Trump doesn't want to take part!

RNG

Forum Staff
Apr 2013
La La Land North
What do you think the reactions of the GOOPERS would have been if Hillary had told them to stuff it in a like manner in response to any of the seven subpoenas she was served for the useless, money wasting circus often called the BENGHAZI hearings?

Jul 2019
Georgia
Good for Trump. Make those assholes vote.
they don't want a vote

if Nancy calls their bluff and holds a vote, she's got the votes, Reps on the fence will be forced to make a decision, and Reps who vote against it will be on record, which could hurt them in the next election

and it will make their whole premise of "this is unprecedented" invalid

she might do it. but I think she's focused on getting the nation's biggest national security threat out of office.

Apr 2019
America
they don't want a vote

if Nancy calls their bluff and holds a vote, she's got the votes, Reps on the fence will be forced to make a decision, and Reps who vote against it will be on record, which could hurt them in the next election

and it will make their whole premise of "this is unprecedented" invalid

she might do it. but I think she's focused on getting the nation's biggest national security threat out of office.
That is not the reason they won't vote. Democrats are using every advantage the majority gives them. Republican congress members are completely cut out. It is unfair because they can't win fair.

Jul 2019
Georgia
That is not the reason they won't vote. Democrats are using every advantage the majority gives them. Republican congress members are completely cut out. It is unfair because they can't win fair.
Some Republicans don't want a vote either. That would put them on record, for or against, which could hurt them in 2020.

Reactions: intangible child
Dec 2015
Arizona
What a little bitch!

Question: What's wrong with this picture? Answer: Everything.
Let's start with ONE MORE Trump devotee who paid for a spot on Trump's team, Sondland. $1 million for the post he's currently holding. Want to bet that he regrets it? His life is about to be shredded. Let's call THAT "The Trump Effect".
Next, the damning text messages between Bill Taylor and Sondland--the diplomat and Trump's guy, who paid to play The Ambassador.
The texts go something like this:
So “Are we now saying that security assistance and WH meeting are conditioned on investigations?” Taylor texted Sondland on September 1. (Uh, yes, Bill. I believe that's exactly what Trump wants.)
AND after a day of texting Sondland suddenly wants to wrap things up so he says: Call me,” Sondland responded.
Why? I'll tell you why. Because the last thing Sondland WANTS is for these text messages to become public.
Why? Because in between the texts he's been advised (by the WH) to avoid ANYTHING IN WRITING that can be used in an investigation.
A week later, Taylor was even more concerned, texting Sondland: “As I said on the phone, I think it’s crazy to withhold security assistance for help with a political campaign.”
Sondland responded, “Bill, I believe you are incorrect (HAAA) about President Trump’s intentions. The President has been crystal clear no quid pro quos of any kind. The President is trying to evaluate whether Ukraine is truly going to adopt the transparency and reforms that President Zelensky promised during his campaign.”

Sondland then (drops the mic) suggests that if Taylor had additional concerns, he should reach out to Secretary of State Mike Pompeo’s assistant handler.
Sondland got his instructions but it's too late. He's already "caught" texting. AND his next instructions (while he's in FLIGHT) are to keep his trap shut.
The hole Team Trump is digging just got much deeper.

Jul 2019
Georgia
Question: What's wrong with this picture? Answer: Everything.
Let's start with ONE MORE Trump devotee who paid for a spot on Trump's team, Sondland. $1 million for the post he's currently holding. Want to bet that he regrets it? His life is about to be shredded. Let's call THAT "The Trump Effect".
Next, the damning text messages between Bill Taylor and Sondland--the diplomat and Trump's guy, who paid to play The Ambassador.
The texts go something like this:
So “Are we now saying that security assistance and WH meeting are conditioned on investigations?” Taylor texted Sondland on September 1. (Uh, yes, Bill. I believe that's exactly what Trump wants.)
AND after a day of texting Sondland suddenly wants to wrap things up so he says: Call me,” Sondland responded.
Why? I'll tell you why. Because the last thing Sondland WANTS is for these text messages to become public.
Why? Because in between the texts he's been advised (by the WH) to avoid ANYTHING IN WRITING that can be used in an investigation.
A week later, Taylor was even more concerned, texting Sondland: “As I said on the phone, I think it’s crazy to withhold security assistance for help with a political campaign.”
Sondland responded, “Bill, I believe you are incorrect (HAAA) about President Trump’s intentions. The President has been crystal clear no quid pro quos of any kind. The President is trying to evaluate whether Ukraine is truly going to adopt the transparency and reforms that President Zelensky promised during his campaign.”

Sondland then (drops the mic) suggests that if Taylor had additional concerns, he should reach out to Secretary of State Mike Pompeo’s assistant handler.
Sondland got his instructions but it's too late. He's already "caught" texting. AND his next instructions (while he's in FLIGHT) are to keep his trap shut.
The hole Team Trump is digging just got much deeper.
and Sondland contacted the WH before his "trump didn't do anything wrong" response. it took him 4 hours to respond.

Sondland has been officially subpoenaed so let's see what happens next.

Dec 2015
Arizona
and Sondland contacted the WH before his "trump didn't do anything wrong" response. it took him 4 hours to respond.

Sondland has been officially subpoenaed so let's see what happens next.

The second I read this: Sondland--"The President has been crystal clear no quid pro quos of any kind." I KNEW that was Trump-speak. "NO QUID PRO QUOS of any kind". AND the GOP is being coached to say the same thing. The same exact words. Don't you find that unusual? That every single GOP response has been exactly the same.
COACHED.