Trump: "I'm an environmentalist"

Aug 2019
Albuquerque, NM
I don't think he knows what environmentalist is, I think he thinks its people that exploit the environment for profit at any expense

you can be an environmentalist and not agree with climate change.
You can roll back regulations that will accomplish nothing but harm business.
You can be pro-environment and realize confiscating everyone's money is about money, not the environment.
No you can't. Why does the right just worship the rich and greed, worship businesses that have destroyed this country with their greed?

Reactions: Clara007
Feb 2019
here and there
To not agree with climate change means rejecting known physical laws. Environmentalists cannot reject known physical laws.

Regulations that will accomplish nothing but harm business sound like a bad idea. What is an example of such a regulation?
Science essentially said that the Paris Accord was like putting a band aid on a cancer. It was all for show and hurt the US economically. Just look at how France backed off after their riots for higher gas prices.

In fact, I've yet to see a democrat proposal that science says will have a meaningful impact upon the environment. All that gets proposed are higher taxes, and for what exactly?

Besides, most of the damage is now done by China and India via carbon emissions and if the US loses its edge over China, they will take over everything. And guess what, they care about the environment about as much as they care about human rights.

imaginethat

Forum Staff
Oct 2010
Colorado
Science essentially said that the Paris Accord was like putting a band aid on a cancer. It was all for show and hurt the US economically. Just look at how France backed off after their riots for higher gas prices.

In fact, I've yet to see a democrat proposal that science says will have a meaningful impact upon the environment. All that gets proposed are higher taxes, and for what exactly?

Besides, most of the damage is now done by China and India via carbon emissions and if the US loses its edge over China, they will take over everything. And guess what, they care about the environment about as much as they care about human rights.
Science said.... You dismiss a first step toward carbon neutrality. Ridicule it. And do not provide anything that "science" said.

You've seen a Democratic proposal to have a meaningful impact, and you've dismissed that too.

Screen Shot 2019-08-26 at 3.39.09 PM.png

Yes, China could "take over everything," like the opportunities provided by renewable energy.

China Is Set To Become The World's Renewable Energy Superpower, According To New Report
The continuing growth in renewable energy around the world is set to boost the power of China while undermining the influence of major oil exporters such as Russia and Middle East states like Saudi Arabia, according to a new report on the geopolitical implications of the changing energy landscape.
With a leading position in renewable energy output as well as in related technologies such as electric vehicles, Beijing now finds itself in an influential position which other countries may struggle to counter.
...The report argues that the geopolitical and socio-economic consequences of the rapid growth of renewable energy could be as profound as those which accompanied the shift from biomass to fossil fuels two centuries ago. The changes are likely to include the emergence of new energy leaders around the world, changing patterns of trade and the development of new alliances. It could also spark instability in some countries which have grown dependent on oil and gas revenues.
...The report points out that China has taken a lead in renewable energy and is now the world’s largest producer, exporter and installer of solar panels, wind turbines, batteries and electric vehicles.
China also has a clear lead in terms of the underlying technology, with well over 150,000 renewable energy patents as of 2016, 29% of the global total. The next closest country is the U.S., which had a little over 100,000 patents, with Japan and the E.U. having closer to 75,000 patents each.

Yup.

China Is Set To Become The World's Renewable Energy Superpower, According To New Report

Reactions: Clara007 and se7en
Dec 2014
Memphis, Tn.
You can be pro-environment and realize confiscating everyone's money is about money, not the environment.

Fine, so tell me what pro-environment legislation has been pushed by the Trump administration.

Reactions: Clara007
Jul 2014
massachusetts
Actually, no you can't, you can't call yourself an environmentalist and deny the science, which is what Trump does

Last edited:
Reactions: imaginethat
Mar 2013
Middle Tennessee
Every time he says something you disagree with is no reason to do anything. I do not care what he says I care what he does.

So if your significant other LIED to you, 4, 5, 6, 10 times a day, almost every day, as long as they fulfilled what ever arrangement you have, you wouldn't care ??

Reactions: se7en and Clara007
Apr 2019
America
So if your significant other LIED to you, 4, 5, 6, 10 times a day, almost every day, as long as they fulfilled what ever arrangement you have, you wouldn't care ??
Getting something done is not an arrangement, it is an accomplishment.

Apr 2019
America
You didn't answer the question !!!! Would YOU care if your partner LIED as often as Trump does ???
I don't think he lies that often. The MSM can twist his words to fit their narrative. Basically it is an illusion, word games and repetition.