TN Cops In Body Armor Tell Woman To Remove Pot Bumper Sticker

Nov 2012
nirvana
TN cops pull over elderly couple for marijuana-ish bumper sticker

It takes a special kind of stupid to think a major drug-running gang trafficking in marijuana would be so stupid as to put marijuana stickers on their car, just so everyone knows they’re doing it.

But then again, Tennesse is the same state where:
the lieutenant governor called Islam a cult
the GOP called for jailing anyone that followed Shariah law
the state wanted to let science teachers offer alternatives (i.e. a pack of lies) to teaching about climate change
a GOP legislator claimed that AIDS came about “from one guy screwing a monkey”
a local gun nut made a video saying he was “gonna start killing people” if President Obama issued any executive orders on guns
a school principal told kids ”If you’re gay you’re going to hell”
the state Tea Party said on Barney Frank’s retirement “good riddance you perverted sodomite“
a GOP congressman suggested secession from the Union over health care reform (do you promise?)
the state legislature and governor bash gays pretty much every chance they get (along with the help of the US Chamber of Commerce)
where only 33% of GOP primary voters think President Obama was born in the US.

It’s bad enough that far too many states still spend far too much time focusing on marijuana, but this is too much. Are these people really responsible for maintaining law and order? If only the Tennessee police weren’t serious when they did this.

I love the woman’s comment after the fact:

“It’s just amazing they would be that dumb,” Bonnie Jonas-Boggioni said.

It’s not amazing. It’s Tennessee.

Nov 2012
Gamma Solaris

It takes a special kind of stupid to think a major drug-running gang trafficking in marijuana would be so stupid as to put marijuana stickers on their car, just so everyone knows they’re doing it.

the state wanted to let science teachers offer alternatives (i.e. a pack of lies) to teaching about climate change
a local gun nut made a video saying he was “gonna start killing people” if President Obama issued any executive orders on guns
the state Tea Party said on Barney Frank’s retirement “good riddance you perverted sodomite“
a GOP congressman suggested secession from the Union over health care reform (do you promise?)
the state legislature and governor bash gays pretty much every chance they get (along with the help of the US Chamber of Commerce)

It’s bad enough that far too many states still spend far too much time focusing on marijuana, but this is too much. Are these people really responsible for maintaining law and order? If only the Tennessee police weren’t serious when they did this.

Ha! Now I get the "skews" bit!:blink:

Nov 2012
Lebanon, TN
Ha! Now I get the "skews" bit!:blink:
yes but you forget, 1 of every 3 deaths from accidents are pot related.

1/2 of all murders are Pot related.

1/2 of all deaths due to DUI are pot related.

Pot is a loaded gun in the hands of a child. because it causes the long term user to have the judgement of a child.

And if you are a regular user it impairs your judgement for 28 days it impairs your driving for 28 days.

Jun 2012
Barsoom

I’ll just address two of these since they are false and out of context, which you seem to do quite frequently.

The GOP called for jailing anyone that followed Shariah law.

The purpose of the legislation was to prevent the practice of amputations, stoning, forced marriages, forced dress, stoning, and the unequal treatment of women under Shariah law.​

There are many different versions of the incident by the phantom couple because there is no record of anyone being pulled over, and the sticker would not be probable cause to pull someone over, etc.:

They were very serious and mean looking.

…a pair of mean looking,black police SUV’s.

They had the body armor and the AK-47 assualt rifle guns.” (this one is a jewel considering that a 66 year old woman can identify an AK-47, and in another statement attributed to her, she used the term "guns.)

They had the body armor and the guns.

Nov 2012
Lebanon, TN
I’ll just address two of these since they are false and out of context, which you seem to do quite frequently.

The GOP called for jailing anyone that followed Shariah law.

The purpose of the legislation was to prevent the practice of amputations, stoning, forced marriages, forced dress, stoning, and the unequal treatment of women under Shariah law.​

There are many different versions of the incident by the phantom couple because there is no record of anyone being pulled over, and the sticker would not be probable cause to pull someone over, etc.:

They were very serious and mean looking.

…a pair of mean looking,black police SUV’s.

They had the body armor and the AK-47 assualt rifle guns.” (this one is a jewel considering that a 66 year old woman can identify an AK-47, and in another statement attributed to her, she used the term "guns.)

They had the body armor and the guns.
TN Police dont carry AK-47.. the only police that care this level of weapons are SWAT units. and their standard Issue arms are MP - 5 and M-16.. no AK-47..

Nov 2012
nirvana

Pot is a loaded gun in the hands of a child. because it causes the long term user to have the judgement of a child.

And if you are a regular user it impairs your judgement for 28 days it impairs your driving for 28 days.
Just when I thought it couldn't be possible for anyone to be that stupid. You show up and prove the article true.

Nov 2012
Lebanon, TN
Just when I thought it couldn't be possible for anyone to be that stupid. You show up and prove the article true.
Really that is not me, that is harvard medical schools study and CDC data.

Are you calling Harvard medical and CDC Stupid?

Harvard Gazette: Study: Intelligence, cognition unaffected by heavy marijuana use

All took batteries of intelligence, attention, learning and memory tests on days 0, 1, 7, and 28 after quitting the drug. (Daily urine samples confirmed whether or not they had stopped.) On days 0, 1 and 7, current heavy smokers scored significantly lower then the other groups on memory tests.

"By day 28, however, there were no significant differences among the groups on any of 10 different tests, and no significant association between cumulative lifetime marijuana use and test scores

OOPSIE..

CDC - Impaired Driving Facts - Motor Vehicle Safety - Injury Center

SKEWS, I DON'T POST IT IF I CANNOT BACK IT UP.

I work at a CDC Sentenal Laboratory, I get these reports semi-annually.

Nov 2012
Chicago
A guy I have known since H.S. started with pot, then LSD, then H.; now he’s almost 52 and is able to hold down a well paying job, because he works nights with no supervision; however he spends all his time in his apartment and no longer plays golf, and does basically nothing except smoke weed. When he gets time off, like 4 days in a row, he spends it all in his apt. smoking weed. Basically his life sucks, even though he makes good money. He just watches TV and does weed. I feel sorry for him but there is nothing I can do, we used to play golf and he was very good at it, but now he refused to even do that any more.
Yes, marijuana is good for the body and the soul.:mellow:

Feb 2007
USA

But the Harvard study and CDC summary you cited clearly do not demonstrate these conclusions.

Feb 2013
Champlain Valley
we tried banning alcohol and now conservatives use Prohibition as a warning about government interference and laws that backfire, so why support the same approach too pot?

Pot makes people non violent, the opposite of alcohol. I've done both and here is no comparison in terms of self control and aggression. I can tell you stories about alcoholics that would make you almost barf.

I very rarely see DUIs in which a person is charged with drug usage, and police test for drugs in DUI fatalities.