Travel Advisory: Exercise Caution When Traveling to the.....USA

Dec 2015
Arizona
How about that for a slap in the face, America?
Amnesty International has joined a growing list of countries warning travelers about the perils of gun violence in the United States.

A travel advisory the organization issued Wednesday “calls on people worldwide to exercise caution and have an emergency contingency plan when traveling throughout the USA.”
“This Travel Advisory is being issued in light of ongoing high levels of gun violence in the country,” the warning continues.
Calling gun violence in the United States “a human rights crisis” in a statement accompanying the travel advisory, Amnesty International accused the U.S. government of failing to fulfill its obligation under international law to keep people safe.

Uruguay and Venezuela have also discouraged their citizens from traveling to the United States, citing this weekend’s mass shootings in El Paso and Dayton, Ohio, as indicators of danger and a rise in hate crimes.
The Japanese Consulate in Detroit, meanwhile, released a statement Sunday calling the United States a “gun society” and urging Japanese nationals to stay alert after the Dayton shooting.
These are just the latest countries and international groups to label gun violence in America a safety concern. In recent years, Germany, Ireland, Canada and New Zealand have issued similar warnings about travel to the United States.
Ireland and Germany have previously cautioned travelers that guns are easily obtainable in the United States and that tourist destinations and crowded public places could be targeted.
New Zealand’s government warns in an online travel advisory that “there is a higher incidence of violent crime and firearm possession than in New Zealand” and “active shooter incidents occur from time to time in the United States.”
https://www.washingtonpost.com/worl...growing-list-countries-issue-travel-warnings/

AND the Trump supporters say: This is great news! We don't want tourist trade foreigners.

Jul 2019
Georgia
It's funny how Trumpanzees think this is good news. Yay! Our country is so shitty that we've turned away the rest of the world! No need for a wall when your country is already so repugnant and violent that people aren't going to even bother hopping a fence!
right?

and walls keep people in too - trump might make it so terrible we may need to be able to escape easily

May 2018
Chicago
look at "temporary visit for pleasure" category in the chart below.

also a major drop in student visas

trump's not gonna have to worry about any more travel bans. no one wants to come here, not even for tourism or for study. and now we're viewed in some places as a dangerous place to visit too

I think I mentioned this before but, my a former roommate of mine taught English as a second language at DePaul. When Trump got elected, foreign student enrollment dropped off so sharply that they got rid of her entire department. She lost her job and had to move out. So much winning.

Jul 2019
Georgia
I think I mentioned this before but, my a former roommate of mine taught English as a second language at DePaul. When Trump got elected, foreign student enrollment dropped off so sharply that they got rid of her entire department. She lost her job and had to move out. So much winning.
damn, that's sad

Apr 2013
La La Land North
look at "temporary visit for pleasure" category in the chart below.

also a major drop in student visas

trump's not gonna have to worry about any more travel bans. no one wants to come here, not even for tourism or for study. and now we're viewed in some places as a dangerous place to visit too

That "Temporary visitor for pleasure" number should be an eye opener for people who can think.

Edit: Sorry se7en, you beat me to it.