Trump concealing details of Putin meeting

Jun 2018
South Dakota
I have a better idea. Lets get BarryO and ol hairplugs in a Senate investigation on corruption in their admin and make them reveal all their conversations while they were in office. Hows that?

In usual liberal stupidity their need to bash Trump will cause more pain for them than for anyone else on the planet. I'd really like to get the transcripts of that conversation where he told the Russian Prez that he'd be able to do more after the election.
Be careful what you wish for, breaking the seal on Executive privilege will destroy your party.

We could order up a special council and investigate al the sordid deals they must have done. Start with all the docs in his future library particularly those under seal til after hes dead etc. A couple of years of investigating ought to do it.

Last edited:
Oct 2010
Colorado
I have a better idea. Lets get BarryO and ol hairplugs in a Senate investigation on corruption in their admin and make them reveal all their conversations while they were in office. Hows that?

In usual liberal stupidity their need to bash Trump will cause more pain for them than for anyone else on the planet. I'd really like to get the transcripts of that conversation where he told the Russian Prez that he'd be able to do more after the election.
Be careful what you wish for, breaking the seal on Executive privilege will destroy your party.

We could order up a special council and investigate al the sordid deals they must have done. Start with all the docs in his future library particularly those under seal til after hes dead etc. A couple of years of investigating ought to do it.
Textbook whataboutism. You've got it down. But by the way, the Rs held Congress, the presidency, and the SC and didn't do as you outlined. Why is that?

Jun 2018
South Dakota
Textbook whataboutism. You've got it down. But by the way, the Rs held Congress, the presidency, and the SC and didn't do as you outlined. Why is that?
The actions I outlined are examples of what can be done if the Dems break the seal on executive privilege. Republicans respect that and most likely will until precedent is set by the Dems. That's their modus operandi as demonstrated by their actions after Harry Reids rule change to pass Obamacare, Bidens threat to change the rules etc. https://www.briansussman.com/politics/how-obamacare-became-law/
The way the rules were changed to pass Obamacare and it's mostly complete failure i'm surprised the Reps havn't taken more actions in changing the rules. They seem to have the long run certainty of the opposing party gaining power in mind rather than a short term win.

Oct 2010
Colorado
The actions I outlined are examples of what can be done if the Dems break the seal on executive privilege. Republicans respect that and most likely will until precedent is set by the Dems. That's their modus operandi as demonstrated by their actions after Harry Reids rule change to pass Obamacare, Bidens threat to change the rules etc. How Obamacare Became Law - Brian Sussman
The way the rules were changed to pass Obamacare and it's mostly complete failure i'm surprised the Reps havn't taken more actions in changing the rules. They seem to have the long run certainty of the opposing party gaining power in mind rather than a short term win.
Your argument is that the Rs are the good guys, and the Ds are the bad guys, and as long as the Ds are cool the Rs will let the Ds get away with being the bad guys, and that's why the Rs are the good guys.

Nuts.

Dec 2015
Arizona
This is really causing a stir. I know the Democrats tried to subpoena one or more of the translators and the Republicans blocked them. Now that they control the House, I assume they can do it now.

And it just keeps getting better and better.

Didn't we discuss this AT LENGTH, at the time?? Right here on DTT.
We had several threads and in more than one thread we talked about the fact that there would be NO witnesses and TWO interpreters. When we found out that not a single American would be in that room with Putin and Trump we hit the ceiling because......we ..... KNEW....the outcome. AND here we are.

From WaPo:
There are no detailed records of five personal meetings President Donald Trump has had with Russian President Vladimir Putin, The Washington Post reported Saturday, citing US officials.
Trump has gone to what the Post described as "extraordinary lengths" to keep the specifics of his conversations with his Russian counterpart under wraps.
Current and former US officials told the paper that Trump's efforts include confiscating the notes from his interpreter and not allowing them to discuss the details of the meetings with other officials in his administration.