Trump And Rep. Want To Give These Fools More $$$

Jun 2013
Ohio
The military is ripping off the taxpayers while Trump and the Republicans just want to keep the gravy train rolling along.

U.S. Army fudged its accounts by trillions of dollars, auditor finds

(Reuters) - The United States Army’s finances are so jumbled it had to make trillions of dollars of improper accounting adjustments to create an illusion that its books are balanced.

The Defense Department’s Inspector General, in a June report, said the Army made $2.8 trillion in wrongful adjustments to accounting entries in one quarter alone in 2015, and $6.5 trillion for the year. Yet the Army lacked receipts and invoices to support those numbers or simply made them up.

As a result, the Army’s financial statements for 2015 were “materially misstated,” the report concluded. The “forced” adjustments rendered the statements useless because “DoD and Army managers could not rely on the data in their accounting systems when making management and resource decisions.”

Disclosure of the Army’s manipulation of numbers is the latest example of the severe accounting problems plaguing the Defense Department for decades.
U.S. Army fudged its accounts by trillions of dollars, auditor finds | Reuters

Reactions: 2 people
Jun 2012
Barsoom
I am curious how the Army made $6.5 trillion in wrongful adjustments in 2015 when the total US budget was $3.9 trillion in 2015 and the total Department of Defense budget was less than $1 trillion.

Apr 2013
The Milky Way
I am curious how the Army made $6.5 trillion in wrongful adjustments in 2015 when the total US budget was $3.9 trillion in 2015 and the total Department of Defense budget was less than $1 trillion.

Hmmmmmm.

Jun 2013
Ohio
Reading is fundamental;

The Defense Department’s Inspector General, in a June report, said the Army made $2.8 trillion in wrongful adjustments to accounting entries in one quarter alone in 2015, and $6.5 trillion for the year.

Reactions: 1 person
Jun 2012
Barsoom
Reading is fundamental;

May 2016
Anywhereiam, USA
The military is ripping off the taxpayers while Trump and the Republicans just want to keep the gravy train rolling along.
What the right wing nut jobs consider cutting our military is in reality finding and cutting the pork and corruption.

Apr 2013
The Milky Way

Hmmmmmmm.

Jun 2013
Ohio
Hmmmmmmm.

Why is it, much like the Veterans Administratiion, that Right wingers don't know the difference between an operating budget and a capital budget ? The Inspector General of the Defense Department knows the difference. The Army does own trillions in equipment procured over the years. They just can't account for it. When an Inspector General speaks, Right wingers listen. That is, as long as it's politically convenient for you to listen.

Reactions: 2 people
Jun 2012
Barsoom
Why is it, much like the Veterans Administratiion, that Right wingers don't know the difference between an operating budget and a capital budget ? The Inspector General of the Defense Department knows the difference. The Army does own trillions in equipment procured over the years. They just can't account for it. When an Inspector General speaks, Right wingers listen. That is, as long as it's politically convenient for you to listen.
What I want to know is how did the army lose 55 years worth of their budget in one year. How can all the money from 1960 to 2015 be missing?

Reactions: 1 person
Dec 2013
Beware of watermelons
I'm curious, why is the title about "trump and the rep." When it is common knowledge that Clinton is a war mongering neocon?