Trump hires only the worst people

imaginethat

Forum Staff
Oct 2010
Colorado
So many people have cycled in and out of Trump's administration that they sorta blur together, but when they are noted person by person, the list is staggering.

It’s hard to find good help these days.
During his campaign, President Trump boasted that he would “surround myself only with the best. ” But by his own account, his administration attracts rather the opposite.
On Saturday, Trump publicly mocked former attorney general Jeff Sessions, imitating his Southern accent: “The attorney general says, ‘I’m gonna recuse mah-self.’ ”
In the same speech, Trump discredited departing Deputy Attorney General Rod J. Rosenstein by saying the Trump-appointed official, whom the president accused last month of “planning a very illegal act,” had “never received a single vote.”
Last week, Trump said that soon-to-be-jailed Michael Cohen, once a “good person” and Trump’s personal attorney, had not only turned out to be a “failed lawyer” and a liar but was, by testifying to Congress about Trump, also partially to blame for the breakdown of nuclear talks with North Korea.
...The result of so much unhappiness with so many hires? After two years in the White House, Trump appears to be running not a country but a temp service.
He has found himself, for example, filling and refilling the roles of White House communications director six times, deputy national security adviser five times, national security adviser and health and human services secretary four times each, attorney general and White House chief of staff three times each and secretary of state, defense secretary and press secretary twice — among many other such moves, including the staffing of a rotating cast of defense lawyers.
More: https://www.washingtonpost.com/opin...4d6b7840b82_story.html?utm_term=.656eb1764b6b

Dec 2015
Arizona
So many people have cycled in and out of Trump's administration that they sorta blur together, but when they are noted person by person, the list is staggering.

It’s hard to find good help these days.
During his campaign, President Trump boasted that he would “surround myself only with the best. ” But by his own account, his administration attracts rather the opposite.
On Saturday, Trump publicly mocked former attorney general Jeff Sessions, imitating his Southern accent: “The attorney general says, ‘I’m gonna recuse mah-self.’ ”
In the same speech, Trump discredited departing Deputy Attorney General Rod J. Rosenstein by saying the Trump-appointed official, whom the president accused last month of “planning a very illegal act,” had “never received a single vote.”
Last week, Trump said that soon-to-be-jailed Michael Cohen, once a “good person” and Trump’s personal attorney, had not only turned out to be a “failed lawyer” and a liar but was, by testifying to Congress about Trump, also partially to blame for the breakdown of nuclear talks with North Korea.
...The result of so much unhappiness with so many hires? After two years in the White House, Trump appears to be running not a country but a temp service.
He has found himself, for example, filling and refilling the roles of White House communications director six times, deputy national security adviser five times, national security adviser and health and human services secretary four times each, attorney general and White House chief of staff three times each and secretary of state, defense secretary and press secretary twice — among many other such moves, including the staffing of a rotating cast of defense lawyers.
More: https://www.washingtonpost.com/opin...4d6b7840b82_story.html?utm_term=.656eb1764b6b

This is just one of many red flags---a revolving door of people (mostly men) who think they can "control" POTUS--think that THEY will be the exception. I'm sure some have USED the White House as their stairway to higher power only to find that they are just like all the rest AND I'm also sure that some are now looking back and thinking "Thank God I said NO to Trump."

I keep thinking of my friend who voted for Trump because even though he was so incredibly flawed HE would choose GOOD advisors....and look how THAT turned out.

Apr 2013
La La Land North
John Kelly gave a talk at Duke University and took some reporter's questions afterwards. It was interesting to say the least. Some soundbites.

Though he had once reportedly called his service for Trump “the least enjoyable job” he’d ever had, Kelly insisted that it was the most important one he’d held.

-~-

While Kelly said Wednesday he couldn’t answer questions about whether the president ordered him to grant Trump's son-in-law, Jared Kushner, a security clearance over the objections of intelligence officials, citing executive privilege, he notably diverged from Trump on his marquee campaign issue: immigration.

-~-

Kelly rebuked one of the president’s constant refrains about undocumented immigrants: That migrants who cross into the U.S. illegally are dangerous criminals and pose a serious threat. “They’re overwhelmingly not criminals,” Kelly said Wednesday. “They’re people coming up here for economic purposes. I don’t blame them for that.”

-~-

He also reiterated his position that a border wall spanning the entire U.S.-Mexico border would be a “waste of money,” despite overseeing the beginning of what would become the longest government shutdown in U.S. history over Trump’s demand that Congress fund such a project.
More at Kelly says a full border wall would be a 'waste of money'