Trump admin half right this time.

RNG

Apr 2013
La La Land North
John Bolton tells us that the national debt is a threat to society. So, maybe I was wrong and the Republicans do understand?

Of course not. Their only solution is to cut welfare etc.

They would never think of looking at the MIC or more significantly, the revenue side.

Idiots.

U.S. National Security Adviser John Bolton called the national debt a “threat to the society” that requires significant cuts to the government’s discretionary spending.

Nov 2017
All this legislation for things that the government shouldn't be involved in and put us in debt comes from both Democrats and Republicans. This is where I'm a fan of neither party.

Reactions: Sabcat
Nov 2017
As long as stupid people can be tricked into voting against their own best interests the GOP will have a home in America.
It's the GOP who's often for lowering taxes, or at least campaigns on that promise, so are you referring to when they break their promise? Read my lips no new taxes?

Voting against our own best interests is the signature trait of Democrats.

May 2018
USA
All this legislation for things that the government shouldn't be involved in and put us in debt comes from both Democrats and Republicans. This is where I'm a fan of neither party.
The USA's vast national debt can be traced to ONE political party/President. Ronald Reagan. When he took office he gutted the tax code, literally cut the top rate for the 1% IN HALF (while giving the middle class 7 tax increases over his two terms). Then he pushed for vast increases in military spending...and we saw the incompetent TRIPLE the national debt in only 8 years (from $700 billion to $2.1 trillion). The gashes he made in the tax code are still there, and still adding massive debt. In a time of massive budget deficits (inflicted by an incompetent Republican, mind you) what ideas do the GOP have for fixing the budget issues? Oh...MORE TAX CUTS. No cuts in spending (except on relative nickel and dime programs), just more CUTS.

Their incompetence is stunning. Their hypocrisy (calling themselves "fiscally conservatives") even more stunning.

Yeah, one of the parties has a lot more blame to take in the debt issue in America, and that party is the GOP.

May 2018
USA
It's the GOP who's often for lowering taxes, or at least campaigns on that promise, so are you referring to when they break their promise? Read my lips no new taxes?

LOL...uh huh. Yeah, those Democrats should be voting for trust fund billionaires, huh? They have so much in common with him. Why, look at how much those Trump Trash welfare queens benefited from Trump's "tax bill" (aka: they got nearly nothing, but the 1% made out like bandits). Plus, those same penniless trash will likely lose their healthcare if the GOP maintains majorities in the House/Senate.

"best interests", lol

RNG

Apr 2013
La La Land North

You are working under the incorrect impression that low taxes is good for the majority.

Reactions: Clara007