Those cheating Dems.

Jun 2012
Barsoom
If anyone can show me where federal civil rights laws are supported in the Constitution, that would be great.

Nov 2018
Montana
If anyone can show me where federal civil rights laws are supported in the Constitution, that would be great.
I am sensing a pattern here and this has all the features of a rabbit hole especially since you seem to deny the existence of the language of the 15th....

Jun 2012
Barsoom
If anyone can show me where federal civil rights laws are supported in the Constitution, or that the men who wrote and adjudicated the Fifteenth Amendment were lying, that would be great.

Nov 2018
Montana
Good place to start:
Article III
...In all the other cases before mentioned, the Supreme Court shall have appellate jurisdiction, both as to law and fact, with such exceptions, and under such regulations as the Congress shall make ...

SCOTUS determines the constitutionality of the law since John Marshall, if I recall correctly.

Jul 2014
massachusetts
Good place to start:
Article III
...In all the other cases before mentioned, the Supreme Court shall have appellate jurisdiction, both as to law and fact, with such exceptions, and under such regulations as the Congress shall make ...

SCOTUS determines the constitutionality of the law since John Marshall, if I recall correctly.
In Jimmy's fantasy version constitution, Marshall was impeached, and replaced with Jefferson Davis

Jun 2012
Barsoom
If anyone can show me where federal civil rights laws are supported in the Constitution, or that the men who wrote and adjudicated the Fifteenth Amendment were lying, that would be great.

Also, pick any civil rights case and show the constitutional basis of the opinion.

Nov 2018
Montana

Also, pick any civil rights case and show the constitutional basis of the opinion.
I usually leave that up to SCOTUS. Do you have a problem with that jurisprudence?

Jun 2012
Barsoom
I usually leave that up to SCOTUS. Do you have a problem with that jurisprudence?
Only if an opinion is supported by the Constitution.

Pro tip: judicial activism is not a myth. And if one has the knowledge, background, and can think for oneself, it is a problem.

Nov 2018
Montana
Only if an opinion is supported by the Constitution.

Pro tip: judicial activism is not a myth. And if one has the knowledge, background, and can think for oneself, it is a problem.
Judicial activism has become a complaint by conservatives who, in their own manner and perhaps more than progressives, introduce irrelevant intent and historically petrified thinking into major issues of social consequence while they (conservatives) pursue their own form of judicial activism in matters of firearm regulation, licentious campaign regulation, and protection of 19th century big business labor oppression. Values can be expressed by the lack of them.