum, but i would fine him for viotion of the cahpinski doctirne what he said was not only a threat to elected officails which is criminally actionable but it violates the fighting words doctrine and fall into the definition of fighting words being so outrageous, you cant threaten elected officals

Sep 2015
Brown Township, Ohio
The only thing good about Alabama is I-20 to get the fuck out.

edit: An Alabamian poured tree killer on a sacred grove of trees at the University of Alabama and the trees died.

Last edited:
Sep 2015
Brown Township, Ohio
Anniston Army Depot brings back fond memories. I know you have heard of the Hellfire Missile. Marine Corps Logistics Base, Albany, Georgia also brings back fond memories.

edit: Both wanted to hire me but said I signed a Not To Compete which has no legal obligation but is a moral duty. When I got out of the Navy, The Shah of Persia wanted to hire me, cheese and rice!

Last edited: