Trump Just Made A Huge Miscalculation Firing Jeff Sessions

Jun 2012
Barsoom
The Dems never expected to take the Senate. The #1 goal was to take the HOUSE. Mission accomplished.
My statement regarded probability, not expectation. It was a response to being a rebuke of Trump. A rebuke of Trump would, at the least, require hitting the probabilities that are based on mid-term election data dating back a century for a president's party. The Democrats should have picked up six Senate seats. There is not much to read into the results. I believe the handling of Kavanaugh was a factor in the Senate outcome.

Dec 2015
Arizona
My statement regarded probability, not expectation. It was a response to being a rebuke of Trump. A rebuke of Trump would, at the least, require hitting the probabilities that are based on mid-term election data dating back a century for a president's party. The Democrats should have picked up six Senate seats. There is not much to read into the results. I believe the handling of Kavanaugh was a factor in the Senate outcome.

As usual, you are short-sighted. In my humble opinion, the voters wanted BALANCE!! And they got it. They wanted balance in gender, in party politics, in fiscal responsibility, and balance to CHECK/FOIL the Trump presidency. They also wanted balance in their states, hence the return of Democratic governors (9) and in some cases Democratic congresses within the states. The win in Illinois gives the Democrats total control of that state. The wins in Kansas and Wisconsin will be morale-boosting for Democrats, as they defeated Gov. Kris Kobach, a Trump ally, in Kansas, and Wisconsin Gov. Scott Walker.

The voters also wanted balance in ethnicity and LGBTQ, They got that too.

Jun 2012
Barsoom
As usual, you are short-sighted. In my humble opinion, the voters wanted BALANCE!! And they got it. They wanted balance in gender, in party politics, in fiscal responsibility, and balance to CHECK/FOIL the Trump presidency. They also wanted balance in their states, hence the return of Democratic governors (9) and in some cases Democratic congresses within the states. The win in Illinois gives the Democrats total control of that state. The wins in Kansas and Wisconsin will be morale-boosting for Democrats, as they defeated Gov. Kris Kobach, a Trump ally, in Kansas, and Wisconsin Gov. Scott Walker.

The voters also wanted balance in ethnicity and LGBTQ, They got that too.
I cannot image anyone looking at a ballot and having balance in mind for how they voted. If they did, that is a poor reason to choose a candidate.

Dec 2015
Arizona
I cannot image anyone looking at a ballot and having balance in mind for how they voted. If they did, that is a poor reason to choose a candidate.
You have problems imagining MANY things, Jimmy. You ought to work on that. Just a suggestion of course.

Jun 2012
Barsoom
If anyone can tell me of their voting experience of taking turns on the ballot of one vote for a woman, a white man, an LBGQRZ, one vote for a Hispanic, one vote for a black, etc., then starting over for the sake of balance, that would be great.

Jul 2014
massachusetts
The House does not have oversight of the executive branch. I wish this unconstitutional idea would be challenged in court and put it to rest. The House only has impeached power, and that is not oversight. The president has the same power of oversight over Congress as Congress does over the president.
Doesn't this post belong in 2010, in a thread on Darryl Issa?

Mar 2017
Massachusetts
try and stop us, you should be glad the alternative was a bloody civil war
Oh man I'm real scared. Just shaking in my boots rn at the thought of your "bloody civil war". You know I'd really like to see that personally. Sharing a country with you subhumans really grosses me out.