Trump Administration Reverses Standards For Energy-Efficient Lightbulbs

RNG

Forum Staff
Apr 2013
La La Land North
A totally unnecessary step backwards in terms of carbon emissions. And with the current cost of LEDs, a money loser.

IMPOTUS harms America again.

"The rollback will lead to higher energy bills for homes and businesses, plus significantly more pollution harming our health and the environment due to all the extra electricity that will need to be generated," the NRDC said in a statement.

Some companies that manufacture lightbulbs opposed the expansion to higher standards of energy efficiency.

DeLaski says, "Every time a consumer shifts to an LED, that lightbulb is going to last 10 years or longer. So the lightbulb manufacturers are trying to save technology that keeps the consumer coming back to buy another bulb every year, but still wastes a lot of energy."

Dec 2015
Arizona
Just when I thought Trump couldn't get MORE stupid....
I admit it.
I was wrong.

RNG

Forum Staff
Apr 2013
La La Land North
It wont make any difference at this point, L.E.D. is the new standard and is less expensive in the long run anyway.....the only place for an incandescent anymore is an EZbake oven.
You have a better opinion of your fellow man than I do. If the average IMPOTUS supporter shows the same degree of foresight in choosing lightbulbs as they do in voting for president and supporting policies, they will pick the cheaper to buy incandescents. Plus it's that thar science stuff that says LEDs are better and we don't go fer that stuff.

Jul 2015
chicago
A step away from the Nanny State. That is great. I am tired of the government morality board. So now I can get my cheap incandescent bulbs that are bright and nice again?

imaginethat

Forum Staff
Oct 2010
Colorado
A step away from the Nanny State. That is great. I am tired of the government morality board. So now I can get my cheap incandescent bulbs that are bright and nice again?
Sure!! You can pay for 60 watts of electricity, and I can pay for 9 watts ad we'll both get 750-800 lumens of light. My bulb lasts 15,000 hrs. and yours might last for 1,000 hrs. I can get my bulbs for around a buck each. What do you pay?

RNG

Forum Staff
Apr 2013
La La Land North
Sure!! You can pay for 60 watts of electricity, and I can pay for 9 watts ad we'll both get 750-800 lumens of light. My bulb lasts 15,000 hrs. and yours might last for 1,000 hrs. I can get my bulbs for around a buck each. What do you pay?
I just blew it. I chose 6 watt LEDs to replace 25 watt incandescents. They are too bright. I should have gone with the 4 watt ones.

Jul 2015
chicago
Why do you insist on intruding into my house?

• Haha
Reactions: Clara007