This Pelaton Ad controversy.

Sep 2019
U.S.A.
Okay people...GET OVER YOURSELVES! Its a freakin' silly Ad and anyone claiming sexism or whatever is projecting their own buIIshit onto someone else. My wife wants one and she has great shape....I'll get it for her because I love her.

Does anyone here actually find it offensive?

May 2018
USA
Okay people...GET OVER YOURSELVES! Its a freakin' silly Ad and anyone claiming sexism or whatever is projecting their own buIIshit onto someone else. My wife wants one and she has great shape....I'll get it for her because I love her.

I'm highly offended. I watched that commercial while my pet miniature Dachshund was sitting in my lap. I was absentmindedly stroking the dog's coarse fur. I wasn't paying attention, but I got so enraged by that commercial that I crushed my dog's skull into tomato paste :( I'm still SO FUCKING MAD.

Reactions: RNG and tecoyah
May 2018
USA

Seriously though, that's the problem with that type of humor: it's way over some people's heads. They don't get it's a statement about weight loss ads and how ridiculous they are.

Reactions: tecoyah
Jul 2014
massachusetts

Well, it is a very expensive coat rack.......

Dec 2018
New England
I think the ad serves as a good litmus test for those whose opinions we should never take seriously.

Reactions: tecoyah
Dec 2018
New England

FWIW, I've used one three or four times. The hotel I usually stay at when visiting NYC has one in their gym. Honestly, it's been the best hotel workout, ever. If you're someone with even a slight competitive streak (and I'm told that might be me, right @Clara007?) there's something about that leaderboard that just works. If you start to take it easy, see you position dropping, something just seems to kick in and you work harder. You don't need to be taking a live class to get that effect. Your performance during a recorded workout is timed perfectly with the playback, so you see how you're doing against anyone whose ever taken that class; which is usually 1000's of riders.

The bikes themselves seem to be well made. I have no idea how long they'll last, but it very study, smooth, and feel well built while you're riding on one.

Mar 2013
Middle Tennessee
I’d like to SNL do a parody of it. I can see three versions.

Version 1, Malibu Barbie type. You think I’m fat !!!???!!! Boooo hooo hooo I’m going home to mommy. Takes dustmop on a rope hops in Mercedes convertible drives away.

Version 2, Bronx NY. With the full accent, yuuz thinks I’m fat ?? Say hello to your new mistress ya fat bastard. That’s ALL you’re touching till YUZ done lost that 40 lbs you gained since we got married !!! Leave room slams door.

Version 3, Texas Awwwwwww heeeeeyyyyaaaaalllll fuckin’ naw. Pulls out gun shoots husband. Next scene is courtroom and judge saying justifiable homicide.

Dec 2018
New England
I am told that the Peloton bikes are about $2000. WOW!
That's just the start. To access the live and on-demand workout videos there's a $40/month content subscription. That's the same price as the dues for a reasonably well equipped fitness club.

IMO, Pelatons only make sense if you live in a cold (or extremely hot) remote area (say, upstate New Hampshire or Death Valley) where the fitness club pickings are slim, and you're a weather shut-in 6 months a year.

Reactions: Clara007
Nov 2012
Michigan
Think about all the poor men lead astray by that ad into thinking buying exercise equipment for their wives is in any way a good idea.