Trump addresses the nation

Sep 2015
Brown Township, Ohio
Trump laid it out clean, plain and simple. Pelosi and Schumer regurgitated the same tired old line of partisan deception and diversion we've heard for the last 2 yrs. They looked and acted like they were attending a funeral, their own.
I wish Fox had fact checked THEIR comments.

I just watched a playback of what Trump said and his voice is shrill and too emotional in my opinion. Trump should speak softly and carry a big stick.

imaginethat

Forum Staff
Oct 2010
Colorado
If the statue of Liberty is the symbol of America and a wall is not I promise that I will not support a wall around NYC.
It just dawned on me, the Pelosi and Schumer show looked like an opening skit on SNL.
And Trump, with his squinted eyes, looked like the snake oil salesman that he is.

Dec 2006
New Haven, CT
Actually, as much as I loathe him (as well we all know LOL), I thought the fat orange turd Dear Leader did a fairly good job. Minimum number of lies and he kept the wall for the end of the speech so it wasn't the 'main event.' Which I think was smart. I hated everything he said ... but I can see how some people would say, 'ah, what the hell, give the guy a chance.'
And I think Pelosi and Schumer did a shit job. Anybody watching would definitely think that Trump was the one who cared about people, not the robot duo. I don't believe it. But, I'm putting myself in the place of people who are on the fence about the issue.
The fat orange turd might have done himself some good tonight - managed to divert attention from the Mueller investigation and get some support for his wall. Fuck him.

Mar 2013
Middle Tennessee
Trump lied his fucking ass off, AGAIN, but who the fuck is surprised. Lie number one a half truth. He said 90 of the drugs coming in do so acrtoss the southern border. That much is true. The REST of the story is that 90% of that traffic PASSES THRU NORMAL (LEGAL) PORTS OF ENTRY hidden in cars and big trucks. Almost none of the heroin, meth or fentanyl gets trafficked across the open borders.

The BIGGEST FUCKING LIE was he said that had been a SURGE in traffic, at a time WHEN THE BORDER PATROL IS SAYING WE'RE AT OUR LOWEST RATES OF BOTH CROSSINGS AND DEPORTATIONS IN A DECADE.

I'd like to see his calendar and other documentation for these "meetings" with families of those killed by illegals.

Of course the trumepteers will eat it up with a spoon and call EVERYTHING else "fake news".

Sep 2015
Brown Township, Ohio
Actually, as much as I loathe him (as well we all know LOL), I thought the fat orange turd Dear Leader did a fairly good job. Minimum number of lies and he kept the wall for the end of the speech so it wasn't the 'main event.' Which I think was smart. I hated everything he said ... but I can see how some people would say, 'ah, what the hell, give the guy a chance.'
And I think Pelosi and Schumer did a shit job. Anybody watching would definitely think that Trump was the one who cared about people, not the robot duo. I don't believe it. But, I'm putting myself in the place of people who are on the fence about the issue.
The fat orange turd might have done himself some good tonight - managed to divert attention from the Mueller investigation and get some support for his wall. Fuck him.
The Wall has became The Main Event if we like it or not.