Trump addresses the nation

Dec 2018
Wisconsin
Did anyone actually watch it? From what I’m reading m, three old people talked on TV as if they were holding in a poo

Jul 2014
massachusetts
Did anyone actually watch it? From what I’m reading m, three old people talked on TV as if they were holding in a poo
Here, let me recap it.

Fear, Be very afraid, Brown People, Drugs, Brown People, crime, A Brown people raped someone, be very afraid, a brown people killed someone, The Democrats want millions of murderers and tons of drugs to pour into the country, I'm just asking for 5 billion, we'll save 50 billion the first year, be afraid, oh yeah, BROWN PEOPLE.....

Apr 2013
Left coast
Trump last month was offered a compromise, one he seemed to want, one he first mentioned about a year ago.

President Donald Trump on Wednesday previewed his outline for an immigration bill that he will promote next week, saying he wants $25 billion to build a border wall and is open to granting citizenship to illegal immigrants who were brought to the United States as children.
Trump said he was optimistic he could come to an agreement with both Republicans and Democrats in the U.S. Congress that would appeal to hardliners seeking tougher rules for immigrants while also preventing the roughly 700,000 “Dreamers” from being deported.
“Tell them not to be concerned, ok? Tell them not to worry. We’re going to solve the problem. It’s up to the Democrats, but they (the Dreamers) should not be concerned,” Trump told reporters during an impromptu question-and-answer session at the White House. --- link

But, despite being offered just that, a path to citizenship for 1.8 million Dreamers and $25 billion for his wall, Trump, ever the drama king, shut down the government.

That's the story cut to the bone.
There was a story I believe yesterday about that. Trump looked like he would compromise but then Rush Limbaugh and two separate Fox talking heads moaned at great length about how he was choking on his premier campaign promise and that if he didn't correct it he would lose their backing. One was Coulter and I don't remember the other one. And it took him about 2.67 microseconds to switch to full attack mode.

Actually I was wrong. Hannity wasn't one of them. Or at least it wasn't made public if he had.

Sep 2016
Oregon
Last year the Dems/Schumer were considering 25 Billion for border security, including a wall and now they refuse to even consider 5. They are the ones who want the shut down to continue and try to use is as a political weapon. The Dems don't give a damn what the public wants. Why should any nation not have control over who and when people come into a country? That is something the Dems oppose....just to make a fight with the President.

Jul 2014
massachusetts
Last year the Dems/Schumer were considering 25 Billion for border security, including a wall and now they refuse to even consider 5. They are the ones who want the shut down to continue and try to use is as a political weapon. The Dems don't give a damn what the public wants. Why should any nation not have control over who and when people come into a country? That is something the Dems oppose....just to make a fight with the President.
Reallly? "The Dems don't give a damn what the public wants"?

The majority of Americans oppose the wall.
https://www.cnn.com/2019/01/08/politics/polls-trump-shutdown-wall/index.html

Sep 2015
Brown Township, Ohio
There was a story I believe yesterday about that. Trump looked like he would compromise but then Rush Limbaugh and two separate Fox talking heads moaned at great length about how he was choking on his premier campaign promise and that if he didn't correct it he would lose their backing. One was Coulter and I don't remember the other one. And it took him about 2.67 microseconds to switch to full attack mode.

Actually I was wrong. Hannity wasn't one of them. Or at least it wasn't made public if he had.
Two point six seven microseconds is not instantaneous. 1.414 microseconds is almost instant and figures into the speed of light and the square root of two.

imaginethat

Forum Staff
Oct 2010
Colorado
Everyone has a contingency plan and Mexico said they will not pay for it so Trump went to Plan B.
But....

What about the concrete wall??

Trump said:
“As far as concrete, I said I was going to build a wall. I never said, ‘I’m going to build a concrete…’ I said I’m going to build a wall.”
Is this another example of the Mandela Effect, cause I sure remember differently.