Trump attacks McCain. Trump "... didn't go to Vietnam 'until he was in his 70s' with 'Secret Service protection'"

Nov 2005
California
My all-time favorite out of this article:
"No one will ever love you (Trump) the way they loved my father," McCain's daughter, Meghan, tweeted on Saturday.​

CNN anchor Ana Cabrera on Sunday called out President Trump for failing to go to Vietnam until he was equipped with "Secret Service protection" after the president renewed his attacks against late Sen. John McCain (R-Ariz.).

Cabrera made the comments while noting that Trump has yet to forcefully denounce white supremacy in light of the mosque shootings that left dozens dead in New Zealand.

"The president did use his direct line to the American people to take more cheap shots at an American war hero who's not even alive to defend himself," Cabrera said on "CNN Newsroom." "Trump again slamming the late senator John McCain today, he says, for trying to derail his run for the presidency in 2016."

Cabrera noted that the attacks from Trump caused one of his allies, Sen. Lindsey Graham (R-S.C.), to defend McCain as "one of the most consequential senators" in U.S. history.

"Clearly not a position held by the president, who did, to his credit, go to Vietnam, although not until he was in his 70s and with Secret Service protection," Cabrera added, apparently referencing Trump's military record as well as the recent summit in Vietnam between Trump and North Korean leader Kim Jong Un.

Trump railed against McCain on multiple occasions over the weekend after reports surfaced that one of the then-senator's associates had shared a dossier of allegations about Trump's ties to Russia with the media.

"So it was indeed (just proven in court papers) 'last in his class' (Annapolis) John McCain that sent the Fake Dossier to the FBI and Media hoping to have it printed BEFORE the Election," Trump tweeted on Sunday. "He & the Dems, working together, failed (as usual). Even the Fake News refused this garbage!"

The tweets prompted widespread criticism almost immediately.

"As to @SenJohnMcCain and his devotion to his country: He stepped forward to risk his life for his country, served honorably under difficult circumstances, and was one of the most consequential senators in the history of the body," Graham said on Twitter shortly after Trump's latest attack on Sunday. "Nothing about his service will ever be changed or diminished."
CNN anchor hits Trump: He didn't go to Vietnam 'until he was in his 70s' with 'Secret Service protection'

It always amazes me how Trump shows his bully side, like in this case by attacking a man who is dead...

Apr 2014
Heart of America
"No one will ever love you (Trump) the way they loved my father," McCain's daughter, Meghan, tweeted on Saturday.​

CNN anchor hits Trump: He didn't go to Vietnam 'until he was in his 70s' with 'Secret Service protection'

It always amazes me how Trump shows his bully side, like in this case by attacking a man who is dead...
Just more evidence Trump is a lowlife douchebag. Agreed, attacking a dead man is a new low. Personally, I think the 25th Amendment should come into play. I think Trump has mental issues.

Dec 2015
Arizona
And his supporters say???? AND his base says???? Who in their right mind would vote for this disgusting excuse for a human being?

Nov 2014
Florida

What does Vietnam have to do with McCain's useless time in congress. A real hero does not rely on his hero status for his career

Dec 2013
Beware of watermelons
Bull the BS rhetoric aside

The president of the United States went on a twitter tirade to attack a dead senator and war veteran. If I have to keep reminding people, I will.

THIS. IS. NOT. NORMAL
... but it is awesome

finished it for ya

Nov 2005
California
What does Vietnam have to do with McCain's useless time in congress. A real hero does not rely on his hero status for his career
Where did McCain do that? Where did he rely on his "hero status" for his career?

For the reading impaired, it wasn't McCain (now deceased) who brought up Vietnam here. It was Ana Cabrera.

But more directly, do you think there is anything wrong with Trump's attack on McCain?

... but it is awesome
Who could have predicted that a troll would think this trollish move was "awesome"... :rolleyes:

Nov 2014
Florida
Where did McCain do that? Where did he rely on his "hero status" for his career?

For the reading impaired, it wasn't McCain (now deceased) who brought up Vietnam here. It was Ana Cabrera.

But more directly, do you think there is anything wrong with Trump's attack on McCain?

Who could have predicted that a troll would think this trollish move was "awesome"... :rolleyes:
His whole career. That is all we ever heard is how McCain was a POW

McCain’s Deathbed Secret Just Came Out About The Horrifying Thing He Did To Men He Was In Captivity With - Conservative US

https://www.reddit.com/r/MurderedByWords/comments/99zsn9
John McCain was pardoned for treason

Last edited: