Trump has wanted Soleimani dead for a while

Jul 2019
Georgia
sounds less and less like an imminent threat

trump had never heard of Soleimani in 2015 (or the Qud forces he led)

Within 5 months of taking office, he raised the possibility of killing him. This makes me wonder who put that bug in his ear. Putin? UAE? MBS? Bibi?

apparently Mattis and some other competent guys in the admin quelled the notion back then, but now he's surrounded by hawks (namely Pompeo)

~~~~

trump authorized the killing of Soleimani 7 months ago, if any of Iran's actions resulted in the death of any Americans (which for some reason I was told by the trumpers here that tons of Americans have already been killed by him?)

anyway

Last edited:

RNG

Forum Staff
Apr 2013
La La Land North
Both WaPo and NYT reporters are tweeting that Trump decided to assassinate Soliemani at least 7 months ago. I can't link the stories because of the paywall.

Jul 2019
Georgia
Both WaPo and NYT reporters are tweeting that Trump decided to assassinate Soliemani at least 7 months ago. I can't link the stories because of the paywall.
yes he authorized it 7 months ago

he's been talking about it since 5 months into his presidency (after admitting in 2015 he hadn't heard of Soleimani)

5 months into his presidency would be right after the Russians visited the Oval Office to laugh about trump firing Comey

not sayin, just sayin

(Lavrov visited right before the assassination too)

Reactions: RNG