This looks too much like we're not in America any more.

Feb 2014
Oregon
We are letting go of our liberty without a fight just as it happened in Germany. The deicisions are made by governing powers and we accept them without question.

Dec 19, 2019 - The REAL ID Act establishes minimum security standards for license issuance and production and prohibits Federal agencies from accepting for certain purposes driver’s licenses and identification cards from states not meeting the Act’s minimum standards. The purposes covered by the ...
REAL ID Frequently Asked ... · ‎REAL ID Documentation · ‎REAL ID Compliance ...
https://www.dhs.gov/news/2018/10/19/real-id-compliance-extensions-update

• Love
Reactions: LTP and imaginethat
Feb 2014
Oregon
Reminds me of security in Israel only where it is the Palestinians humilitated by stripping them nude. The US has adopted security measures originating in Israel and our problem in the mid east is directly related to our relationship with Israel. Some years ago we posted security gaurds in the Social Security offices and I think there is a strong psychological impact in this kind of action that escalates paranoia and makes the surrender of our liberty more acceptable as the fearful frame of mind becomes normal.

Reactions: LTP and imaginethat
Nov 2005
California
Reminds me of security in Israel only where it is the Palestinians humilitated by stripping them nude. The US has adopted security measures originating in Israel and our problem in the mid east is directly related to our relationship with Israel. Some years ago we posted security gaurds in the Social Security offices and I think there is a strong psychological impact in this kind of action that escalates paranoia and makes the surrender of our liberty more acceptable as the fearful frame of mind becomes normal.
Your comments make me think of the below story:

A sheriff's deputy goes to the IRS office. One of their security guards demands the deputy leave his gun in his car. When the deputy says he can't do that, the security guard pulls a gun on the deputy and follows him pointing the gun at him the entire time.
As the article documents, the security guard's statement regarding firearms in the IRS office had a legislated basis, but there was an explicit exclusion for authorized carriers like the deputy.

The whole mindset of "if you're doing nothing wrong, why are you objecting to surrendering your right" is bizarre to me.

This country has a serious problem with not recognizing relative dangers. People are more likely to be killed by being crushed by furniture than they are by terrorists. We pay over a trillion dollars on defense spending in two years, yet rational people don't pause to ask "How much safer are we?" by spending that extra money. We spend trillions on wars in foreign countries that INCREASE THE RISK TO AMERICANS according to the government's own study.

Yet too many Americans have the gall to be outraged because some people in the middle east react to our military actions in their backyards?
We almost started WW III when Russia was trying to stick nukes in our backyard, yet we don't have the objectivity to think about other countries' reaction to us doing the same?

Ben Franklin once said: "Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety."
He had a point which goes vastly overlooked these days...