Trump and Barr turning Mueller Report into an Easter egg hunt

Dec 2016
Canada
Provide a link. The investigation was not a witch hunt. We have evidence of Russian ambassadors and meetings Trump knew about. You're dismissal of all of this evidence clearly shows just how ignorant you are. Unsurprisingly, looking at your past posts.
How many Israeli and Saudi ambassadors has Trump had meetings with? And if we followed the Cui Bono principle, it would be pretty damn obvious that Russia has in no way benefited from having Trump in power. You might be able to argue that Clinton would be worse, but be that as it may, Israel has sure as hell benefited from Trumpublican government! But, if there is one reason why the Democrats have wasted 2.5 years trying to frame up a Russian Collusion case, it's because going after his Israeli or Saudi connections would be lethal for their funding interests. So, why didn't they go after the obvious: violating the emoluments clause after taking office, or past financial scandals connected with New York real estate?

If you have real evidence of corruption, why are you bothering to make up a Russian conspiracy case? Except that this failed case, which has made fools of corporate liberal news, has successfully spawned a new cold war....providing the excuse for multibillion dollar war and arms spending that the 'War on Terror' couldn't do.

Dec 2016
Canada
You do understand Trump has nothing to do with the Mueller report, the Report is being prepared by Mueller an Barr.

OH never mind I forgot this is TDS Central.

Rosenstein: Barr isn't misleading anyone about Mueller report

Trumpalumpas cannot handle the truth. 30 million dollars 3 years of investigation, and No there, there.
It's the new WMD's cottage industry! Instead, this time it's mostly Democrats who are spinning yarns and looking for any dots they can connect between Trump and any Russians anywhere. Although there are a few Neocons in the Republican Party like Max Boot and David Frum, who argued WMD's to the end and likely only gave that one up when Russiagate provided new opportunities for them. And MSNBC, Bill Maher and CNN shows feature them and others as panelists, and never ask why they should be trusted this time, when they were wrong about Iraq! There's more cost to getting the story right, than there is for getting it wrong, but using the narrative to serve powerful interests who want the fake narratives kept in circulation.

Oct 2010
Colorado
I just have to say how thoroughly disappointed I am in Bill Barr. I listened to his confirmation hearing and was convinced that he was SOLID--thinking for himself--interested in real truth. Boy was I wrong. He deserves an Oscar for Best Actor in a starring role. Beautifully played, Bill.
AND he strung me along until.......the "I THINK there was spying". AND it wasn't just the words. It was his body language. It was almost as if he really DID NOT want to say the words--like he wasn't quite sure he SHOULD say the words---THEN HE DID.

I couldn't believe it. I have no idea what his relationship with Trump is, but whatever it is, Barr must be caught in a trap.

Are these people (and there are so many) SOOO desperate?? Are they so frantic for fame or power or approval? I swear. Some of these folks would take a bullet for Trump......and I'll never understand that kind of fealty.
I do agree with your perception. Forwarded to the spot where he says it.

Dec 2016
Canada
Trump has got to be hoping that Barr is a better fixer than Cohen was.

Trump and Barr turning Mueller Report
into an Easter egg hunt
It is Holy Week, marking the series of events in Christianity between Palm Sunday and Easter Sunday. It is also the week we are likely to see the Barr Report, the redacted version of the Mueller Report that has been in the possession of Attorney General William Barr for a month of Sundays.​
Politically, submitting the Barr Report this week is an attempt to continue the campaign to stonewallthe Mueller Report to help Trump and hamper the truth. Congress is in recess this week, so members are not in Washington. As a result, it is harder to get their reaction to the Barr Report when they are spread across the cou​
...Clearly, this Mueller Report Easter egg hunt is designed by Trump and Barr to hide the truth from the American public.​
Anyone who knew anything about Barr before he became Attorney General isn’t surprised by this mission of deception. Long before he wrote the memo that is now the roadmap to protect Trump from the Mueller Report, Barr, in his previous tour as Attorney General, helped others avoid justice during Iran Gate by stonewalling and issuing pardons during the George H.W. Bush administration.​
Sound familiar? It is, in fact, the Trump-Barr playbook.​

More: Mary Anne Marsh: Trump and Barr turning Mueller Report into an Easter egg hunt
It's not lost on me that Mueller, James Comey and Bill Barr are all friends and have known each other, and worked with each other for decades as they worked their way up the FBI, Justice Dept. and helped each other picking the best law firms and private contractors to work for in between agency assignments to advance their career trajectories. So, if you expected that Robert Mueller was the G-man portrayed in fawning, gushing liberal memes, and would not just raise your hopes/then let you down after collecting a shitload of money by prolonging an investigation that should have wrapped up in six months at best, then that makes you the deluded fool.

Oct 2010
Colorado
How many Israeli and Saudi ambassadors has Trump had meetings with? And if we followed the Cui Bono principle, it would be pretty damn obvious that Russia has in no way benefited from having Trump in power. You might be able to argue that Clinton would be worse, but be that as it may, Israel has sure as hell benefited from Trumpublican government! But, if there is one reason why the Democrats have wasted 2.5 years trying to frame up a Russian Collusion case, it's because going after his Israeli or Saudi connections would be lethal for their funding interests. So, why didn't they go after the obvious: violating the emoluments clause after taking office, or past financial scandals connected with New York real estate?

If you have real evidence of corruption, why are you bothering to make up a Russian conspiracy case? Except that this failed case, which has made fools of corporate liberal news, has successfully spawned a new cold war....providing the excuse for multibillion dollar war and arms spending that the 'War on Terror' couldn't do.
You paint Putin as reacting to liberal fake news. And I don't understand why you ignore the enmity between Hillary and Vlad.

You demean Putin. Things have been going his way for a while. He's flexed military muscle. upgraded weapons, planes, missile systems. He's got RMIC friends, for sure, and Russians have an understandable security fixation, for sure.

In no way am I defending the pathological sums the US spends on security, the military. I believe that under the current leaders, Russia could be counted upon to build up its military, and to use the threat of military force to influence its neighbors. For now, it's the Kremlin's MO, not a reaction to the liberal fake media.

Dec 2016
Canada
You paint Putin as reacting to liberal fake news. And I don't understand why you ignore the enmity between Hillary and Vlad.
I don't know how important that enmity is, but if Vlad..the former KGB chief who took over the disaster left by Yeltsin is as shrewd as so many on every side believe, then I expect that he would have been able to size up Donald Trump very early on also. He would likely have determined that both of these actors were essentially incompetent (Donald...by a quick scan of his bankruptcies, inattention to detail and impulsive narcissistic drives/Hillary for...all of the stupid moves she and her followers like Susan Rice pushed through at the State Dept. especially the Libyan Air War that Obama's top policy advisers were against). If Putin understands how the US Government functions (and he likely does much better than the US understands Russia or any other foreign state), then he knows that US presidents are captive to their top advisers on most things except for a few pet projects that they want to get done and leave as their Legacy.

My contention is that Russia has about 1/10th the economic and military power as the US, and has to use Russia's economic, political and especially military influence carefully and wisely....certainly not in the way that a vainglorious clown like Trump is carrying on with!
You demean Putin. Things have been going his way for a while. He's flexed military muscle. upgraded weapons, planes, missile systems. He's got RMIC friends, for sure, and Russians have an understandable security fixation, for sure.
Yeah, I was about to get into that! Russia (and China also) is upgrading its weapons systems in the smart/not stupid way like Washington has been doing for many decades now, ever since it has been held captive by the major weapons makers. Donald Rumsfeld may not have been good for anything else, but the reason why he was one of the few top advisers fired out the door in Bush 2's first term in office was because he started demanding audits and proper systems analysis of all the expensive crap that the DOD was expected to purchase...including next generation stealth fighter jets and even new aircraft carriers. Put it this way, you won't find out how good these F-35's, Patriot missile systems or the risks of new carriers being added are until the US is engaged in a real shooting war with a real enemy capable of destroying them! Off the top, if the Patriot anti-missile missiles were any good, why would Turkey be risking getting turfed out of NATO by buying Russia's new S-400 anti-missile system? The F-35's...which seem to crash on a regular basis and still aren't fully ready for service, have been described by one negative air force general as "a collection of spare parts that we try to keep air-worthy." And the giant Navy that rules the world's oceans like the British Navy of the 19th century, has accumulated many skeptics for years because giant aircraft carriers and their entourage of support craft are big floating targets for new generation high speed anti-ship missiles, that even the Iranians have been designing and building in the past 20 years. The British found out with the sinking of the Sheffield during the 1979 Falklands War with Argentina, that all it takes is one hit, and the ship and all of its contents ends up sinking to the bottom of the ocean! So, most of the expert pundits I've come across for a number of years have said that missile technology provides more bang for the buck than ships, planes and tanks, and will make invasions and sieges by aggressive empires imposing their will by force harder to carry out in the coming years.

And, along with "flexing" military muscle, the US has made it possible for Russia to become an arms merchant also and get into the lucrative weapons supplying business themselves to the many nations who are getting sick of US/NATO threats against them!

In no way am I defending the pathological sums the US spends on security, the military. I believe that under the current leaders, Russia could be counted upon to build up its military, and to use the threat of military force to influence its neighbors. For now, it's the Kremlin's MO, not a reaction to the liberal fake media.
Does Russia = Putin or Putin = Russia? Anyway, I have no doubt that one key aspect of Putin's success in holding on to power and maintaining declining/but still majority support in Russia is because most Russians are aware of the NATO encroachment on their borders...that was never supposed to happen back when Yeltsin made his deals with Bush One and Clinton. As well, they have proof that there has been a US..by way of the CIA - hand in rise of Islamist Al Qaeda affiliated separatist militias in the Southern Caucuses autonomous zones and neighboring former Soviet republics next to Afghanistan. A lot of Russians would like a better option than the kind of corporate governance that is just a smaller version of what's happening in the west, and hasn't improved economic conditions for average working Russians. But, all Vlad has to do is remind the people during the election season of their foreign threats and few voters are willing to risk damaging a system that at least keeps them safe, by ending up with a different government that would be unstable and unable to keep the country together.

Last edited: