Thought provoking talk on millenials

Apr 2013
La La Land North
This is 15 minutes long, but very interesting, and quite true in many cases. Definitely something to think about if you have an interest in these things.

Feb 2007
New York
For the most part I agree with what was said. We have a generation of young adults that are missing critical life skills and will suffer lifelong if they don't develop them.

I don't know how I feel about the assertion that corporate America is responsible for the rehab. They are responsible in the sense that this is the pool from which they will be able to pick their future talent, but the idea that corporations should be trying to correct parenting errors for this generation is a bit of a stretch. That would require that corporations flip back to before our parents generation and start showing loyalty to their employees again. I think it unlikely.

Nov 2012
Lebanon, TN
This post was removed. The content was significantly different than the subject of the title and is considered an attempt to derail the subject of a legitimate thread. This behavior is not tolerated at DTT. All are encouraged to review the rules that you agreed to follow when signing up for this forum.

Thank you,

The Moderators.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sep 2018
cleveland ohio
This post was removed. Please keep all posts to their appropriate categories. All feedback should be posted in the Feedback forum.

Thank you,

The Moderators.

Last edited by a moderator:
Jul 2018
Trump World! Where the circus is always in town.
This is 15 minutes long, but very interesting, and quite true in many cases. Definitely something to think about if you have an interest in these things.

The guys talking, I am at minute 4, is a complete jerk. Arrogant and ignorant. His comments on dopamine are based in truth but his interpretation and suggested equivalences is agenda driven and has no basis in science.

I could destroy this guy. Someone needs to.

To all, pay no attention, this guy is a complete ass.

and, I will tell you why. He is unhappy.

He clearly has issues. He should be working on them with a professional.

I flushed it at minutes 10. I feel I need a shower.

What an ignorant asshole.

Jul 2018
Trump World! Where the circus is always in town.
For the most part I agree with what was said. We have a generation of young adults that are missing critical life skills and will suffer lifelong if they don't develop them.

I don't know how I feel about the assertion that corporate America is responsible for the rehab. They are responsible in the sense that this is the pool from which they will be able to pick their future talent, but the idea that corporations should be trying to correct parenting errors for this generation is a bit of a stretch. That would require that corporations flip back to before our parents generation and start showing loyalty to their employees again. I think it unlikely.
a few things

The generation being discussed is missing less, overall, in evolving life skills than any generation prior.

corporate America is indeed hurting Americans in an non quantifiable number of ways each and every day in it's lust of money before all else. They should be held accountable for much. Not necessarily for what this jerk says.

Parents are "committing" less parenting errors each generation. Lots of REAL studies show this.

Feb 2007
New York
The guys talking, I am at minute 4, is a complete jerk. Arrogant and ignorant. His comments on dopamine are based in truth but his interpretation and suggested equivalences is agenda driven and has no basis in science.

I could destroy this guy. Someone needs to.

To all, pay no attention, this guy is a complete ass.

and, I will tell you why. He is unhappy.

He clearly has issues. He should be working on them with a professional.

I flushed it at minutes 10. I feel I need a shower.

What an ignorant asshole.
What are your specific objections to what he is saying? What is he saying that is inaccurate?