'Trump has hijacked the election': House Republicans in panic mode

imaginethat

Forum Staff
Oct 2010
Colorado
Awwwwww...................

'Trump has hijacked the election':
House Republicans in panic mode
...Two days out from an expected Democratic takeover of the House, Republicans focused on the chamber are profoundly worried that Trump’s obsession with all things immigration will exacerbate their losses. Many of these same Republicans welcomed Trump’s initial talk about the migrant caravan and border security two weeks ago, hoping it would gin up the GOP base in some at-risk, Republican-held districts.​
But they now fear Trump went overboard — and that it could cost them dearly in key suburban districts, from Illinois to Texas. Many of them have cringed at Trump’s threats to unilaterally end birthright citizenship, as well as his recent racially-tinged ad suggesting that immigrants are police killers. The president's drumbeat, they say, is drowning out news any incumbent president would be negligent not to dwell on: that the economy added a quarter-million jobs last quarter, and unemployment is below 4 percent.​
“Trump has hijacked the election,” said one senior House Republican aide of Trump's focus on immigration. “This is not what we expected the final weeks of the election to focus on.”​

Nov 2012
Lebanon, TN
I don't know the outcome of Tuesday night.. But I am going to enjoy your breakdown if GOP holds the house and gain in the senate.

But, the difference in you and me if the Dems take the house, Wed. Afternoon I will awake and go into work just like any other day..

Because why.. I am not a hate filled human being.

imaginethat

Forum Staff
Oct 2010
Colorado
I don't know the outcome of Tuesday night.. But I am going to enjoy your breakdown if GOP holds the house and gain in the senate.

But, the difference in you and me if the Dems take the house, Wed. Afternoon I will awake and go into work just like any other day..

Because why.. I am not a hate filled human being.
You believe yourself to be an elite, you declare it,, and you constantly make the "hate" charge.

You've set yourself up for a "big correction."

Nov 2012
Lebanon, TN
You're believe yourself to be an elite, you declare it,, and you constantly make the "hate" charge.

You're believe yourself to be an elite, you declare it,, and you constantly make the "hate" charge.

No, I don't believe myself Elite.. I am just a working Stiff from a mixed race family living a simple life in small town in TN.

you may be right.. (But I was also laughed at by RNG and other TDSers when I made a statement another forum)

My head is telling me this election is going to be a Clinton landslide, but my Gut is telling me that Trump is going to win."

I RNGs words were Paraphrase because I don't remember the exact quote, "it's gas"

I think it is going to be a small majority could be either Dem or GOP.. I don't think the wave is upon us.

Dec 2015
Arizona
Awwwwww...................

'Trump has hijacked the election':
House Republicans in panic mode
...Two days out from an expected Democratic takeover of the House, Republicans focused on the chamber are profoundly worried that Trump’s obsession with all things immigration will exacerbate their losses. Many of these same Republicans welcomed Trump’s initial talk about the migrant caravan and border security two weeks ago, hoping it would gin up the GOP base in some at-risk, Republican-held districts.​
But they now fear Trump went overboard — and that it could cost them dearly in key suburban districts, from Illinois to Texas. Many of them have cringed at Trump’s threats to unilaterally end birthright citizenship, as well as his recent racially-tinged ad suggesting that immigrants are police killers. The president's drumbeat, they say, is drowning out news any incumbent president would be negligent not to dwell on: that the economy added a quarter-million jobs last quarter, and unemployment is below 4 percent.​
“Trump has hijacked the election,” said one senior House Republican aide of Trump's focus on immigration. “This is not what we expected the final weeks of the election to focus on.”​

Trump is doing what Trump always does.....and the GOP congress is surprised? Now that's funny and pathetic. This Congress KNOWS (and have known for years) that Trump is an unfiltered, undisciplined, unpredictable, unmanageable, and unstable gold-plated phony. They knew it when he announced his candidacy. They knew it when he was nominated. They hated every minute of his campaigning and SAID SO. But now....the House Republicans are in panic mode??

The majority of Trump's trips have been to just nine states. They are Ohio, Pennsylvania, Tennessee, Florida, Missouri, Montana, Indiana, West Virginia and Nevada. The counties he has visited have certain things in common: Lower incomes, fewer college degrees and WHITE. When Trump visited my home state of Wisconsin, he went to Mosinee, WI....Mosinee?? Ever heard of it?? No? Neither has anyone else except Wisconsinites. I asked my Wis peeps WHY and they all said Trump's base resides in that county. In other words, they were going to VOTE RED even if Trump didn't rally there. Immigration is NOT *IS NOT* an issue in Wisconsin but you can bet he preached it. He shouted it and he got the applause he wanted.