Trump Is A Symptom Of A Larger Problem

Dec 2016
Canada
Things were already horrible and most Americans were already treading water before Trump was elected. Trump is a Symptom of 40 years of NeoLiberalism and the Corporate Capture of the U.S. government. ..................................

Jun 2018
Toronto
Jimmy Dore is the closest thing to a russian paid troll I have seen on youtube. All he does is driving the moderate left into voting for populists, e.g. Trump.

You should have seen his videos in the weekend before the last US elections.

Nov 2005
California
I always have to laugh at threads like this which pretend to know the exact reason why 62,984,828 people voted for Trump. Also, it glosses over any reason why 65,853,514 voted for Clinton....

Regardless, when people stepped into the voting booth on November 8th, 2016, they had two effective choices. Trump or Clinton.
They weren't given a choice of saying "Vote for this candidate only if you reject neoliberalism".
They were essentially asked to select between two candidates and just two candidates.

Here's a poll which discusses the top concerns of voters in 2016.
Top voting issues in 2016 election
Without surprise, "neoliberalism" is not on that list. :rolleyes:

Jimmy Dore is the closest thing to a russian paid troll I have seen on youtube. All he does is driving the moderate left into voting for populists, e.g. Trump.
The very concept you just proposed is asinine.
Because a pundit (unelected person) shoots off his mouth, people are driven to vote for the party that opposes the pundit's ideology???
That's just stupid.

Jun 2018
Toronto
The very concept you just proposed is asinine.
Because a pundit (unelected person) shoots off his mouth, people are driven to vote for the party that opposes the pundit's ideology???
That's just stupid.
He always starts by saying something bad about Trump. Something silly, that nobody cares about: how small his hands are, something bad about Melania. Now he has your sympathy, immediately after that follows a long tirade full of BS about Obama and the Clintons and how bad they are and should never get your vote.

Stupids get fooled, yes.

Last edited:
Dec 2016
Canada

To that I say "fuck the moderate left," and I bet so does Jimmy! Because I know far more about his show, his comedy as well as his political trajectory, which 8 to 10 years ago was standard Liberal Democrat.

What happened was that after Obama took a golden opportunity...coming in to the White House with a Congress completely under Democratic control, and a perfect chance to reshape Wall Street and banking regulatory framework to benefit millions of homeowners across America, Big Oh didn't do shit! Most Dems were willing to just take his excuses and dodges crafted by friendly media at face value, but Jimmy was part of that minority who didn't. Many disillusioned rank and file Democrat voters just dropped out of politics after the same shit in 2012 and didn't show up for Hill in 2016, inspite of ugly female war criminals like Madelain Albright declaring that "every woman of voting age across America OWED Hillary their vote!" For reasons unknown to the Democratic side of the Washington Swamp, they weren't turning out in numbers expected! It must have been the Russians who told them and black voters to stay home!

As for Jimmy, as a subscriber, I noticed that on some of the premium edition episodes a few years back taking questions of Youtube etc., he mentioned stuff about his personal life history that put his rather late in life radicalism in perspective. It seems that he has been afflicted by a rare, congenital form of arthritis since at least age 30, which was causing his body not to absorb calcium....leading to bone loss. I forget a lot of the intermediate details, but going through a long process to get the proper diagnosis, his medical treatments and a couple of operations later, and he ended up a former millionaire cleaned out of his investments and savings, just lucky that the late 90's thru early 2000's had been so financially rewarding to him. For so many other Americans, a similar diagnosis means bankruptcy, early death, and crowdfunding for operations and medical costs are the #1 causes for GoFundMe campaigns. If America had a decent national medical plan, GoFundMe would probably be out of business!

So, Jimmy was wrapping up all of his major medical issues shit right around the time that the 2016 was just getting started, and no surprise, he was early on the Bernie Sanders bandwagon when the constant droning drumbeat was that it was Hillary's, and less committed or adventurous reformers ...like Liz Warren were badgered into staying away from any primaries by the power brokers who threatened to take away her rewards. Jimmy Dore and some of his political allies in California from the realms of standup comedy waded in deep. A former co-host and still producer and writer - Mark van Landuit, successfully ran as a Bernie delegate to get to the Convention in Philly. The shows started taking on the serious tone of campaign rallies as they attended as many Bernie rallies as possible, and van Landuit was doing videos and going on skype to join the Show while at the Convention. He gave some of the seamy, underhanded tactics....I think they call it 'making the sauce' or something....most of Bernie's delegates were just average blue collar types....many of whom didn't have the money to cough up after discovering the day before the Convention began that they had to buy a 3 or 4 day weekend package at an exclusive hotel, OR not be allowed on the Convention floor regardless of their credentials. So, the better off Bernie supporters ( I think Bernie's campaign organizer - Norm Solomon had to scramble to take on this cause also) had to do their own crowdfunding campaign to make sure everyone got in. Then, there were the other horror stories of the Convention....turning down the lights on the Bernie side of the room and turning on sound cannons to drown out the boos when some fucking general was taking the stage as a keynote speaker. Many Sanders supporters were angered by a promise they had been given by Norm after Hillary's acclamation, that they would at least fight for a floor vote to nominate a candidate (expected to be Bernie Sanders of course). All for naught as we're all aware these dog and pony shows end.

But most of Jimmy's friends....like van Landuit and everyone at the Young Turks Youtube channel, Jimmy's sideline job), especially their their boss - Cenk Yugur, were rallying behind the Queen after Bernie got up and repeated the standard perfunctory closing Democrat mantra: it's over, now everyone needs to rally around X because the Republican choice is so horrible and we have to defeat him. Same shit every four years like clockwork. Awhile back, I posted a thread about an editorial by Black Agenda Report's Bruce Dixon, calling Bernie Sanders a "Sheepdog" candidate.....either willingly or unwittingly allowing himself to be used as the tool to keep any disgruntled radicals on the left from completely bolting the Democratic (in name only) Party, after Bernie did the usual shtick of getting on stage with victorious Hillary and declaring his unqualified support, as well as imploring his supporters and followers to do likewise. And let's just say that Jimmy Dore was among a minority who bolted the Party and for a little while there, raised Green Party support numbers to 6%.

I think this is when Jimmy's independent show really took off and started gathering listeners and viewers. Because the left in America has been so successfully divided and confused by all of the baffling bullshit that gets thrown at us on a daily basis. All many people know is: my life is SHIT....I'm working longer and longer hours for less money, while all of my expenses are rising....why is so much money going to military spending when it's almost impossible to drive down our streets and highways...and I'm getting afraid to cross our bridges, that are rusting out, I have to pay a penalty (thank you Obama for renaming Romneycare) because I can't afford to pay for the monthly premiums for bullshit healthcare plans with deductibles so high they're not worth bothering with!

So, I'll end here saying all of you old tea-sipping upper middle class liberals and conservatives are clueless because you live in protective bubbles built and maintained on a daily basis by corporate-owned media, but Jimmy Dore is one of the few uneducated/but quick thinking comics who's able to cut through the bullshit and clutter and get to the heart of many issues that give a lot of people who've never picked up books on poly-sci, sociology, or economics, who want to understand why everything is so fucked up, and why answers given seem so incomplete and vacuous!

Last edited:

imaginethat

Forum Staff
Oct 2010
Colorado
To that I say "fuck the moderate left," and I bet so does Jimmy! Because I know far more about his show, his comedy as well as his political trajectory, which 8 to 10 years ago was standard Liberal Democrat.

What happened was that after Obama took a golden opportunity...coming in to the White House with a Congress completely under Democratic control, and a perfect chance to reshape Wall Street and banking regulatory framework to benefit millions of homeowners across America, Big Oh didn't do shit! Most Dems were willing to just take his excuses and dodges crafted by friendly media at face value, but Jimmy was part of that minority who didn't. Many disillusioned rank and file Democrat voters just dropped out of politics after the same shit in 2012 and didn't show up for Hill in 2016, inspite of ugly female war criminals like Madelain Albright declaring that "every woman of voting age across America OWED Hillary their vote!" For reasons unknown to the Democratic side of the Washington Swamp, they weren't turning out in numbers expected! It must have been the Russians who told them and black voters to stay home!

As for Jimmy, as a subscriber, I noticed that on some of the premium edition episodes a few years back taking questions of Youtube etc., he mentioned stuff about his personal life history that put his rather late in life radicalism in perspective. It seems that he has been afflicted by a rare, congenital form of arthritis since at least age 30, which was causing his body not to absorb calcium....leading to bone loss. I forget a lot of the intermediate details, but going through a long process to get the proper diagnosis, his medical treatments and a couple of operations later, and he ended up a former millionaire cleaned out of his investments and savings, just lucky that the late 90's thru early 2000's had been so financially rewarding to him. For so many other Americans, a similar diagnosis means bankruptcy, early death, and crowdfunding for operations and medical costs are the #1 causes for GoFundMe campaigns. If America had a decent national medical plan, GoFundMe would probably be out of business!

So, Jimmy was wrapping up all of his major medical issues shit right around the time that the 2016 was just getting started, and no surprise, he was early on the Bernie Sanders bandwagon when the constant droning drumbeat was that it was Hillary's, and less committed or adventurous reformers ...like Liz Warren were badgered into staying away from any primaries by the power brokers who threatened to take away her rewards. Jimmy Dore and some of his political allies in California from the realms of standup comedy waded in deep. A former co-host and still producer and writer - Mark van Landuit, successfully ran as a Bernie delegate to get to the Convention in Philly. The shows started taking on the serious tone of campaign rallies as they attended as many Bernie rallies as possible, and van Landuit was doing videos and going on skype to join the Show while at the Convention. He gave some of the seamy, underhanded tactics....I think they call it 'making the sauce' or something....most of Bernie's delegates were just average blue collar types....many of whom didn't have the money to cough up after discovering the day before the Convention began that they had to buy a 3 or 4 day weekend package at an exclusive hotel, OR not be allowed on the Convention floor regardless of their credentials. So, the better off Bernie supporters ( I think Bernie's campaign organizer - Norm Solomon had to scramble to take on this cause also) had to do their own crowdfunding campaign to make sure everyone got in. Then, there were the other horror stories of the Convention....turning down the lights on the Bernie side of the room and turning on sound cannons to drown out the boos when some fucking general was taking the stage as a keynote speaker. Many Sanders supporters were angered by a promise they had been given by Norm after Hillary's acclamation, that they would at least fight for a floor vote to nominate a candidate (expected to be Bernie Sanders of course). All for naught as we're all aware these dog and pony shows end.

But most of Jimmy's friends....like van Landuit and everyone at the Young Turks Youtube channel, Jimmy's sideline job), especially their their boss - Cenk Yugur, were rallying behind the Queen after Bernie got up and repeated the standard perfunctory closing Democrat mantra: it's over, now everyone needs to rally around X because the Republican choice is so horrible and we have to defeat him. Same shit every four years like clockwork. Awhile back, I posted a thread about an editorial by Black Agenda Report's Bruce Dixon, calling Bernie Sanders a "Sheepdog" candidate.....either willingly or unwittingly allowing himself to be used as the tool to keep any disgruntled radicals on the left from completely bolting the Democratic (in name only) Party, after Bernie did the usual shtick of getting on stage with victorious Hillary and declaring his unqualified support, as well as imploring his supporters and followers to do likewise. And let's just say that Jimmy Dore was among a minority who bolted the Party and for a little while there, raised Green Party support numbers to 6%.

I think this is when Jimmy's independent show really took off and started gathering listeners and viewers. Because the left in America has been so successfully divided and confused by all of the baffling bullshit that gets thrown at us on a daily basis. All many people know is: my life is SHIT....I'm working longer and longer hours for less money, while all of my expenses are rising....why is so much money going to military spending when it's almost impossible to drive down our streets and highways...and I'm getting afraid to cross our bridges, that are rusting out, I have to pay a penalty (thank you Obama for renaming Romneycare) because I can't afford to pay for the monthly premiums for bullshit healthcare plans with deductibles so high they're not worth bothering with!

So, I'll end here saying all of you old tea-sipping upper middle class liberals and conservatives are clueless because you live in protective bubbles built and maintained on a daily basis by corporate-owned media, but Jimmy Dore is one of the few uneducated/but quick thinking comics who's able to cut through the bullshit and clutter and get to the heart of many issues that give a lot of people who've never picked up books on poly-sci, sociology, or economics, who want to understand why everything is so fucked up, and why answers given seem so incomplete and vacuous!
The Grandfather of 'em all. I wish he was around to comment on Trump, and his promise to "drain the swamp." I'd really like to hear him talk about the red, white, and blue dick he's shoved up peoples' asses.

Dec 2016
Canada
The Grandfather of 'em all. I wish he was around to comment on Trump, and his promise to "drain the swamp." I'd really like to hear him talk about the red, white, and blue dick he's shoved up peoples' asses.

George Carlin said:
- It's a big club and you ain't in it!!
so he would have more to say than about the president in the white house! I'd be willing to bet that he'd agree with Jimmy Dore that Donald Trump is a distraction, and most of the ruling class he outrages are outraged because, unlike Obama, Trump is an ugly face for the Empire to wear in front of the public! The worst things about America, both at home and abroad are revealed every time Trump opens his mouth.

The difference is...and I wonder just how many of George Carlin's Comedy Central specials you watched in his later years, because he turned into an extremely nihilistic cynic in his latter years, as you can hear in that piece...where he just says 'give up, you're owned and there's nothing you can do about it!' Jimmy is of the opinion that you have to fight back no matter what. And that's the only clear difference in how they see things!

Jun 2018
Toronto
Just ask yourself one simple question: Do you prefer four more years of "fighting back" to a democrat in the white house?

Jimmy Dore did more for Trump than Fox News, because potential democrat voters don't take Fox news seriously.

I'm actually embarrassed to spell it out.

Same for that super duper leftie Jill Stein. It's a very widespread tactic, split your opponent's vote, confuse them, discourage them from voting.

Jill Stein took 1.5 million votes in the last election. Might as well have been the ones you needed for democrat victory.

Last edited: