Thoughts on the Democratic Primary

Jul 2019
Georgia
I notice all the media seems to be pushing Biden. The DISH guide for the debate on CNN tonight lists "Biden, Buttigieg, and Klobuchar". They seem to want nothing to do with anyone too far from establishment status quo.

Sorry. We are living in radical times with radical political conditions imposed on us, and we need a radical progressive solution. Status quo means more of the same in some form ..... more of what got us here.
I see that

Media pushed the hell out of trump in 15 too, and it worked, unfortunately

(I'll be honest, I'm okay with any one of those three though, I tend to lean more towards the moderate side of things in my personal politics though)
(that's not to say I wouldn't be okay with Warren)
(iffy on Sanders, for now)

Jul 2019
Georgia
Dave Chappelle is in the Yang Gang

and I'll be honest, that makes me like Yang a little more

Dec 2019
Utah, USA
I notice all the media seems to be pushing Biden. The DISH guide for the debate on CNN tonight lists "Biden, Buttigieg, and Klobuchar". They seem to want nothing to do with anyone too far from establishment status quo.

Sorry. We are living in radical times with radical political conditions imposed on us, and we need a radical progressive solution. Status quo means more of the same in some form ..... more of what got us here.
While I sympathize with the thought that we need radical progressive solutions, it's unwise (for a lot of reasons) to go too far left too fast. We're seeing the exact opposite (RW) extremism now. I'll settle for the "progress" part of progressive that will lead to better solutions (mo).

Also, it's good to keep in mind that POTUS has no power to enact policy without congress. That means we need to not only elect a Dem in the WH, but also flip the Senate in order to get any of it done. For that reason alone, I think a moderate, intelligent, honest person that wants to actually serve the country (rather than an ambitious someone) would be a better choice. Personally, I think that's Bloomberg. He has a proven track record, has no other motivation to become Prez. than an altruistic desire to help move the country forward. He owes no one, and takes nothing from special interests, etc. Anyway,,,,just my thoughts on the primary!

Sep 2019
U.S.A.
It seems to me an important aspect to consider what the next President will be up against. Likely the impending economic fallout of the Trump Economy, trying to regain respect internationally and a seriously emboldened Russia along with a Middle East disaster. Whoever follows Trump will need major diplomatic skills and one hell of a team.

May 2018
none
It seems to me an important aspect to consider what the next President will be up against. Likely the impending economic fallout of the Trump Economy, trying to regain respect internationally and a seriously emboldened Russia along with a Middle East disaster. Whoever follows Trump will need major diplomatic skills and one hell of a team.
Agreed. It's going to be quite an uphill battle. The tax code will have to be revisited as well, and that's not gonna be fun.

Reactions: Kode and cwII
Feb 2018
Oregon
While I sympathize with the thought that we need radical progressive solutions, it's unwise (for a lot of reasons) to go too far left too fast. We're seeing the exact opposite (RW) extremism now. I'll settle for the "progress" part of progressive that will lead to better solutions (mo).

Also, it's good to keep in mind that POTUS has no power to enact policy without congress. .....
...which is a good argument to push for the best, most complete ideas on fixing this mess, because "radical" left ideas like you might find coming from Bernie are going to have to pass through Congress, and nothing too radical is going to get by. But just the advocacy without being shy about it and watering it all down as Biden is sure to do, is needed. Congress will take it from there.

Reactions: se7en
Feb 2018
Oregon
I think Warren would be up to all of that including the diplomacy.

Questions of economics is Warren's strength.

Reactions: Clara007
Dec 2019
Utah, USA
...which is a good argument to push for the best, most complete ideas on fixing this mess, because "radical" left ideas like you might find coming from Bernie are going to have to pass through Congress, and nothing too radical is going to get by. But just the advocacy without being shy about it and watering it all down as Biden is sure to do, is needed. Congress will take it from there.
Good point on advocacy. Agreed! But think of the moment we're in. In 2016, I was a rabid Bernie voter. Things have changed for the worse on almost every important issue the country faces since then. At this moment in time, I think someone that has the clout, the right moral values, good judgement, and proven success are the most important qualities. Maybe electing Bernie WOULD send a message, but I question his ability to get it done. Biden the same, for different reasons.

I think our target is the same. ALL of the candidates support progressive ideas. They just have different ideas on how to get there.

Reactions: se7en