Trump addresses the nation

Apr 2013
La La Land North
He knows he's more important than the thousands of people working to put this on the air and the millions who are waiting to watch it. That's just how he rolls.

Sep 2015
Brown Township, Ohio
Sadly I missed what Trump said and Fox News is showing the Democratic Response.

edit: Nancy was the first speaker on the Democratic Response and I don't know who the guy was standing next to her. The guy said make the Stature of Liberty the symbol of America. The Statue of Liberty was built in France for Egypt but Egypt refused it and so NYC got stuck with it.

Last edited:
Jun 2018
South Dakota
Trump laid it out clean, plain and simple. Pelosi and Schumer regurgitated the same tired old line of partisan deception and diversion we've heard for the last 2 yrs. They looked and acted like they were attending a funeral, their own.
I wish Fox had fact checked THEIR comments.

Sep 2016
Oregon
Trump talked about a plan that came from Homeland Security...including border patrol and police. Those people, whose jobs are directly involved, know a lot more about what is happening and what is needed than Pelosi and Schumer, sitting in their protected offices. Every citizen disgusted with this constant opposition to everything the President proposes need to make the phone and e-mails full of statements to their members of congress....stop all the crap and make our border secure.

imaginethat

Forum Staff
Oct 2010
Colorado
Sadly I missed what Trump said and Fox News is showing the Democratic Response.

edit: Nancy was the first speaker on the Democratic Response and I don't know who the guy was standing next to her. The guy said make the Stature of Liberty the symbol of America. The Statue of Liberty was built in France for Egypt but Egypt refused it and so NYC got suck with it.
Trump said you're going to die unless I protect you, but the Ds won't let me.

Jun 2018
South Dakota
If the statue of Liberty is the symbol of America and a wall is not I promise that I will not support a wall around NYC.
It just dawned on me, the Pelosi and Schumer show looked like an opening skit on SNL.
Trump said you're going to die unless I protect you, but the Ds won't let me.
I doubt that I will be a victim of murder, rape or beaten by an illegal alien. I also doubt that any of those who've been murdered, raped and beaten by illegal aliens thought so either.

Last edited:

imaginethat

Forum Staff
Oct 2010
Colorado
Trump talked about a plan that came from Homeland Security...including border patrol and police. Those people, whose jobs are directly involved, know a lot more about what is happening and what is needed than Pelosi and Schumer, sitting in their protected offices. Every citizen disgusted with this constant opposition to everything the President proposes need to make the phone and e-mails full of statements to their members of congress....stop all the crap and make our border secure.
Trump last month was offered a compromise, one he seemed to want, one he first mentioned about a year ago.

President Donald Trump on Wednesday previewed his outline for an immigration bill that he will promote next week, saying he wants $25 billion to build a border wall and is open to granting citizenship to illegal immigrants who were brought to the United States as children.
Trump said he was optimistic he could come to an agreement with both Republicans and Democrats in the U.S. Congress that would appeal to hardliners seeking tougher rules for immigrants while also preventing the roughly 700,000 “Dreamers” from being deported.
“Tell them not to be concerned, ok? Tell them not to worry. We’re going to solve the problem. It’s up to the Democrats, but they (the Dreamers) should not be concerned,” Trump told reporters during an impromptu question-and-answer session at the White House. --- link

But, despite being offered just that, a path to citizenship for 1.8 million Dreamers and $25 billion for his wall, Trump, ever the drama king, shut down the government.

That's the story cut to the bone.