Trickle up does work

RNG

Apr 2013
La La Land North
We have all kinds of empirical data to show that trickle down doesn't happen, but now there is strong reason to believe that trickle up does. This is from the Axios Market newsletter so I'm not sure I can give a link.

Try this for the whole newsletter: Gmail It's the first article after some announcements.

Anyway, what it says is that contrary to conventional wisdom, increasing minimum wage which has shown a knock-on effect of also raising the wages of other low paid workers has had a very positive effect on the profitability of fast food outlets. Their shares are surging way above the levels of the markets in general.

They assume it helps other retail that caters to the lower economic strata too, which causes them to open more stores, hire more people and all the other good stuff that Evilrichbastards have promised about trickle down but never delivered.

May 2019
USA
The link went no where. I was very interested in reading it to. Seems like i have seen some Seattle studies that indicate the same thing, but there was substantial job loss to go with it.

RNG

Apr 2013
La La Land North
The link went no where. I was very interested in reading it to. Seems like i have seen some Seattle studies that indicate the same thing, but there was substantial job loss to go with it.
This C&P from the newsletter is all I can offer.

Between the lines: The fast-food industry's biggest tailwind is coming from a surprising source — the increased pay of low-wage workers.

After trailing higher-paid workers for years since the financial crisis, earnings for the bottom 25% of workers have been growing at a rate much faster than the national average, and weekly earnings for the bottom 10% of full-time workers have grown even faster, data shows.

Generally, rising wages would be seen as a negative for the industry, but coupled with stable gas prices, the increasing paychecks of low-wage workers means more money spent at fast-food and fast-casual restaurants.

Reactions: walkaway
Dec 2018
Wisconsin
Take a screen shot of the letter, save the image, and upload the image.

RNG

Apr 2013
La La Land North
Take a screen shot of the letter, save the image, and upload the image.
Post #3 was the point I was making. The newsletter is a markets/stock newsletter and the rest of the article was discussing the performance of fast food stocks.

Dec 2018
Wisconsin
Post #3 was the point I was making. The newsletter is a markets/stock newsletter and the rest of the article was discussing the performance of fast food stocks.
... my bad

Dec 2015
Arizona
We have all kinds of empirical data to show that trickle down doesn't happen, but now there is strong reason to believe that trickle up does. This is from the Axios Market newsletter so I'm not sure I can give a link.

Try this for the whole newsletter: Gmail It's the first article after some announcements.

Anyway, what it says is that contrary to conventional wisdom, increasing minimum wage which has shown a knock-on effect of also raising the wages of other low paid workers has had a very positive effect on the profitability of fast food outlets. Their shares are surging way above the levels of the markets in general.

They assume it helps other retail that caters to the lower economic strata too, which causes them to open more stores, hire more people and all the other good stuff that Evilrichbastards have promised about trickle down but never delivered.
I couldn't find it.

Jun 2013
Katmandu

Federal tax revenues increased after Trump's tax reform because of increased economic activity. The best economy we have seen in 15 years, the best consumer confidence numbers of the 21st century, and five million new jobs created are what is driving the labor scarcity and increase in low skill wages.

Mar 2013
Middle Tennessee
Federal tax revenues increased after Trump's tax reform because of increased economic activity. The best economy we have seen in 15 years, the best consumer confidence numbers of the 21st century, and five million new jobs created are what is driving the labor scarcity and increase in low skill wages.

YES the federal revenues increased a WHOPPING .4% !!! That's POINT four percent 2018 over 2017. Corporations paid 30% LESS in 2018 than in 2017. So the difference was ALL made up by YOU AND ME, the poor saps paying our taxes while the 1% and the corporations pay little.

We are now in THE LONGEST single period of growth in our history. More than 10 years. We've recently passed the previous longest growth period which was under Clinton.