Trump addresses the nation

Dec 2015
Arizona
The networks wasted NO time fact-checking and that includes Fox Trump Network. Shep jumped in with several challenges
using the government's own numbers.
“The government’s statistics show that there is less violent crime by the undocumented immigrant population than by the general population,” he said.
“Government statistics show much of the heroin actually comes not over the unguarded border but through ports of call,” he said.
“He talks about undocumented crossings over the past months. In fact, the number of undocumented crossings over the southern border has been steadily down over the last 10 years and the government reports that there is more outward traffic than inward traffic.”
Smith also pushed back on Trump’s claims that Mexico will pay for the wall via a revised trade deal.
Donald Trump's Border Speech Gets A Savage Instant Fact-Check On Fox News | HuffPost

CNN came out guns blazing:
Trump: "The wall will also be paid for indirectly by the great new trade deal we have made with Mexico."
The President has made this false claim before.

Trump long ago abandoned his 2016 campaign promise that Mexico would pay to build a wall. Instead, he now makes the case that Mexico will "indirectly" pay for the barrier, thanks to the potential increase in tax revenue generated by his replacement for the North America Free Trade Agreement.
But the new deal hasn't yet been ratified by Congress, where Democrats have expressed opposition. And even if the new United States Mexico Canada Agreement ends up raising tax revenue, there's nothing earmarking that money for a wall. Income and corporate taxes are general revenue that would have to be appropriated by Congress.

Trump: "Every day, Customs and Border Patrol agents encounter thousands of illegal immigrants trying to enter our country."
Available Customs and Border Protection data shows a total of 396,579 people were apprehended by the US Border Patrol for fiscal year 2018 at the southwest border, which would mean an average of 1,087 each day -- hardly the "thousands" that Trump purports.

Trump: "All Americans are hurt by uncontrolled illegal migration."
It's very difficult to know exactly how much or little undocumented immigrants cost the United States. Many experts contest the notion that undocumented immigrants are a strain on the economy. A 2017 analysis noted that undocumented immigrants "make considerable tax contributions," for example.

Trump: "At the request of Democrats, it will be a steel barrier rather than a concrete wall." (I love this one!)
Democrats have long strenuously opposed Trump's campaign promise that he would build a concrete wall on the US-Mexico border. But they did not propose a steel barrier as an alternative. Rather, Democrats have continued to oppose the construction of any new steel or concrete barrier on the southern border.

Of course there's much more if you're interested. I'm betting the Trumpettes won't be. https://www.cnn.com/2019/01/08/politics/fact-check-trump-immigration-speech/index.html

Dec 2006
New Haven, CT
Did you see AOC's rebuttal on the Rachel Maddow Show to lying trump's speech? She kicked butt = Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez upstages Dem leaders and gives her own fiery response to Trump speech 1:37 minute video clip
She was absolutely fan-fuckin-tastic!
I was almost wishing they had allowed this freshman representative to give the rebuttal.
Then I remembered...no matter how good she was, it wouldn't have helped to have a brown woman defending the brown people. Just facts. For normal people it would have been great. But, they needed to change some minds. She wouldn't have done it.
Don't get me wrong - I'm NOT saying that Pelosi/Shumer did. It was not their finest moment. It was like they were posing for American Gothic.