Trump and Barr turning Mueller Report into an Easter egg hunt

Oct 2010
Colorado
Trump has got to be hoping that Barr is a better fixer than Cohen was.

Trump and Barr turning Mueller Report
into an Easter egg hunt
It is Holy Week, marking the series of events in Christianity between Palm Sunday and Easter Sunday. It is also the week we are likely to see the Barr Report, the redacted version of the Mueller Report that has been in the possession of Attorney General William Barr for a month of Sundays.​
Politically, submitting the Barr Report this week is an attempt to continue the campaign to stonewallthe Mueller Report to help Trump and hamper the truth. Congress is in recess this week, so members are not in Washington. As a result, it is harder to get their reaction to the Barr Report when they are spread across the cou​
...Clearly, this Mueller Report Easter egg hunt is designed by Trump and Barr to hide the truth from the American public.​
Anyone who knew anything about Barr before he became Attorney General isn’t surprised by this mission of deception. Long before he wrote the memo that is now the roadmap to protect Trump from the Mueller Report, Barr, in his previous tour as Attorney General, helped others avoid justice during Iran Gate by stonewalling and issuing pardons during the George H.W. Bush administration.​
Sound familiar? It is, in fact, the Trump-Barr playbook.​

More: Mary Anne Marsh: Trump and Barr turning Mueller Report into an Easter egg hunt

Mar 2019
Texas
The way i see it is that this is to be expected from the two. What is not to be expected is the opposition just going with the punches. They will never get to the truth by doing the same ole thing. They are clearly saying that their vacation time is much more important than any moves by the two and they will just deal with when they are on the clock. If similar things happen to people not part of the government then there is no down time and you fight with every once of energy you can muster. All i can figure is that they are all in it together and are just putting on a show. Clearly the much more important issue right now is vacation and 2020 election.

Jun 2018
South Dakota
Just saw ol Mary Ann get owned on Fx on this very subject. She's possibly the weakest lib rep on the air these days. The investigation has been an Easter egg hunt from the start. Her trying to spin it as a recent reelation is really stupid and very desperate.

Mar 2019
Texas
Just saw ol Mary Ann get owned on Fx on this very subject. She's possibly the weakest lib rep on the air these days. The investigation has been an Easter egg hunt from the start. Her trying to spin it as a recent reelation is really stupid and very desperate.
You seen what you wanted to see.

A bunch of clowns sitting around arguing against following the law.

Feb 2019
nunya
Provide a link. The investigation was not a witch hunt. We have evidence of Russian ambassadors and meetings Trump knew about. You're dismissal of all of this evidence clearly shows just how ignorant you are. Unsurprisingly, looking at your past posts.

Dec 2015
Arizona
I just have to say how thoroughly disappointed I am in Bill Barr. I listened to his confirmation hearing and was convinced that he was SOLID--thinking for himself--interested in real truth. Boy was I wrong. He deserves an Oscar for Best Actor in a starring role. Beautifully played, Bill.
AND he strung me along until.......the "I THINK there was spying". AND it wasn't just the words. It was his body language. It was almost as if he really DID NOT want to say the words--like he wasn't quite sure he SHOULD say the words---THEN HE DID.

I couldn't believe it. I have no idea what his relationship with Trump is, but whatever it is, Barr must be caught in a trap.

Are these people (and there are so many) SOOO desperate?? Are they so frantic for fame or power or approval? I swear. Some of these folks would take a bullet for Trump......and I'll never understand that kind of fealty.

Feb 2007
USA
<BARR> "I've got a black magic Sharpie, I've got a black magic Sharpie,...":

Satire from The Borowitz Report
Redaction of Mueller Report Halted as Barr Passes Out from Sharpie Fumes

By Andy Borowitz
April 8, 2019

WASHINGTON (The Borowitz Report)—The redaction of the Mueller report stalled on Monday after the Attorney General, William Barr, passed out from inhaling fumes from multiple Sharpie markers.

Barr, who had been working around the clock to redact the report before its release, reportedly lost consciousness while trying to black out a seventy-four-page section detailing Donald Trump, Jr.,’s contacts with more than three dozen Russian individuals.

“You cannot use that many Sharpies, for hours on end, without proper ventilation,” a Justice Department staffer, speaking on condition of anonymity, said. “This was a disaster waiting to happen.”

The insentient Barr was rushed to Walter Reed medical center, where a grim-faced hospital spokesperson described his condition as “Ben Carson–like.”

At the White House, the press secretary, Sarah Huckabee Sanders, offered a more upbeat assessment. “We expect Attorney General Barr to make a swift and full recovery, so that he can get to work on the President’s taxes,” she said.

https://www.newyorker.com/humor/borowitz-report/redaction-of-mueller-report-halted-as-barr-passes-out-from-sharpie-fumes

Feb 2019
here and there
Trump has got to be hoping that Barr is a better fixer than Cohen was.

Trump and Barr turning Mueller Report
into an Easter egg hunt
It is Holy Week, marking the series of events in Christianity between Palm Sunday and Easter Sunday. It is also the week we are likely to see the Barr Report, the redacted version of the Mueller Report that has been in the possession of Attorney General William Barr for a month of Sundays.​
Politically, submitting the Barr Report this week is an attempt to continue the campaign to stonewallthe Mueller Report to help Trump and hamper the truth. Congress is in recess this week, so members are not in Washington. As a result, it is harder to get their reaction to the Barr Report when they are spread across the cou​
...Clearly, this Mueller Report Easter egg hunt is designed by Trump and Barr to hide the truth from the American public.​
Anyone who knew anything about Barr before he became Attorney General isn’t surprised by this mission of deception. Long before he wrote the memo that is now the roadmap to protect Trump from the Mueller Report, Barr, in his previous tour as Attorney General, helped others avoid justice during Iran Gate by stonewalling and issuing pardons during the George H.W. Bush administration.​
Sound familiar? It is, in fact, the Trump-Barr playbook.​

More: Mary Anne Marsh: Trump and Barr turning Mueller Report into an Easter egg hunt
Great idea!

Just hide Easter eggs all over the Capital building with only one egg holding the reports.

Hilarious!