Thoughts on the Democratic Primary

Dec 2018
Wisconsin
I've thought this person, that person and this person were going to win the whole thing at some point. But sitting here on October 21st, I have a strong feeling about this: I don't have a fucking clue.

I have no freaking idea who's going to win it. Not a clue. The three top runners right now and for awhile have been Biden, Warren and Sanders. I think that group will probably be around for awhile. However there are signs any number of people could jump up.

• Pete Buttigieg is polling at 17% in Iowa. If he can sneak in and get 1st or 2nd in the Iowa Caucus, that could be a big boost to his candidacy.
  • Kamalah Harris blew up in early polls but has fallen in recent months. But she's still a strong candidate who could improve her debate performances as the field whittles down.
  • Andrew Yang continues to do one thing: Rise, rise rise, and raise raise raise. His base continues to grow and his appeal as a non-traditional candidate serves him well in a field of politicians.
  • Klobuchar is coming off her best debate performance and people are looking for a moderate candidate not named Joe Biden. Klobuchar's midwest appeal makes her a very attractive candidate
  • Tusli Gabbard just barely made the debate stage, but now Hillary Clinton's comments seem to be causing a surge of support for Gabbard. I think she's still a significant long shot, but she's not going away any time soon.

I have no clue...

Sep 2014
On the outside, trickling down on the Insiders
I've thought this person, that person and this person were going to win the whole thing at some point. But sitting here on October 21st, I have a strong feeling about this:

. The three top runners right now and for awhile have been Biden, Warren and Sanders. I think that group will probably be around for awhile. However there are signs any number of people could jump up.

• Pete Buttigieg is polling at 17% in Iowa. If he can sneak in and get 1st or 2nd in the Iowa Caucus, that could be a big boost to his candidacy.
  • Kamalah Harris blew up in early polls but has fallen in recent months. But she's still a strong candidate who could improve her debate performances as the field whittles down.
  • Andrew Yang continues to do one thing: Rise, rise rise, and raise raise raise. His base continues to grow and his appeal as a non-traditional candidate serves him well in a field of politicians.
  • Klobuchar is coming off her best debate performance and people are looking for a moderate candidate not named Joe Biden. Klobuchar's midwest appeal makes her a very attractive candidate
  • Tusli Gabbard just barely made the debate stage, but now Hillary Clinton's comments seem to be causing a surge of support for Gabbard. I think she's still a significant long shot, but she's not going away any time soon.
Chucky MMXX

After this Chinese fire drill, Chuck Schumer will steal the clown car and roar off with it until he tries to run a railroad crossing, where the Trump Train will smash it to bits.

RNG

Forum Staff
Apr 2013
La La Land North
I'm a Mayor Pete fan. I have been from the beginning. Next, I'm for Warren. I still think that Warren is a bit too progressive. She is advocating too far too fast IMO. She is excellent in having actual fairly detailed plans for her policies but as I said, too much. For example, some new data just out today shows that even among Democrats, her idea of banning fracking is unpopular.

Biden is same-old, too old. Harris has some type of harsh edge to her and the others just haven't excited me or the people. And I can't see Bloomberg who apparently is definitely in it again doing much. He's 78 now.

But the elephant in the Dem primary nobody talks about is even in the primary and more so in a general election, how many votes will Mayor Pete not get because he's gay?

Reactions: se7en