Trump Jr. Compares Families "Sacrifices" To Veterans Buried At Arlington Cemetery

Dec 2014
Memphis, Tn.
Not constantly. Hell man, the mind goes through a lot of thoughts during any situation. The day my mom died, I thought about her life. I remembered things I hadn't thought of in a long long time, pertaining to her. I also thought about when the last time my oil was changed. What I was going to feed the kids that day. I thought about my dad who had died several years before.
Who the fuck said anything about "constantly?" The fool was driving through Arlington at the time LOOKING at the graves. His self-centered moaning about his family's "sacrifices" was what he thought important enough to put in the fucking book.

Dec 2014
Memphis, Tn.
Because it wasn't listed in the book? You folks are stretching nothing into something. How in the hell would he know about what a soldier sacrificed? He's never been one.
Soldiers themselves, who've been in battle and seen their friends killed, could tell you. But if you or anyone else have never actually been there, then you don't really know.
I've never seen it. So I could only imagine. Same as Trump or his kids. Same as Warren.<<<<<<I got that one in. he he he he
"How would he know about what a soldier sacrificed?" He was looking at their fucking GRAVES!!!!

Jul 2019
Georgia
Because it wasn't listed in the book? You folks are stretching nothing into something. How in the hell would he know about what a soldier sacrificed? He's never been one.
Soldiers themselves, who've been in battle and seen their friends killed, could tell you. But if you or anyone else have never actually been there, then you don't really know.
I've never seen it. So I could only imagine. Same as Trump or his kids. Same as Warren.<<<<<<I got that one in. he he he he
so when you said this

He's not saying the sacrifices him and his family made, were even close to what the soldiers sacrificed.
Good grief. TDS is alive and well in this thread.
what did you mean?

~~~~

a normal human being can go to Arlington and know what the soldiers sacrificed, without being a veteran, by the way
it's a stunning place, you should go if you've never been
(but not if you're a prick like Jr and it'll make you sad for missing out on a couple get rich quick schemes)

Reactions: leekohler2 and RNG
Sep 2019
Here
Who the fuck said anything about "constantly?" The fool was driving through Arlington at the time LOOKING at the graves. His self-centered moaning about his family's "sacrifices" was what he thought important enough to put in the fucking book.
You did.
Gee, I don't know, let me think a second here...
Well, when a normal person, capable of feelings about something other than himself, when driving through a national cemetery filled with generations of people that sacrificed their lives for their country would be thinking of those people in their graves and their sacrifices.
Did you not read what he said. He saw the graves. He thought about the people in those graves. Then his thoughts lead to something else. Duh.
You're TDS is shining bright over this.

BTW, if you're thinking I like Trump in any way, shape or form, you're just stupid. I can't stand him. But you're as bad as the republicans. During the Obama administration, when the RW's were putting out a bunch BS about Obama, I didn't defend Obama. I defended the Truth. Just like I'm doing now. The TRUTH. Not Trump.

Truth is the treason of lies.

Sep 2019
Here
so when you said this

what did you mean?
Me thinks you understand what I mean.
Word games? Seriously?

a normal human being can go to Arlington and know what the soldiers sacrificed, without being a veteran, by the way
it's a stunning place, you should go if you've never been
(but not if you're a prick like Jr and it'll make you sad for missing out on a couple get rich quick schemes)
Well I'm not like DTJ.

But I should've worded my statement better. I suppose one can know what a dead soldier sacrificed. His/her life. But he'll never know the details. The pain, suffering and mental strain while being blown half into, or riddle with bullets. Knowing your bleeding the death. Knowing this is how you're going to die. The thoughts of the loved one's back home. Maybe the thoughts of a wife. And the baby you never got to see.
Only a soldier can know those things. Because those soldiers were friends. The confided in each other things about their lives that people like Trump, Obama, Warren, Biden & Sanders would never know.

Including me.

P.S. Since Trump couldn't have known, then he thought about other stuff. Same as anyone would do.

Sep 2019
Here
"How would he know about what a soldier sacrificed?" He was looking at their fucking GRAVES!!!!
Yup, he was looking at the graves. But he wasn't looking at their blood stain corpses. He wasn't looking at their missing limbs, eyes, heads, arms, legs or anything else. Just a nicely manicured lawn, with headstones as far as the eye could see.
He couldn't see those soldiers wives, kids, mother, father, brothers and sisters.

imaginethat

Forum Staff
Oct 2010
Colorado
Yup, he was looking at the graves. But he wasn't looking at their blood stain corpses. He wasn't looking at their missing limbs, eyes, heads, arms, legs or anything else. Just a nicely manicured lawn, with headstones as far as the eye could see.
He couldn't see those soldiers wives, kids, mother, father, brothers and sisters.
Let's try this one more time:

"I rarely get emotional, if ever. I guess you'd call me hyper-rational, stoic. Yet as we drove past the rows of white grave markers, in the gravity of the moment, I had a deep sense of the importance of the presidency and a love of our country ... In that moment, I also thought of all the attacks we'd already suffered as a family, and about all the sacrifices we'd have to make to help my father succeed — voluntarily giving up a huge chunk of our business and all international deals to avoid the appearance that we were 'profiting off of the office.'"

He's equivocating sacrifices. He's a silver-spooned prick.

May 2018
USA
Forget the fact that Ivanka and Junior and the whole Trump operation have indeed benefited more than ever before from their namesake’s corrupt regime: The breathtaking narcissism involved in comparing the “sacrifices” made by American war veterans and their families to a mob of untalented, barely coherent spoiled brats is truly vulgar. Maybe Junior was thinking about “sacrificing” $2 million in a settlement over he and his family’s fake charity?

Especially considering the "patriarch" of the clan is a draft dodging, cowardly piece of shit, and his kids are all chips off the block. The apple doesn't fall far from the tree, or probably more appropriate in this case, the turd doesn't fall far from the butthole.

It's amazing how people with literally NO achievements whatsoever (other than living as parasites off Fred Trump's inheritance) can have such noble opinions of themselves, isn't it?

Reactions: se7en