Trudeau Approves Dollar Coin Celebrating Gay Rights For Circulation In 2019

Dec 2013
Beware of watermelons
Canadian Prime Minister Justin Trudeau has approved a dollar coin to celebrate the LGBT experience and commemorate the 50th anniversary of the decriminalization of homosexuality in Canada.

The coin is already generating backlash, with opponents of the Trudeau government questioning whether the prime minister hasn’t done enough already to promote identity politics in Canada.

Redirect Notice

Gotta love Canada

Apr 2013
La La Land North
Damn it must be some pretty subtle backlash.

Or did you mean backlash among your white supremacist friends?

Your link goes to a site that my internet security questions whether I really want to go there or not. Think about that.

Even Microsoft, whose security system I use knows Daily Caller is dangerous to the mental wellbeing of humanity.

Nov 2005
California
Oh. The humor of it all when you consider the broader context and whether those same standards should be applied in "other ways"...

But the director of political operations for Canada’s largest pro-life group says the move is indoctrination.

“This is state-operated propaganda, pure and simple, using our money system,” Jack Fonseca of Campaign Life Coalition told The Daily Caller on Saturday. “It’s Orwellian. Something you’d expect from a dictatorship like Communist China, the former Soviet Union, or the almighty German state in the 1930’s and 1940’s who used the apparatus of government to ensure that no citizen escapes indoctrination with the State’s ideology.”​
Quite frankly, I read the above and think the speaker is lost in hyperbolic feedback loop. :rolleyes:
This is one of those situations where the speaker reveals more about himself than anything else with such wild accusations.

Fonseca said the idea of using Canadian money to socialize Canadians towards an acceptance of the LGBT lifestyle is “insulting to the millions of Canadians who are bible-believing Christians, Jews, Muslims, Sikhs and of other faiths … whose scriptures and traditions view homosexual behavior as a violation of God’s plan for human sexuality.”​
One thing that has perpetually amused me is this notion of "insulting" and "acceptance".
By this standard, U.S. money has "In God We Trust" on it. Should we take that as an insult towards atheists?
I personally feel atheists should not be "insulted" by such a comment and suspect that those "millions" that Jack pretends to speak for would recognize it is not intended as an "insult".

Furthermore, this pretense that such things cause "acceptance" is mindless. There is no logic nor psychological justification for claiming such a thing causes "acceptance" of homosexuality.

Apr 2013
La La Land North
Except you have to understand that all the pro-life (anti-abortion fundie menace types) in Canada could fit into a very short bus.

Jun 2012
Barsoom
Canadian Prime Minister Justin Trudeau has approved a dollar coin to celebrate the LGBT experience and commemorate the 50th anniversary of the decriminalization of homosexuality in Canada.

The coin is already generating backlash, with opponents of the Trudeau government questioning whether the prime minister hasn’t done enough already to promote identity politics in Canada.

Redirect Notice

Gotta love Canada
Typical of that ilk.

Dec 2018
Wisconsin
You know what a Canadian horse eats?

Hay

You know what a gay horse eats?
Heeeeeeeeeyyyyyyyyy